The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Danse Macabre...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tonga

Tonga

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Danse Macabre... Empty
PostSubject: Danse Macabre...   Danse Macabre... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 11:17 pm

I just discovered the best classical music EVER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ_w_ZLmqAU

it's called the Danse Macabre or Dance of Death

It's based on the ancient superstition that "Death" appears at midnight every year on Halloween. Death has the power to call forth the dead from their graves to dance for him while he plays his fiddle (represented by a solo violin which has been de-tuned). His skeletons dance for him until the first break of dawn, when they must return to their graves until the next year. The description is kind of emo, but I like it. Tell me what you think ^_^
Back to top Go down
Silverdrake20

Silverdrake20

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2007-06-13

Danse Macabre... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danse Macabre...   Danse Macabre... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:02 am

Very interesting.

To be honest, I'm more into groups like Tristania, who combine aspects of the classical genre in with Metal.

But I do enjoy the classical songs every now and then.

Thank you for posting it.
Back to top Go down
Tonga

Tonga

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Danse Macabre... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danse Macabre...   Danse Macabre... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:17 am

I like that too, my favorite is Apocalyptica, I like the way they can play metal with cellos.
Back to top Go down
Silverdrake20

Silverdrake20

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2007-06-13

Danse Macabre... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danse Macabre...   Danse Macabre... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:26 am

The violin that Sins of thy Beloved can play is unreal. Specifically, the song My Love.
Back to top Go down
{gone}

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Danse Macabre... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danse Macabre...   Danse Macabre... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:20 pm

omg thank you so much! xD. I have loved this song ever since I was 5, and I have heard it periodically ever since. I knew what it was called many many years ago, but forget and have been searching for it ever since. It is like one of my fav classical songs ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Danse Macabre... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danse Macabre...   Danse Macabre... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Danse Macabre...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Furr Den :: Social/fun :: Music Spot-
Jump to: