The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

how many of you guys ever heard about this

Go down 
+5
Lig
Envy
Maxis
Zee-Zee
deltagumon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
deltagumon

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-04-11

how many of you guys ever heard about this Empty
PostSubject: how many of you guys ever heard about this   how many of you guys ever heard about this Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 5:52 pm

I'm just wondering how many are awere of this idea

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/4/22/150901.shtml
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

Number of posts : 1716
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: how many of you guys ever heard about this   how many of you guys ever heard about this Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 6:00 pm

I've heard of diaper-free Elimination Communication with babies - it's been around for years, even in countries where diapers are the norm - but I didn't know the everything-that-comes-from-green-people-must-be-evil types had heard of it and started writing articles like this Smile
Back to top Go down
deltagumon

PostSubject: Re: how many of you guys ever heard about this   how many of you guys ever heard about this Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 6:07 pm

I love to be kind to the enviroment but of coarse there are always those who take it to some extreme

my main problem is although some of those who practice this have always spent time with there kids but you know some haven't

some of them would have gone to work to by more toys for themseves and there kids but now that the enviroment is there they feel guilt to try and save the planet.

they are willing to devote so much time to there kids now but before they would have been content to let there kids be raise by baby sitters
Back to top Go down
Maxis

Maxis

Number of posts : 2898
Registration date : 2006-12-30

PostSubject: Re: how many of you guys ever heard about this   how many of you guys ever heard about this Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:45 pm

Ive heard of it as well but its been around for a while. I recently read a story in Readers Digest, saying that the "issue" of disposable diapers in actually vastly overexaggerated.

I dont think its gonna happen
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/maxymaxis
Envy

Envy

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: how many of you guys ever heard about this   how many of you guys ever heard about this Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:06 pm

I heard there are actually ways to recycle diapers. A tad icky, but much more logical....
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Number of posts : 11138
Registration date : 2006-10-15

PostSubject: Re: how many of you guys ever heard about this   how many of you guys ever heard about this Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:10 pm

Yeah I've heard about this but I don't think anything will come from it. It's just not very practical in most situations. You'd only get a little bit of warning time and if your anywhere but home you'll never make it to the rest room in time. I like Max have read that the whole disposable diaper thing is over exaggerated. And Yeah I've heard of the diaper recycling thing too.
Back to top Go down
http://lionstigerandligers.editboard.com
Incontinent Wolfhound
Serious Business
Serious Business
Incontinent Wolfhound

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2007-05-28

PostSubject: Re: how many of you guys ever heard about this   how many of you guys ever heard about this Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:11 pm

Yeah...actually, according to an anthropological journal i read, diapers take up less than 1 percent of all landfill garbage, and paper takes up 40 percent of that all. The impact is insignifigant. Also of interest, when garbage is put into landfills, most of it does not decompose, even if it is decomposable. Basically, there needs to be oxygen for stuff to break down, and inside a landfill, there is no oxygen, I kid you not. researchers have found old food still basically intact, papers un-yellowed and such. The only way you could tell they came froma dump was the smell *giggles*
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: how many of you guys ever heard about this   how many of you guys ever heard about this Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:43 pm

Training the child from birth requires a 24/7 commitment. Basically, one or both parents must be not working and around the child constantly. Also, like Lig already said, you pretty much couldn't leave the house during the first 18 months or so since you need to be constantly close to a toilet. Not at all practical.
Back to top Go down
{gone}

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: how many of you guys ever heard about this   how many of you guys ever heard about this Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:37 pm

Ok, just a heads up, there's going to be some colorful language here:

So, this is complete and utter bullshit spewing from the mouths of over the top environmentalists extremeists. I think that this is the most rediculous thing that I have ever heard. First of all I don't think that anyone who supports this has ever actually had to deal with a baby and understand what they are talking about, they are just as bad as religious extremists now except worse. When someone goes around preaching religion they are generally shunned by the people who don't want to hear it and it is socially inacceptable. But these fucking environmentalists can get away with it because of the hugeeeee crisis state and image the media and everyone is portraying.. I mean sure it is bad, and there does need to be something done about it.. But this is wayy wayyy over the top and not required by a long long long shot.... They should be going after some of the things that everyone can actually do, and isn't completely rediculous. These extremists can get away with preaching because environmental issues have become socially acceptable and so they can say whatever they want and preach to whoever they want and whatever they want. People like that should be silenced, because it is getting really fucking annoying. Everywhere you look its like 'save the planet this' and 'save the planet that' or 'don't do this' or 'don't do that' etc. etc.. And although a lot of what is said by the people who actually know what they are talking about is very logical and acceptable, things like what is said in that article are BULL.

Another thing (and I could pick everything apart in this article) there's something about how some third-world countries manage to go diaperless... well that is because they can't first of all, and second of all look at all the fucking sick people over there and how horrible a state they live in... is that something we want to recreate? We turn on the TV like every commercial we see a humanity outreach to these places they are saying we should take as 'rolemodels for going diaperless' but there are so many people sick and dying for reasons like that. A lot of people in those countries live in filth and poverty because they can't afford things like diapers, or shelter, or food. Diapers would be the least of their worries. People are getting sick and dying because of this state of living, and apparently that what they want us to emulate? Oh really? Wow... Just when I thought it didn't get any more dumb...

The majority of the people that are proposing this have probably never had to raise a child, at least from infancy, so they keep on preaching their over the top beliefs on everybody else who really don't need that extra fuckin pressure. If you have ever had to babysit for a child under a year or two then you know what it's like. And what about when the baby is sleeping are you supposed to watch it all night for these little 'signs' and then wake it up if you manage to see one in time.... Ya, that's a real great idea...

Anyway, in conclusion I am 100% fully against this soo yaa.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how many of you guys ever heard about this   how many of you guys ever heard about this Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:58 pm

Paerole wrote:

So, this is complete and utter bullshit spewing from the mouths of over the top environmentalists extremeists. I think that this is the most rediculous thing that I have ever heard.

Agreed, but just rember
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
{gone}

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: how many of you guys ever heard about this   how many of you guys ever heard about this Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:15 pm

lawl @ Espi
Back to top Go down
deltagumon

PostSubject: Re: how many of you guys ever heard about this   how many of you guys ever heard about this Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 12:20 am

there are actualy a few captain planet episode memories that fill my nestalgic side but I still I don't like it when they take it to extreme.

the media is always willing to grab a few lemmings where ever it can, of coarse telling them from those that simply want to do the better thing is not easy.

My solution would be this,
Now this technolodgy is defenatly still a ways away but my idea would be a diaper composed of a protien that contracts when an electric current is run through

the used diapers would be kept in the bathroom and every night you would clean them by running an electric current through them and that would cause them to become compact and flat like a sheet of plastic, this would cause all the waste to be squeased out or released just wipe the remainder of to clean and disinfect than cut off the current and the diaper would slowly return to normal and ready for use again

what do you guys think of that idea?
Back to top Go down
Tonga

Tonga

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: how many of you guys ever heard about this   how many of you guys ever heard about this Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 12:36 am

deltagumon wrote:
there are actualy a few captain planet episode memories that fill my nestalgic side but I still I don't like it when they take it to extreme.

the media is always willing to grab a few lemmings where ever it can, of coarse telling them from those that simply want to do the better thing is not easy.

My solution would be this,
Now this technolodgy is defenatly still a ways away but my idea would be a diaper composed of a protien that contracts when an electric current is run through

the used diapers would be kept in the bathroom and every night you would clean them by running an electric current through them and that would cause them to become compact and flat like a sheet of plastic, this would cause all the waste to be squeased out or released just wipe the remainder of to clean and disinfect than cut off the current and the diaper would slowly return to normal and ready for use again

what do you guys think of that idea?
(Image Removed)
Back to top Go down
Maxis

Maxis

PostSubject: Re: how many of you guys ever heard about this   how many of you guys ever heard about this Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 7:30 am

C'mon Alex...try to be a little nicer
this isn't FTT
Back to top Go down
deltagumon

PostSubject: Re: how many of you guys ever heard about this   how many of you guys ever heard about this Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 10:55 am

don't worry maxis I sometimes forget I speak neard Embarassed
I love the both of you
I am an interesting combo of flavores I am a red-neck, nerd, cowboy closet emo (you'll see what I mean one I get my arts done) and baby fur

I'm like ketchup, pickel ice cream
all good but something went weird... and I am proud of it Razz
Back to top Go down
Maxis

Maxis

PostSubject: Re: how many of you guys ever heard about this   how many of you guys ever heard about this Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 5:09 pm

hehe, thats very sweet Augmon, thank you^-^

and as weird as you are...
I've had Ketchup and pickel flavored ice cream
>.> I enjoyed it
Back to top Go down
deltagumon

PostSubject: Re: how many of you guys ever heard about this   how many of you guys ever heard about this Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 5:27 pm

*snuggles with you happily*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how many of you guys ever heard about this   how many of you guys ever heard about this Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how many of you guys ever heard about this
Page 1 of 1