The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Freaky or normal?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Freaky or normal? Empty
PostSubject: Freaky or normal?   Freaky or normal? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:26 pm

Maybe this should be put in the Social sector, but it's a question anyways.
This morning, I was in the bus on my way to university. Even though I was a little absentminded, I suddenly felt like I had claws on my hands and even a tail. I've had the illusionary feeling of having a tail before, but this time, the feeling was much stronger.
The question is: Is having such feelings/illusions normal when you're in the fandom, or am I just plain crazy? P.S.: I'm only in the fandom since May of this year, so it might be a part of the integraton process...
Back to top Go down
Cuddy Fox

Cuddy Fox

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2006-11-30

Freaky or normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky or normal?   Freaky or normal? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:09 pm

It is totally normal. You just placing the furry side of you in your heart.
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Number of posts : 11138
Registration date : 2006-10-15

Freaky or normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky or normal?   Freaky or normal? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Yah know I've had similar things like that with myself only not a tail but....wings. Really sometimes It just feels like I have a set attached to my shoulder blades. Random thing so go figure.
Back to top Go down
http://lionstigerandligers.editboard.com

Freaky or normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky or normal?   Freaky or normal? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:34 pm

Well, I've had that with wings as well. I've written a story once in which the main character had wings. He was a bit of my alter ego back then, so I sometimes felt his wings as well. Isn't it strange that the human mind can imagine such strong wishes?
Back to top Go down
deltagumon

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Freaky or normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky or normal?   Freaky or normal? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:56 pm

I actually remember a string in the christian forum that addressed
PRECIESLY the same thing.

essentually it works on the same wave leangth as phantom limbs,
when a person losses a part of their body but still feel the preasants due to the fact that the corrasponding parto of the brain responsable for controling that part of the body is still intact.

Only diffrence is that we don't have these parts to begin with, but the brain still has pleanty of extra (thats a loose term but its complicated) brian cells that can designate themselves for parts we believe we have even if they're not really there
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Number of posts : 11138
Registration date : 2006-10-15

Freaky or normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky or normal?   Freaky or normal? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:13 pm

Good point there Delta. The human brain is a complex thing well it's certainly possible. I'll also put forth a less scientific idea. I know mr. evolution boy putting forth something with no evidence to back it up. Well it's just my own lil fanciful idea.

Anyway here's my idea. If there is such a thing as reincarnation and it seems to be a common trend among several religions. Perhaps we feel these limbs as hold overs from a previous life. Perhaps a part of us remembers having said limbs before. I mean think about all the stars in the sky and all the creatures which lived or may have lived here on earth over the immense gulf of time. There's all sorts of body plans. Well that's just of course my own fanciful idea. No way to prove it but it's a nice lil thought or idea.
Back to top Go down
http://lionstigerandligers.editboard.com
Riolu

Riolu

Number of posts : 1610
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Freaky or normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky or normal?   Freaky or normal? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:59 pm

I've been having something similar lately. If anyone's read the Lost Years of Merlin, they might remember the Fincayrans having a stiff spot between the shoulder blades and I've been doign the exact same thing to relieve the pressure. Flexing them back and forth as if to flap any wings I might or might not have.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/riolucariolu/

Freaky or normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky or normal?   Freaky or normal? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:54 am

Maybe you'll sprout heavenly wings one day, Riolu.
Back to top Go down
Riolu

Riolu

Freaky or normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky or normal?   Freaky or normal? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:29 am

Oh I hope so. Flying on your own wings looks like fun! Maybe I'll even sprout fur and a nice hefty rudder. Maybe that's asking too much after the wings but still that would be nice. I'd settle for scales, claws and leathery wings though if it doesn't invole hooves and horns (dragon is target not a demon).
Back to top Go down

Freaky or normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky or normal?   Freaky or normal? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:32 am

I kind of figured out you were heading towards the dragon, brother. The combination you+demon=bad. BTW, I've heard the stereotype of horned demons, but I've never heard they had hooves. Does that mean I should read Revelations a little closer?
Back to top Go down
Riolu

Riolu

Freaky or normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky or normal?   Freaky or normal? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:36 am

Not really. I've just heard that descriptor in certain places. The MYTH books by Robert Asprin for example.
Back to top Go down

Freaky or normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky or normal?   Freaky or normal? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:37 am

Oh, right. Anyway, thank you all for answering my question. Glad I'm not that weird after all.
Back to top Go down
Riolu

Riolu

Freaky or normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky or normal?   Freaky or normal? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:41 am

No problem. I had the same feeling at work about an hour ago. Granted it was because I sneezed and nearly threw my back out (still not fully healed from my accident). But I felt it spread down past my tail bone and past my feet even. Maybe what we feel is our souls and our chosen shape of them? If the souls reflect us then mine would look like an otter furry (likely with wings).
Back to top Go down

Freaky or normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky or normal?   Freaky or normal? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:42 am

Could you define 'accident' and 'spread' here?
Back to top Go down
Riolu

Riolu

Freaky or normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky or normal?   Freaky or normal? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:03 am

I hurt my back lifting at work awhile ago and still haven't fully recovered (although am doing better).

When I said spread I actually meant I felt the pain shoot through my spinal collumn down that far.
Back to top Go down

Freaky or normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky or normal?   Freaky or normal? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:05 am

I'll pray for your recovery, brother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Freaky or normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaky or normal?   Freaky or normal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freaky or normal?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Furr Den :: Help :: Q&A forum-
Jump to: