The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A constant work in progress

Go down 
+14
vincent
Twilight_Prophet
Raikan
Prav
Incontinent Wolfhound
Maxis
Neptune_Orca
Silverdrake20
Envy
{gone}
Lig
Poco
Zee-Zee
FFF
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
FFF

FFF

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2007-05-28

A constant work in progress Empty
PostSubject: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:24 pm

I haven't done any drawing in so long, it's ridiculous.

I'm still learning, right now, I'm trying to figure out how to make all my art programs work properly.

Until then:
A constant work in progress 036FFFthoughtfulcolored

Yes, one eye is supposed to be green with the other one blue. I wanted to see what it would look like.

Comments and critiques are always welcome. Goodness knows there's a lot to work on right here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/furryfurryfurry/
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

Number of posts : 1716
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:31 pm

Nice work! The colours are excellent - what's it done with?
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:51 pm

All electronically, the line art was done on "Painter Tool SAI" and the coloring was done on Corel Painter Essentials 3, with a tablet.
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:54 pm

Interesting effect on the coloring. It almost looks like water color paints.
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 12:15 am

Thanks DarkSun!

And Poco, it's funny you should mention water color because the tool I used was, in fact, "Digital Watercolor."

Speaking of watercolors, here's another one I made.

It's silly, really, because I noticed there as a fill effect after I completed this drawing. XD

A constant work in progress 045FFFcasualcolored
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Number of posts : 11138
Registration date : 2006-10-15

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 12:37 am

Wow I must say you did a good job on this FFF. Keep this kind of work up and you'll be getting request. Hehehee.
Back to top Go down
http://lionstigerandligers.editboard.com
{gone}

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 1:19 am

ooo really nice o.o. The first one was awesome, then the second one was like even more awesome x3. I love the color on both of em, and the eyes in the second one.
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 4:44 am

The second one is brilliant! Great work, FFF!
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 3:36 pm

Yeah, I like the second one better too. You're getting good at this!
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm

Nice, very nice. ^^ I like the watercolour effect. o.o
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:51 pm

Thanks for the comments, everybody!
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 9:21 pm

Argh! Double post...

A constant work in progress 048bSchoolMountainLineart

I'm sure we all felt this way at some point or another. Laughing

Very very quickly done sketch which more or less shows my current situation right now... *sigh* anyways, I better go study for two exams coming up... maybe I'll make a better version of this thing after my exams are done...

... I just realized, where it says "tosts" on the right, it's supposed to be "tests" Razz
Back to top Go down
Silverdrake20

Silverdrake20

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 9:29 pm

XD

Reminds me of my senior year in High School.
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:36 pm

Same here XD

A constant work in progress 049dFFFvsCanvasColored
I swear, sometimes, trying to draw does that to me...

I'm working on a new coloring methods, which I'll try to use for my next drawing although those of you who have eagle eyes will see where it's been tried already in this drawing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Silverdrake20

Silverdrake20

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:48 pm

lol

Now that my friend is exactly how I feel sometimes about writing!

Good work Triple F.
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:24 pm

Thanks!

And I totally agree. Writing does that too.
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:28 pm

Congrads FFF you know know the pain of the artist. I'll get the same thing happening when I'm trying to draw something sometimes. Parts just won't come to me easily. Urg. But anyway that is a great pic. Your art's improved a lot.
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:24 am

Heeheehee, nice one! Smile
Back to top Go down
{gone}

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:52 pm

ooo, nice :3, it looks like you changed your coloing method on the paint brush and the eisle(sp.). Just a guess though, I think it looks really great n.n
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:27 am

Thanks for all the comments guys! It's always very appreciated.

And yes, Paerole, it's the easel's arms and the paintbrush that have a solid coloring.

Okay...
A constant work in progress 050dPounceFailColored

I tried solid coloring, but... either I learn what mistake I'm making or I should stick to water colors.

The thing is, to have solid coloring, the lineart has to be highly contrasting, with black lines and white background with no grey in between. So I'll be working on that.

I think another problem is that this is the first time I draw a snout facing upwards. That is something I should work on too.

As for a bit of back ground information on the picture, I was sitting when for no apparent reason, I remembered that while hunting, foxes jump high in the air and land on their prey. I saw a clip of that happening on TV a while ago, and couldn't help but notice that the foxes didn't always land on their feet... so yeah.

Any other comments or piece of advice?
Back to top Go down
{gone}

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:31 pm

It looks good n.n, I personally like the watercolors more cause they are softer, and water colors make it looks kinda shaded in a way. But that is just a personal opinion they all look really good.
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:47 pm

I think it came out alright but I agree with Pae. I personally like the soft water colors a bit better. I might try using them in some of my art sometime.
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 3:13 pm

Pretty good. This must have been a difficult pose, I couldn't have done it myself. I'd agree that the watercolors look better, but I'm biased because that's my favorite medium. Razz
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 2:06 am

Whoa, it's been a while.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, guys. Yeah, I think I'll stick to watercolor as well.

Anyways, I've been doodling three times and drawing once over the last little while.

https://2img.net/h/i154.photobucket.com/albums/s275/Furryfurryfurry/055bFingerinaLocker1Lineart.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i154.photobucket.com/albums/s275/Furryfurryfurry/058bFingerShakingLineart.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i154.photobucket.com/albums/s275/Furryfurryfurry/057bFingerHoppingLineart.jpg

To put you up to speed on the first three, a few days ago (on Tuesday if memory serves), I don't know how I did that, but I kicked my locker door shut... right onto my index finger. Even now, the part under the nail still feels numb, as if on anesthetics or asleep. Either way, I think I must have literally hit a nerve.

Anyways, because of the intense pain for the first five minutes after it happened, I thought it would be a good motivational device to start something I hadn't done before: dynamic poses. Problem being, up until now, all my drawings have been of characters just standing there. No real movement, so here, I tried capturing some movement (you don't just stand around when you had your finger jammed, believe me). Unfortunately, they turned out... not as well as I had hoped.

I mean, do you guys feel there's actual movement being represented in the picture? As in you can feel he's moving? I still find I have a lot of work to do in that field. Suggestions?

And the last one
A constant work in progress 059cValentinesDaybouquetColored

With Valentine's Day about to arrive, and a lot of things on my schedule, I felt I probably wouldn't have time to draw much if at all before Valentine's Day, so here's something.

I'd like to say that that's how I'm feeling right now, but no. It's not an actual event. More of a memory actually. When I was little, like, in Kindergarten or Grade 1, can't remember which, I could've sworn I was in love with a girl. Today, probably it would be laughed at, but for the me of the time, I could've sworn it was love. Anyone else felt that way? As a kid thought they were in love?

Anyways, at that time, I guess I never really told her, but, well, I guess one could say this is what I would've done if I could.

Speaking of which, to all you people who can hold a pencil, don't forget to come up with a Valentine's Day based picture.

Heck, maybe we could have a contest later if there are enough pictures, but for the time being, why not just try to doodle a little something based on something we could all use a bit more of? I love you
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 4:27 am

Awwwwwwwww! FFF, that's beautiful! And you're right, everyone needs to draw a Valentine's Day pic! I'll do one as soon as I have some more free time. And how about a love story or two from the writers on the site?

And yes, there's definitely a sense of movement in the other pics. I especially like the first one! It makes me giggle, even though I know it's based on a true and hurty story. Hope the finger's feeling better now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A constant work in progress
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next