The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ka-boom!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluescales

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-05-23

ka-boom! Empty
PostSubject: ka-boom!   ka-boom! Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 8:59 pm

><

Last edited by Bluescales on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Number of posts : 11138
Registration date : 2006-10-15

ka-boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka-boom!   ka-boom! Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 9:22 pm

Genius!! This is a really cool idea. I think you've got something marketable here. It sort of reminds me of how nightmare armor went about sovling the heat problem for there halo spartan armor. But you'd have to make some sort of hump in the back of the suit for the pump though. Well maybe not. it depends on the size and build of the pump. And I don't know jack about that.
Back to top Go down
http://lionstigerandligers.editboard.com
Bluescales

ka-boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka-boom!   ka-boom! Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 9:24 pm

Lig wrote:
Genius!! This is a really cool idea. I think you've got something marketable here. It sort of reminds me of how nightmare armor went about sovling the heat problem for there halo spartan armor. But you'd have to make some sort of hump in the back of the suit for the pump though. Well maybe not. it depends on the size and build of the pump. And I don't know jack about that.

I was thinking either put it in the tail, or have it as a little backpack type of thing, it would look a bit like a camel back, maybe even have it so that it's a unit you put in your own backpack, but who knows? And nightmare did the same thing? I hadn't heard about that...
Back to top Go down
Bluescales

ka-boom! Empty
PostSubject: The next part of my scaly little plan..   ka-boom! Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 9:36 pm

Ok, here's the next part of the design. If you've ever done any research on fursuit construction, you have probably noticed how flimsy the head designs are. I have a plausible solution for that as well. Muzzles are often constructed with foam or a really fragile balsa wood understructure (I told you!). The problem that people seem to be running into, is that they don't think industrial, a language my dad has taught me to speak. My father/I have a plasma cutter, and a welder, so it's a little easier for me to make stuff... But my point is that no one ever thinks to simply order the parts needed. I'm thinking make the muzzle out of aluminum. Cut out a flat piece in the right shape, like a texture map in 3D models, then bend it down into a 3D object. It would be very strong and light, as well. Then, the actual face part can be a special silicon rubber that is actually made for modeling human body parts (not the same as the stuff mentioned above, but similar, and it's actually made for direct application to the skin.) It will provide for very good fitting faces, strong muzzles, and the face will even have a nice soft texture. I'm still working out the way I will construct the sides and back of the head, thinking maybe vacuforming or something... Still working on wings and how to actually get in and out of the suit, though I have the seams figured out. The feet are still in experimental stage though. I was thinking a design that looked a little like high heels, to provide the right shape for the foot (like I said, still needs testing and I need to see how it will actually look, though I will probably scrap that part) Diagrams still in development
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

ka-boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka-boom!   ka-boom! Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 10:13 pm

These are really good and well thought out ideas. I've enjoyed reading them. Thought I don't have alot of experience with fabrication I know a lil bit about it. It's nice talking about it on this level. I think putting he pump system in the tail would be a good idea. Put it in the base of the tail. Or if it is small then it can be used to add a small up to the back maybe. Wings... Those are always hard to do. Even big movie productions have a hard time with them. They usually end up as CG elements except for close up shots or shots were the wings are folded.
Back to top Go down
Bluescales

ka-boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka-boom!   ka-boom! Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 10:29 pm

Well it's great having someone to talk to about it, hehe. The wings...their do-able, probably would never put them on my own costume, but there's a lot of people that want those. They just require a little more hands on thinking. And Google. Oh, and one more part, claws and horns. I see people making them out of clay (alright, but still thinking along the lines of things you can buy at the grocery store) I'm thinking just buy the liquid plastic and make a mold for those, that's easy enough. Oh, and by the way, I just looked up the price for the silicon rubber...it will increase the price of these fursuits, were I to sell them. 150 dollars a gallon for the main stuff, the stuff I was talking about for the face is 400...(probably won't use that stuff on the face). So, I'm probably going to use the 150 dollar stuff anyways, but I'm looking for alternatives.
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

ka-boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka-boom!   ka-boom! Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 10:44 pm

Ya know another idea for the claws as in how there worn would be to put them on you hands before putting the hand part of the suit on. The claws then poke through and look more natural.
Back to top Go down
Bluescales

ka-boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka-boom!   ka-boom! Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 1:00 am

Lig wrote:
Ya know another idea for the claws as in how there worn would be to put them on you hands before putting the hand part of the suit on. The claws then poke through and look more natural.

Huh, that's a good idea, I like it. Then they would be a lot stronger and more solid as well, though the only issue would be how do attach them to the finger tips... Some sort of cup shape on the inside, modeled to fit human fingers, perhaps with some sort of temporary adhesive...Anyways, great idea, I like it!
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

ka-boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka-boom!   ka-boom! Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 11:46 am

Yeah. pronbably be a good idea to make the claws out of a hard rubber outside and a soft flexible one inside. This idea works fro critters with any about of fingers. Ya just make the claw bigger. Or the base were your fingers go at least.
Back to top Go down
Bluescales

ka-boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka-boom!   ka-boom! Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 1:06 pm

That's a better idea right there, though another possible problem I thought of is that it would become inconvenient for quick suit removal...and they might loose the claw part...hehe, replacements are money though XD
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

ka-boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka-boom!   ka-boom! Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 1:31 pm

Yeah. Well a solution to that is simply attach them to a thin fabric glove. No claw laws.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ka-boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka-boom!   ka-boom! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ka-boom!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Furr Den :: Social/fun :: Art Place-
Jump to: