The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Xenomorphs vs Yautja

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Xenomorphs vs Yautja Empty
PostSubject: Xenomorphs vs Yautja   Xenomorphs vs Yautja Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:03 pm

AKA Aliens vs Predator!

yes soon there will be yet another aliens vs predator game comeing out soon, thankfully this time it will be done by the original creators of the first AvP game, rebellion.

for those who haven't played the original PC games let me give you a heads up on what you've missed.
Basically the game is a FPS where you can take control of a space marine, a predator, or an alien! each have their own unique ways of combat.

the marines have the firearms, mainly all the ones you see in the movie Aliens like the pulse rifle, the flame thrower and the smart gun. you can also take control of a exo-suit that is outfitted with some firepower as well. you also get the signature motion tracker. which at times can be very useful, but even with all these weapons, humans still really are the cattle to this slaughter house of a game.

the predators have alot of fun gadgets, once again borrowing from the movies as well, though they have updated the new game with some of the weapons from the AvP movies such as the sticky mines (and rumored throwing stars) you still get the old classics, the wrist blades, disk, spear, and shoulder mounted blaster. you also get to use your cloaking which makes you nearly invisible to the human eye. note the work "human" (explained later on). you also have great strength that also you to jump into higher up areas so you can hunt your prey down below. the last of your arsenal is your multiple visions, normal, heat, and xeno vision (i don't really know the name). normal is pretty self explanatory, your heat vision is makes humans glow with realistic heat markings, and the xeno vision is used for locating the aliens making them a bright green against a black background. all in all predators just kick ass.

the Aliens don't use anything else but there tails, claws and inner mouths. this make make them seem defenseless, but aliens can be extremely lethal up close and in great numbers. especially with their ability to crawl on any surface, access vents, and there night vision and hormone sensing which makes humans glow red, fellow aliens blue and predators a bright green making the predators camouflage useless for a xenomorph hunt. aliens also treavel at extreme speeds, which the developers say have toned down for the console versions of the game.

in the older PC versions of the game I know there were different classes to choose from for multi player. I'm not sure if this will transition into the newer game, but i hope it does. another feature that was in the older games was the ability to turn the alien life cycle on and off, where you would start as a face hugger, attach to a host, become a chest burster, then grow into a full fledge alien. another interesting thing was if you got enough kills as a alien you could become a queen for a short time, i doubt rebellion will put that into the new game (at least for the consoles) but i sure hope they do, because even though you could get into more cramped areas as the queen, you were a frightening force to be reckoned with.

I have preorder this game today in high hopes that it will live up to the expectations that its ancestors left hopeing that sega didn't fuck it up like they have with there other games, by the 16th of February we will find out. but I will leave off with only one question for you.

survivor, hunter, or prey. which will you be?
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Number of posts : 11138
Registration date : 2006-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Xenomorphs vs Yautja   Xenomorphs vs Yautja Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:07 pm

Wow this game sounds pretty damn fun. I know I'd like to get my hands on a copy of it. Myself I'd probably go into the game first time around as a Yautja. They're a cool species and I love their weapons and gadgets. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://lionstigerandligers.editboard.com
kaiskune
Admin
kaiskune

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2006-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Xenomorphs vs Yautja   Xenomorphs vs Yautja Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:26 pm

a space marine? bolter and power armour? ^^

i pre-ordered the game today as well nya. i'm looking forward to trying out the xenomorphs. the Colonials look cool but Ive always wanted to play as a Aliens... the only AvP game i played was extinction, the strategy game.

i just hope they don't portray the Preds as heroes again
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kaiskune/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xenomorphs vs Yautja   Xenomorphs vs Yautja Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xenomorphs vs Yautja
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Furr Den :: Social/fun :: General Chit Chat-
Jump to: