The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dont do microsfot kids!

Go down 
+5
{gone}
Tonga
Incontinent Wolfhound
Silverdrake20
Poco
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Dont do microsfot kids! Empty
PostSubject: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 6:45 am

well lets see here, microsoft did it again...

I have trying to download the halo 3 heroic map pack since it came out. It wont download, no matter how many times I try calling XBL support, they tell me to do the same failing proccess every time. Now I have called them damn near fifty times.

Now I cant even play halo online until I get these maps downloaded! and since they wont download I guess Im just S.O.L. thanks bungie and microsoft! thanks for not fixing a simple problem! I know it has to be the hard drive and I know that if I can send in a xbox for the red ring of death then I can get a referbished hardrive considering its the original! and if they cant do anythign then well microsoft is nothiung than a P.o.s. company.
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:43 am

I don't know anything about Halo, but I'll join you in hating Microsoft.

MICROSOFT SUCKS!
Back to top Go down
Silverdrake20

Silverdrake20

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 11:27 am

This is why I use a mac
Back to top Go down
Incontinent Wolfhound
Serious Business
Serious Business
Incontinent Wolfhound

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2007-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 1:32 pm

I havent had a problem with Mircrosoft at all really...I like what I got Razz But yeah, I know what you mean Kiru >.< Tech support for most companies actually is terrible. Half the time they ask stupid things like "Is it plugged in?" or such... bleh. Hating Microsoft is kinda useless though...unless you actually want to try a Linex based system. I like gaming, and macs are not gaming computers, so therefor it would be pointless for me to get a mac...
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 2:05 pm

Incontinent Wolfhound wrote:
Hating Microsoft is kinda useless though...unless you actually want to try a Linex based system. I like gaming, and macs are not gaming computers, so therefor it would be pointless for me to get a mac...

That's my problem with Mac as well. I LOVE them for digital art of any kind, but there's not a lot else they beat PC on. I want Linex badly, but it's hard to find lately and is pretty expensive.
Back to top Go down
Incontinent Wolfhound
Serious Business
Serious Business
Incontinent Wolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 3:37 pm

Actually Linix is free and open source, try Ubunto...or however it is spelt... *giggles* Also, Adobe for example makes briliant art creation programs (Illustrator, Audition, Premiere, Photoshop, Flash, etc), and their programs are available for Mac and Windows. In fact, it was originally on Mac to beguin with. *giggles*

Also of note, emulation programs on Linex can let you play almost anything on them. However, Linex is NOT great for beginners...thats why i stick to windows, cause its easy >.< So, honestly, stick with windows if you have a PC. Not once have I had trouble with XP (or even vista for that matter), so thats why I honestly shrug and am indifferent. I tried the Apple vid editing program before, and I absolutly hated it compared to Premiere...meh. Thinkign about it, I am also indifferent to getting a Wii, 360 or PS3, cuase they all are good and fun Razz Either I know nothing, or I have grown up!
Back to top Go down
Tonga

Tonga

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 5:45 pm

I use Mac and Microsoft, but personally I prefer the way may mac runs. It's not as confusing... Although I'm more of a neutral person, so whatever floats your boat Razz
Back to top Go down
{gone}

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 6:44 pm

added note, I have only really skimmed this thread, but Linux is not all freeware, although there are some freeware mods, most of the best most functional versions are paid (ex. Redhat, fedora, apache). I use Centos 05 myself when I run in Linux, I'm not sure if that is a freeware version or not cause I got it from my stepdad.
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 7:14 pm

Paerole wrote:
added note, I have only really skimmed this thread, but Linux is not all freeware, although there are some freeware mods, most of the best most functional versions are paid (ex. Redhat, fedora, apache). I use Centos 05 myself when I run in Linux, I'm not sure if that is a freeware version or not cause I got it from my stepdad.

Yeah, it's Redhat that I prefer. And to Sirius: I know that the Adobe suite is awesome, I learned it on Mac. That was my point, Mac's are way better for artwork.

Personally, I loathe XP. It's designed to malfunction with non-Microsoft add-ons. For example, I don't use the default security software, but I can't turn it off either! Ditto IE. So I have to leave them running in the background while I use the better software I added myself. I could go on, but let's just say Windows has gotten worse with every incarnation. I'm scared to even try Vista.
Back to top Go down
Incontinent Wolfhound
Serious Business
Serious Business
Incontinent Wolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 9:13 pm

Quote :
And to Sirius: I know that the Adobe suite is awesome, I learned it on Mac.

I know, thats why i use it instead Razz It runs sexcelent on my computer, and I have a blast using it! hehe! As I said, I have not had any problems with windows at all, in no matter what incarnation. Maybe thats why I am happy with what I got, or I am so used to it the problems dont annoy me! hehe. Also to Alex, I find mac way more confusing than windows, so i guess some people jsut use their computers differently, or sumthin like that.
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

Number of posts : 393

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:42 pm

Actually, I'm suppose to get a new laptop soon.

So I'm stuck at that big crossing, Vista or Leopard... Windows XP is out the window (no pun intended) since no laptops ship with XP anymore.

