The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Malware Warning.

Go down 
+3
Silverdrake20
{gone}
Lig
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Number of posts : 11138
Registration date : 2006-10-15

Malware Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Malware Warning.   Malware Warning. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 3:20 pm

It seems there's some zip file malware going around on MSN, AIM, and YIM I believe that's causing problems. It's basically a spam spyware. It'll use your messenger to send copies of itself on to others on your messenger list. From what I've heard it's pretty hard to get rid of. So just be careful folks. It tried to get me earlier today but I declined the file thanks to a bit of paranoia about such things. And also it seemed weird to get a message like that from someone I haven't talked to in ages and barely know.
Back to top Go down
http://lionstigerandligers.editboard.com
{gone}

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Malware Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malware Warning.   Malware Warning. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 8:16 pm

ya, its a really bad one, and really really hard to remove, no normal anti-spyware or anti-virus gets rid of em. When they actually infect your computer you have to go into safe mode and then get rid of the files yourself.. Which can be hard to find, but generally if you run most of the anti-spyware of anti-virus programs in safe mode they will give you a directory to look in to find the virus, just for some reason they never work to actually get rid of it.
Back to top Go down
Silverdrake20

Silverdrake20

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2007-06-13

Malware Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malware Warning.   Malware Warning. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 9:39 pm

Thank God Macs work on a different format

I don't know if it will affect me if I got hit with it, but I dont use any anti anything and have never had a problem before.
Back to top Go down

Malware Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malware Warning.   Malware Warning. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:06 pm

man if I get it Im going to be pissed. i just finished reinstalling all of softwere after I nuked it last weekend
Back to top Go down
Incontinent Wolfhound
Serious Business
Serious Business
Incontinent Wolfhound

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2007-05-28

Malware Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malware Warning.   Malware Warning. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:10 pm

well, donlt be stupid and your computer will be fine
Back to top Go down
{gone}

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Malware Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malware Warning.   Malware Warning. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:16 pm

Incontinent Wolfhound wrote:
well, donlt be stupid and your computer will be fine

Ain't that the truth xD, but sometimes that is easier said than done when it comes to computers Razz
Back to top Go down
kaiskune
Admin
kaiskune

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2006-10-24

Malware Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malware Warning.   Malware Warning. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 6:11 am

this malware usually hides under the name of "webcam pics" of something on that line. and when it sends it self it is followed by a random line of text after it. if you have been infected with this virus you can tell because anyone online when it starts sending flashes up on your screen as chat boxes then they close down and you lose control of your IM and have to restart it

i had to reformat my system to get rid of em last time cause they infected more than i expected
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kaiskune/
Cuddy Fox

Cuddy Fox

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2006-11-30

Malware Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malware Warning.   Malware Warning. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 7:37 am

I will not accept anything from anyone anyway. Ussually if I have to send someone something, I will email it, like I do with pics and stories.
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2007-05-28

Malware Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malware Warning.   Malware Warning. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 11:53 am

I usually don't accept anything unless that person explicitly told me the message before he was sending a file or something. Apart from that I never accept any kinds of files.

Aahh, the Internet, the only place where paranoia helps... somewhat. XD

And in terms of virus in general, I don't download much so I don't get many plus I have an anti-virus program running at all times. Of course, it's still Windows I'm using so I probably have a few hiding somewhere my anti-virus doesn't recognize.

You're right Silverdrake, good 'ol Macs... which version are you running?

Oh, speaking of viruses in general
http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/
and click "viruses" or watch just about any of the others.

But what exactly does that virus do except send it self to all your contacts via MSN or those instant messaging programs?
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/furryfurryfurry/
Sponsored content

Malware Warning. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malware Warning.   Malware Warning. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malware Warning.
Page 1 of 1