The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rants galore

Go down 
+5
Lig
Tonga
Maxis
Cuddy Fox
Raikan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Raikan

Raikan

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:25 pm

Hey i just made this so if you like, want toexplain about something or just talk about sopmething thats driving you abosolutely nuts.. I dont want it going allcrazy here I just want to hear..
As for me...
My current Peeve is my computer... Its working just fine but...*big breathe* It will not let me get onto this bloody forum or fox tales times forum right now and its driving me nuts!!!! Im typing this from a school computer for gods sake! Itsjust....annoying is what....
Back to top Go down
Cuddy Fox

Cuddy Fox

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2006-11-30

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 4:33 pm

My pet peeve is my dvd. I have to buy a new player because some of the new dvds are going HD. It drives me nuts that they can not make both HD and regular dvd disk.
Back to top Go down
Maxis

Maxis

Number of posts : 2898
Registration date : 2006-12-30

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 6:08 pm

Ok, heres what I dont get
What in the poker chip tuna fish green boo boo kitty FUCK is up with all these white kids acting like there black? I swear to God if one more white kid comes up to me and calls me "son" I'm gonna deck his ass!!
RAWR!!
Also, I'm sick and tired of kids my age. I mean it. Kids my age, most of them at least, just walk around and act llike they have no flippin sense. I swear, on my bus there is this group of kids that sit there every single day for my HOUR LONG bus ride and they entertain themselves by sticking there heads out the window and yelling at random MIDDLE SCHOOL CHILDREN things like, but not limited to:
"Hey Gul" (wiggernese for "Hey Girl")
"Ey BooBoo!" (In a Yogi Bear impression...its NOT cute"
and last, but definitly not least:
"Titty-sprinkles"
I wish so badly I was kidding...but I'm not

People are so stupid, they need to get some common sense!

*whew*
Ok, I feel better^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/maxymaxis
Tonga

Tonga

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 11:06 pm

My pet peeves, hmm... I hate people who THINK they know what their talking about, but don't and argue their point FOREVER! I hate rap...
Especialy gangster rap that's like...

"Bang dat ho! Bang dat b****! Bangin' in da hood! Cuz we pimps!"
Back to top Go down

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 2:52 am

i dont understand why my GM has parts that are metric
Back to top Go down
Raikan

Raikan

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 12:27 pm

Okay this is going to souund sad but...I could really use some help with my comp.
ITs just i cant get onto this site from home and its distressing..The internet gets connected, its like one of the only sites i cant get to....
Any suggestions folks?
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Number of posts : 11138
Registration date : 2006-10-15

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 4:08 pm

Well you could try clearing your history and resetting your internet settings to default. But I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
http://lionstigerandligers.editboard.com
{gone}

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 5:41 pm

Next time I'm on YIM (I know I'm never on DX, but I'll try) I'll see what I can do about your comp problem. All my friends rely on my as a technician, been usin em since I was 5, and fixin em for a long time also Razz. So I'll try my absoloute best to guide you through your problem. Or send me a PM, but I'll try to be on YIM.. Assuming your YIM still works? >.<
Back to top Go down
Raikan

Raikan

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 12:25 am

Okay ya know i hate to sound like a whiner here folks but i could use some help with a problem i got... i wanna upload avatars but the pics have to be of a certain pixels size and whenever i resize it.... could someone give me some help in reducing pixel size without compromising the image?
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 12:45 am

Well first off how are you going about doing this? Cuz if your using something on your computer or from an image host then the pic will automatically be resized unless you choose "Link to off Site Avatar." Then it won't resize the pic for you.
Back to top Go down
Raikan

Raikan

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 1:21 am

Thats the thing though. Like in Fur Affinity it rejects the images cause they are too big or not the right pixel size... And Here on the furr den when i upload the pic from my comp its too big as well in terms of kb... how do i reduce it?
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 1:42 am

Well you can try saving a diffrent version of it as diffrent file type such as a PNG or JPG. If you can upload it to photobucket or the like Link me to it and I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:52 am

Actually, I have the same problem as Raikan. FA and a few other sites require some minuscule avatar and I can't rescale them properly in any art program I have.
Back to top Go down
Raikan

Raikan

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:58 am

Found out how to fix this thanks to my friend neptune^^ YOu openit with paint, go to view and use sketch/skew to shrink the image down to the proper pixel size.
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:30 pm

Well it's time to revive a good thread. Time for Ligy to blow off some steam.

