The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This is creepy

Go down 
+2
Lig
Poco
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Poco

Poco

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-03-11

This is creepy Empty
PostSubject: This is creepy   This is creepy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:41 pm

Apparently PETA's put out an award for anyone who can grow meat in a lab, using stem cells. Scientists can already grow organs for transplant this way, but the idea here is to grow animal flesh for consumption without actually involving a live animal in any way.
http://www.slate.com/id/2189676/

I'm not sure I'd eat this...
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Number of posts : 11138
Registration date : 2006-10-15

This is creepy Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is creepy   This is creepy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 10:11 pm

It's kinda odd but I don't know. I mean why not eat the animal. As long as it was killed quick and humanely. I could never be one of those vegetarians. I love my meat too much. hehehehe. Go meat!!
Back to top Go down
http://lionstigerandligers.editboard.com
deltagumon

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-04-11

This is creepy Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is creepy   This is creepy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 10:27 pm

I call them "people for the emotional treatment of animals" myself
ethics is the meeting between what makes bussiness sence and what is right or wrong.
they just do the emotional part

If I acted on my emotions alone I would probebly stab one of them just because they annoy me.
But I don't cause I know that aint right nor does it solve anything, thats where the brain kicks in.

As for the "meat stuff" I'd like to see them grow it in those grass huts they so often want people to live in. Rather than using the labs of "the evil rich folk" they hate so much.
I love animals and I hate when they are killed needlessly or crully but I also do not like PETA
Back to top Go down
kaiskune
Admin
kaiskune

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2006-10-24

This is creepy Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is creepy   This is creepy Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:05 am

"ladies and gentle men i give you the first ever t-bone steak grown in a lab" *points at a pile of black shite on a plate*

they're all eco terrorists to me, they are hipocrits and most of them ive met smell like they havent had a bath in decades (i had the pleasure shame of having to wait-on during one of their meeting)

they remind me of a web comic where disney has become a religion, while some follow the 'do to others what you would like done to you' ideals, the rest follow a 'we should all live in the forest naked like bambi' technophobic philosophy
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kaiskune/
FFF

FFF

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2007-05-28

This is creepy Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is creepy   This is creepy Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 11:09 am

You mean "21st Century Fox?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/furryfurryfurry/
Envy

Envy

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-12-20

This is creepy Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is creepy   This is creepy Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:17 pm

Aah yes, I believe I read about lab-grown meat previously. It has a vastly different texture and flavour than regular meat, is more space efficient and so forth. I wouldn't mind trying some, myself, I'd probably like it better than the majority of meats. Mainly because I don't like meat....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This is creepy Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is creepy   This is creepy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is creepy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Furr Den :: Random-
Jump to: