The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cartoon Rant thread.

Go down 
+10
Envy
Neptune_Orca
{gone}
FFF
Poco
Lil Eevee
Cuddy Fox
Zee-Zee
Tonga
Lig
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FFF

FFF

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2007-05-28

Cartoon Rant thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:58 pm

Yes, Animals of Farthing Wood really was traumatic. I swear, death was all over that show. I still remember nearly all of the episodes I've seen, because they were that shocking. The death of the pheasants, the field mice being impaled on that thorn tree by that bird... Goodness...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me like there are two main story arks, first one being getting to White Deer Park, and then what happened after, no? Anyone know if there were two seasons made or was it just one long series?

Watership down, darn, I'm sure I've seen at least little snips of that movie on TV at some point. I've got to find a way to watch the entire movie.

Another older movie: Once upon a Forest. Anyone ever seen that one? That cartoon was dark as well... at least the parts that I remember. I seen it in pre-school, the teachers got one of those old film projectors, like the ones with the film reels... yet the movie was only 1993... Guess that was the only way of projecting a movie at the time...
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/furryfurryfurry/
Poco

Poco

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:01 pm

I never saw The Animals of Farthing Wood but it sounds pretty traumatizing. For the record, Watership Down was a book intended for adults. It was full of death and grim situations, like most of Richard Adam's writing. I'm actually pretty shocked that they turned it into a children's movie.
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:58 pm

It wasn't a children's movie. It was just animated. How else are you going to do a film about rabbits? The series in the 90s was more aimed at children, though, and a lot less violent because of it. It suffered from much adaptation decay, as well....

Farthing Wood's first season was based off the first book, second was based off another, etc.... I don't know the details, though.

Hiow about this? Anyone remember Redwall? :3
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

Number of posts : 1716
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 2:59 am

Yep, Farthing Wood was two seasons, like you say. And yeep, I'd forgotten the bit with the baby mice!
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2007-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:43 pm

Anyone know how accurate the Animals of Farthing Wood series were to the books? If they were accurate, well, I know I'm probably never going to get to watch all the episodes so I might as well read the books.

Though if I've learned anything concerning book to TV series, its that the books always contain a whole lot more nasty details... *sigh*
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/furryfurryfurry/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cartoon Rant thread.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2