UrG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FA has been down over a month now. This in itself is very annoying for folks like me that love posting there art there and for those you like looking up babyfur art on there. It was scheduled to come back up on the 25 of last month, then the 28th, then today, now it's scheduled for tomorrow. And well I can understand things not going as for seen but all this getting jerked around is pissing me off!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know of any other site with a comparable amount of current babyfur art and well I'd like to get back up there so I can enjoy the site some before I head off to college and get busy as hell and can't enjoy it. Ug!
Back to top Go down
deltagumon

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:22 pm

Lig wrote:
Well it's time to revive a good thread. Time for Ligy to blow off some steam.

UrG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FA has been down over a month now. This in itself is very annoying for folks like me that love posting there art there and for those you like looking up babyfur art on there. It was scheduled to come back up on the 25 of last month, then the 28th, then today, now it's scheduled for tomorrow. And well I can understand things not going as for seen but all this getting jerked around is pissing me off!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know of any other site with a comparable amount of current babyfur art and well I'd like to get back up there so I can enjoy the site some before I head off to college and get busy as hell and can't enjoy it. Ug!

I think I need to vent on the same topic actually. In fact that idea for a comic I ran by vinicent to see weither or not it seemed like something he would like to do had to do with it.

Its idea number 2 on my idea thread

And now for the rant!

I had forgoten just how desprate I used to be for babyfur art. I didn't know it had a name as a class of art but I would google all sorts of things like pikachu, charmander and I would go through all the neopian times comics to see if there where any pics I could put into paint and babyfi them.

I have been a babyfur for all my life and defenatly since the 6th grade but things really began to heat up around the age of 16. I would be so desprate to cuddle something that I would sit in a corner and concentrat on what my wocky jrberto would look like Irl and I would baby him and all sorts of stuff. As far as I can tell its some sort of fathering/paranting instinct that went hay-wire during the teen years.

For the longest time I havent felt those desprate feelings quite so strongly but now that all of a sudden all I have is here and what ever I can scrounge up on DA its all starting up again! I want to baby stuff like mad! I think if it wasn't for this forum I might have gone into shock do to the sudden shock in loosing my main source for cuteness.
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:26 pm

Yeah I know what you mean. I mean they say there's plenty of other furry sites but they don't have much of any babyfur art on it. Nothing like what FA has. So I can't wait for it to get back up so I can browse the babyfur section again. Hopefully it'll be back up today. Crossing my fingers.
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

Number of posts : 1716
Registration date : 2007-04-22

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:32 pm

I agree! I really, really miss FA! I want it back! Now! Waaaaaah! Smile
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:45 pm

Hmm... at the risk of being unpopular I'm going to rant against those who are whining about FA.

We pay nothing to use FA's services. FA is the largest furry website, and one of the highest volume sites on the internet. The people who run FA make no money by doing so and to the best of my knowledge, all of them have regular jobs in addition to running the site.

FA's outage is due to the staff upgrading the equipment they use to support all of our obsession with furry art. True, the cost of the upgrade is being born by those furries who were willing to donate money to the cause (I'm proud to say I'm one of them). Still, the labor of moving the site's information to the new servers, and bringing the site back up, is donated by the same people who have always given their time to maintain FA. They do it in their free time, in addition to their regular daily jobs. I say we need to be patient. Just deal with it, people. Visit DA, or FAP if you need your furry art fix. Rest assured, FA will be back eventually.
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:08 pm

Yeah I know that stuff already Poco and I'm not saying they should rush. I'm just saying that I will be very glad once the site is back up and the fact that I've been told certain dates it would be up and then have those dates moved back time and again has pissed me off a bit. I understand it can't be helped but I can still complain a bit about it to myself.
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:25 pm

Of course you can. Wink

I wasn't trying to criticize, I was just defending the FA staff.
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:51 pm

Yeah. I've done my share being a bit up set on the FA forum but still defending the staff. Heck Yak stayed up two days straight doing the recoding and I guess all that's left is the message system. If that doesn't show how dedicated the FA staff are I don't know what will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rants galore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants galore   Rants galore Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rants galore
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Furr Den :: Random-
Jump to: