The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pony stuff...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chimour

Chimour

Number of posts : 691
Localisation : In Denshire Falls playing with Lig, and everyone else!
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Pony stuff... Empty
PostSubject: Pony stuff...   Pony stuff... Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:39 am

Yeah... Well I'm now a brony since I decided to finally check out MLP : FIM, and well I liked it which I guess makes me a member of the fandom! Most of the episodes are good, some are okay, and the others remaining really really piss me off...

I made this topic to vent over how stupid some of these less favorable episodes are, so sorry if you thought this was a topic for something serious!

"Feeling Pinkie Keen", and "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well" are the two offending episodes... The first for it's moral, the second for everything excluding the animation... The first episode mentioned is for the most part pretty awesome, but since every episode has to have a moral you're bound to get some pretty stupid bullshit life lessons to top off what could've been a perfect pony experience! Basically the moral was "Even though you can't prove it sometimes you just got to listen to your friends, and believe in it", and well I doubt that I need to go into detail as to why I hate this moral... I mean what kind of lesson is that to teach your kids since this show was made for, oh I dunno... KIDS?!?!

That, and well "Pinkie Sense" was not just something Twilight Sparkle decided to believe in based on blind faith, but Pinkie Pie basically proved that it was real to her by the end of the episode! This whole moral is fucked up, and even if it wasn't it doesn't apply to Twilight since she's not blindly believing something that she can't prove because Pinkie gave her the evidence she needed to the contrary!

Now then moving onto "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well"... The only nice thing I can say about this episode is that it has good animation just like every other episode, and that's it! As far as plot's concerned Rainbow Dash is a bit of a jerk, her friends are even bigger jerks, the pop-culture refference is completely unwarranted, the moral is fucking stupid, and well by the end of it I just wished that Rainbow Dash dropped a few F-bombs, and told all of her friends that they could go straight to hell before then moving to a different town where she wouldn't have to deal with their petty bullshit anymore...

...Anyways what're your thoughts, and opinions? I mean I can't be the only brony on this site hmm?
Back to top Go down
Chinook

Chinook

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Pony stuff... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pony stuff...   Pony stuff... Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:36 pm

It's insidious isn't it? Got presurd into watching that a few months back and got myself addicted...

And agreed: that one episode rubs me the wrong way a lot (the first one)...
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/chinookorca/
Light The Fox

Light The Fox

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Pony stuff... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pony stuff...   Pony stuff... Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:09 pm

I have no big opinion, but yes, me likes it <3
Thinking about watching it all on Netflix today, tomorrow, and Friday, so I can hopefully perk up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pony stuff... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pony stuff...   Pony stuff... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pony stuff...
Page 1 of 1