Windows Vista has, in fact, gotten a lot of negative reviews, but some positive as well. Personally, the only complaint I have is that the darn thing takes forever to boot up or shutdown on a laptop. Maybe it as the 1.5 GHz processor that was a bit slow on the model I returned, but it honestly takes too long.

As for Mac, I never quite gotten used to it, but I'm sure I can learn. The problem now is, MacBooks are very "normal" in terms of hardware and don't come with nearly as many ports as I'd like (no standard VGA port, no flashcard reader, no e-PCI slot...). The MacBook Pro's on the other hand, are superior in terms of hardware to just about any other manufacturer I've seen, but cost almost twice as much for similar hardware. On the plus side, the reliability and stability of Mac is legendary.

Option C, is of course, getting a Mac and installing XP, but that would just cost even more. Besides... does anyone actually do that? I think that most people who plan to do that end up just sticking to Mac OS X.

I'm still not exactly close to getting my laptop (I can still expect to wait a few months) but it's a problem I have to deal with.

And I have an XBox 360. Yes, it's the console that's broken down the most but... meh, I can live with that. Mine's still going strong although the internal clock battery's dead... resets at 8:00 AM every time I turn it off and back on. XD

As an added bit of trivia, did you know that there are other operating systems besides Windows, Mac OS X and Linux that are still in business?
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/furryfurryfurry/
Envy

Envy

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 3:25 pm

This discussion reminds me of this site:
http://rinkworks.com/stupid/

It's a chronocle of a bunch of stupid tech support calls and computer stories. These are the reasons why tech support has to ask stupid questions first. >.>
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 12:11 pm

Thing is, people who are usually tech savvy enough to not make those mistakes won't need to call tech support.

Now, my question is, are there still people, today, years after the computers came out, who are still making that kind of mistake?
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 3:48 pm

Probably. People are still being introduced to computers, were in the mist of a societal and technological revolution. Computers have been around for a while, but are still new and people are still being introduced to them, and thus there are still those completely in the dark about basic workings.
In 100 years? Probably not, at least in the industrealised world. Today? Yes, there are still people ignorant to electronics.
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 3:59 pm

Yeah, we got my grandmother a computer so she could keep in touch with e-mail. It didn't really work out.
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

Number of posts : 1716
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 4:14 pm

My grandmother was working with computers in 1942. She was an expert with punchcards and great with things you had to do for computers in the olden days, like converting time into decimals for it. She's just a bit out of touch with more recent developments. Smile
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 5:00 pm

Ah yes, those old computers.

How interesting that those contraptions as big as entire gymnasiums probably accomplished less than your average pocket calculator.

Actually, here's an interesting piece of trivia.
The earliest computers operated using vacuum tubes. One day, one of the computers malfunctioned, and it turned out that one of the tubes had been cracked and there was a dead bug inside (I think the records indicate it was a cockroach). So that's why any error or loophole in a program or an Operating System is called "a bug."

Ah, the third Industrial Revolution.
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 6:58 pm

Third? What's the second?

The first calculator was invented in the 1600s, powered by gears. Indeed, there are things you could consider computers as far back as Ancient Greece, with the inventions of Hiro and devices like a machine to track the stars.
Who was Hero? The man who invented automatic doors, which opened when a torch was lit, and holy-water dispensing vending machines, and even basic automatons (Think like Chuck E. Cheese robots, except 2000 years earlier)
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 9:09 pm

Oh yeah! Héron d'Alexendrie he's called in French. Heron of Alexandria. Yeah. Actually, I seem to confuse him with Archimedes quite often... wonder why...

His automatic door opening machine worked on the concept that when you light a fireplace which had a specially designed with a sealed water tank beneath it, it would heat the water. As water expanded, it traveled through a tube and into a large water bucket. The bucket, which already had some water, got heavier then a counterweight. As the bucket moved down, it pulled a series of gears that opened the doors. When you put out the fire, water retracted, pulled itself away from the bucket, the bucket got lighter then the counter weight, system moves in reverse, doors shut. The magic happened in a huge underground chamber. I wonder how many of these things were built.

He also built the first steam machine. I really strange contraption that, with all due respect to his genius, was useless. I don't remember what it was called, but it made a small wheel turn by having steam blowing out its sides.

I saw a show that talked a bit about Heron and that's pretty much all I remembered from it. Mind it, I watched that show like some eight or nine years ago.

The First industrial revolution was using steam power to replace man power.
The Second industrial revolution was using electrical power to replace steam power.
The Third is information revolution. It really started before the first "modern" computers, but it's very much linked to the silicon semi-conductor.

The mechanization and very very closely followed by "electronification" of information was the third industrial revolution.

I'm done my rant.
Back to top Go down
Chazor

Chazor

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:19 am

Silverdrake19 wrote:
This is why I use a mac

True enough, but too bad there isn't a version of X BoX 360 made by Apple XD
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 5:25 pm

It was called an Aeolipile *looked it up.*
It wasn't entirely useless, as it did crank small dancers and toys and such in a device' kind of like a toy carosel but with a flame on top, among other things. However, it didn't have nearly the same impact, or posses the abilities, that the steam engines of the industreal revolution.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dont do microsfot kids!   Dont do microsfot kids! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dont do microsfot kids!
Page 1 of 1