The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Computer Jealousy and Furry literature

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FFF

FFF

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2007-05-28

Computer Jealousy and Furry literature Empty
PostSubject: Computer Jealousy and Furry literature   Computer Jealousy and Furry literature Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 11:33 pm

Okay, so it's been a few days since I've been around. Hope you guys didn't miss me too much (just kidding).

Anyways, I never thought I'd end up doing this, but here's a thread about a bit of my personal life. So here goes.

A few days ago, when I said I've have a few things to deal with, well, I was actually buying a new computer. For the last while, I had been "borrowing" my dad's laptop. Of course, I used it so often, it almost became mine. Now here's the thing. I got my desktop a few days, and now I've set it up. I've been installing all my software and hardware, testing for bugs and defects, finding none so far. Now here's the thing. The trusty laptop that I had been using all this while, suddenly decided to crash on me today.

Now when I say "crash" I think the term "die" would be more appropriate. It really isn't an old laptop, maybe three years, running Windows XP and on an Intel Core Duo processor, so it's pretty recent. Yet suddenly, all my software started crashing, and after insisting on restarting a few times, it suddenly wouldn't boot up anymore. At first, it said that Windows could not load because, if I remember the line it gave me said :"Windows\system32\config\system" was either missing or corrupted. To those of you who know a bit of what this means, it more or less meant I had lost my operating system. Now if this wasn't bad enough, HP laptops didn't come with setup disks. So instead of booting off a CD drive, I had to go on a wild goose chase on the Internet to find that to access the recovery partition on the hard drive, you had to press F11.

Was that the end of my troubles, nope. I recovered twice, once system files only, the next, "destructive recovery" where my computer should be set to exactly how it was when my dad bought it. Good news: no one had any crucial important files on it. Bad news: the recovery didn't work. XD So I found the box, and found a set of 3 recovery disks we created ourselves, I used them and still find myself with a laptop that is but an empty shell of the machine it used to be (it still doesn't work). Most likely, we'll have to reinstall the operating system, problem being, I never done it without the presence of the previous operating system. I've done upgrades, but not clean installations. Hopefully you just pop the CD/DVD in and let it run.

So why did I say all this? Well, for those of you tech savvy people out there, any tips? And the philosophers, can a laptop really be jealous of a new desktop computer coming into town? Especially, after I transferred a long download job from it to the new desktop, job I said I would probably need the laptop around for a little while more until is completed?

Actually, I'm just saying it's a funny turn of events.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/furryfurryfurry/
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: Computer Jealousy and Furry literature   Computer Jealousy and Furry literature Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 2:38 pm

Oh, there was something else I was going to put in here and forgot to remove it from the title after I removed it from the post. whoops ^^

As for computers being unable to learn or don't have enough personality, I say: not yet. Besides, that thing about jealousy was sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: Computer Jealousy and Furry literature   Computer Jealousy and Furry literature Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:38 pm

Well, it was just kind of funny because it crashed after I transferred the job to the new computer. So it was a interesting way for things to happen. Anyways, now I'll have to fix it. -_-
Back to top Go down
deltagumon

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Computer Jealousy and Furry literature   Computer Jealousy and Furry literature Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 4:52 pm

what about the fact that you now have a computer and the entire FA has gone down Laughing and hard core too

I still wonder why your computer just snaped all of a sudden like that with no warning
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Computer Jealousy and Furry literature   Computer Jealousy and Furry literature Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Computer Jealousy and Furry literature
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Furr Den :: Help :: Q&A forum-
Jump to: