The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A trio of babysitters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Riolu

Riolu

Number of posts : 1610
Registration date : 2009-03-03

A trio of babysitters Empty
PostSubject: A trio of babysitters   A trio of babysitters Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:40 pm

Well, finally got started on a little request story for our new little buddy Shade Koopa. He's such a cutie he deserves at least one story with him in it ^^ Anyways, here's the start of one of hopefully many stories that get written about him!

Selanine turned around and smiled at her latest charge when his caretaker had left. “So what do you think we should do first cutie? We’ve got all night ahead of us for fun.”

A koopa boy without a shell blushed at being called cute. The little guy looked to be about four but it was explained to Selanine that he was actually six years old. Aside from his blue head, the rest of him was the standard color for a koopaling. Currently, the child was wearing a spiked collar, a black t-shirt with white sleeves and a blue and white yin-yang symbol on it with a pair of shorts to match. Selanine could tell that underneath it was a diaper just by looking.

“I’m not cute ma’am…” he said. “B-but… could we maybe play video games?”

“I’ll have to disagree with you on the cute part Shade but I’d love to play video games with you.” Selanine giggled, picking up the koopa boy into her arms and tickling his belly lightly.

Shade blushed deeper and began giggling and squirming when Selanine started tickling. The Ninetales-gone-anthro had strong arms for somebody who usually only used her tails to lift things. Selanine had used a power of hers to go anthro for her babysitting job and was currently wearing a black dress with a silver crescent moon emblazoned across her shoulders, upon her back, and with a few stars dotted every here and there. Selanine smiled and stopped tickling Shade long enough to get them into the living room where a Wii was set up. She dug through some of the games and smiled when she saw the New Mario Bros game. She whispered a few words under her breath and a tiny flash of light later had the game looking decidedly different.

“Let’s play this one!” Selanine said, popping the disk in. Shade picked up a Wiimote as did Selanine and his eyes widened when the titled popped up as New Koopa Bros.

“What game is this?” Shade asked curiously. “I don’t even recognize it.”

“I used a little magic to change the game to something a bit more fun.” Selanine answered. “It’s New Mario Bros but with the roles in the game reversed. We play as koopas instead of Mario and the gang.”

Last edited by Riolu on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/riolucariolu/
Shade_Koopa

Shade_Koopa

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: A trio of babysitters   A trio of babysitters Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 12:40 am

aww, thanks; i really like how you started out. ^^
Back to top Go down
Riolu

Riolu

PostSubject: Re: A trio of babysitters   A trio of babysitters Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:23 am

Glad you like it! I'll get to work on it more when I get off my weekend.
Back to top Go down
Riolu

Riolu

PostSubject: Re: A trio of babysitters   A trio of babysitters Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:08 am

A couple recent journals on FA inspired me to get started back on this story again so here you all go guys! Decided to change the title while I was at it since it didn't quite fit anymore.

Shade’s eyes widened a bit more when Selanine mentioned magic. “You know magic?” he asked curiously excited.

“Mostly illusions like this one.” Selanine admitted as the game started up. “But I know a few other tricks too.”

“I can do magic too!” Shade said. “Wanna see?”

“Sure sweetie. Show me what’cha got!” Selanine said with a grin.

Shade focused and slowly held out a hand to one side. A crackling ball of energy started to form there and soon began sparking with power. Selanine smiled and reached out a few tails to envelop and absorb the trick Shade was producing. With a bit of surprise, she felt the koopa boy had a considerable amount of power gathered there. Shade looked at his hand to see the energy ball was gone and up at Selanine. He broke into a fit of giggles and Selanine cocked her head questioningly to one side. “What’s so funny sweetie?” Shade pointed up above her head and Selanine glanced up. She didn’t need a mirror to know the fur on her head was sticking up wildly. She chuckled too and gave Shade a lick (causing him to blush profusely). “That was an impressive bit of power there sweetie. Shall we get to playing our game now?” Shade nodded happily and sat down with a controller, Selanine doing the same as they began playing…

Meanwhile, Skippa was arriving at the Weather’s house. Knocking on the door, he smiled when he heard an excited scurrying on the other side. The door opened and Skippa smiled at the sight of a young liger in a red t-shirt and a diaper taped snuggly about his waist. “Heya Lig!” Skip laughed, grinning as he caught the excited liger when he pounced up into a hug. “Warren already gone?”

“Yup! He left just a couple minutes ago.” Lig answered. “He left a note for you on the kitchen table. He said it’ll have a few tips for you tonight.”

“I think we’ll be fine on our own but I’ll take a look at it just in case.” Skip chuckled, padding inside and using his rudder to close the door behind him with a casual flick. “So, we both know I’ll be watching you all night tonight, only question remains is what we should do with ourselves in the meantime. Any ideas kiddo?”

“Well the old Star Wars trilogy starts in a couple hours.” Lig answered, squirming a bit in Skip’s grasp. “I really wanted to watch that, but it runs kinda late.”

“We’ll watch as much of it as we can then.” Skippa chuckled, letting the liger down now. He smiled when Lig scurried into the living room so he took the opportunity to sneak into the kitchen real quick and grab the note, reading it as he followed after Lig.

Thanks again for taking care of Lig today. There shouldn't really be much trouble for you tonight. Can't say their won't be any trouble though. That's cubs for ya. You never know what will happen. But in any event here's some advice to keep things running smoothly.

Lig can make friends pretty easy. But his favorite topic is science fiction. Seriously Lig knows a few phrases in a couple of scifi languages. Just start in on something relating to that and you should be well on your way. Don't worry if you don't know much about it. Lig will more then happily explain it to you. Just sit back and listen.

Now onto the obvious. Lig is still in diapers. He's incontinent so toilet training is pretty much out of the question for him. Best not to even mention the possibility of it or suggest that he should. Lig loves his diapers a lot. Suggesting toilet training will probably get you a tantrum. Anyway diapers are located in the changing table in Lig's room and in the living room storage bin along with wipes, powder, and a changing mat. Now Lig usually won't realize when he's gone until a while after the fact and generally won't go out of his way to find you to ask for a change so it's best to check him now and then. Though if he's messy I'm sure your nose will tell you straight off. Oh and there's also a stocked diaper bag in the closet next tot he front door.

There's a park just down the road from here. So if the weather is looking good feel free to take him there. Just remember to bring along the diaper bag. Odds are Lig will probably run into some of his friends there so that'll be easy. Just sit back and watch from the bench. Oh and on the subject of dressing him before you go out somewhere. Lig generally doesn't mind letting his diapers show. Around here that's pretty common. So around the house and at the park an uncovered diaper is just fine. If you wanna go into town for lunch or something May be best to put on some shorts or maybe one of Lig's Onesies. He's also got a few Kilts now too that he's taken a shining to. Just don't call it a dress. You may get a bit of a shouting match.

Nap time should be a breeze. Lig's generally a drowsy after lunch. He may be reluctant though so just gently insist. Maybe mention that even heroes need to recharge their batteries. Just have Blushy, that's his plush Liger, and a pacifier ready Just tuck him in with those and he'll probably nod off before ya know it. Oh and he doesn't always need to nap in his room. If he's drowsy on the couch just bring him a paci and Bushy and he'll drift off on his own no problem.

When it comes to food Lig's not too picky so you can make anything. Or if you won't want to there's some money and numbers left for you to order out for you guys. Be prepared for one very messy diaper though if you order from the Taco Hut. Don't give Lig more then one can of Soda though. It'll go right through him and can get him a little hyper. He can also be a little messy. Bibs are in the drawer next to the kitchen sink. Just ask him which one he wants.

Bathtime shouldn't be any trouble either. Lig loves a nice warm bath. Especially with bubbles. There's some bath toys under the sink for him to play with during bathtime. I recommend you have bathtime before bedtime. It's a good way to settle Lig down a bit and let him relax and get a lil drowsy.

Lig's Usual bedtime is around eight o'clock but you can push that back to nine if there's something Lig wants to finish watching. Odds are he'll be nearly asleep by the end anyway which is what you want. The diapers on the right hand stack in his changing table are the night time ones. As far as PJs go that depends on the weather. If it's warm out just a diaper is alright. If it's a little cooler then look in his dresser, middle drawer. He'll have some Sleepers, Onesies and night shirts in there. Go with whatever you think is best. Just let Lig pick which one specifically. Also make sure you have the following items for bedtime. Bushy, Lig usually can't sleep at night without him, a paci, and a night time bottle. The bottles are on the first shelf in the cabinet to the right of the sink. A bottle at bedtime will help Lig fall asleep. Lig might want a story at bedtime too. There's a bookshelf with some bedtime books in his room you can read to him. He should sleep through the night. Usually when he finally nods off at night he's out like a light. Only thing that might wake him up is a nightmare. Those are pretty rare though. If he does have one though may be a good idea to stay with him until he falls alseep again. Oh and don't forget to turn his nightlight on.

That's about it. I don't think there's anything more. My cellphone number is on the fridge along with the emergency numbers, and the take out numbers. Feel free to call for anything. I don't mind. Lig might wanna call around bedtime to say good night too. Again no problem. At any rate help yourself to the fridge and the TV. We've got a bunch of movies so if you wanna pop in one of those go right ahead.

Sincerely,

Warren Weather

“Hmmm… looks like Warren says you can stay up to watch the full trilogy Lig.” Skip said, stepping in to see Lig prepping the TV to switch to the trilogy when it started. Skippa smiled when he noticed it was the first movies made (Episodes IV-VI). “Apparently he says you have a habit of falling asleep right after the movies anyways if you stay up late. Plus it’s a Friday anyways.”

Lig giggled at the way Skippa had said that and nodded happily. The liger scurried back up onto the couch and settled down to look through the TV guide for something else to watch while they waited. Skip sat down beside him and spotted there was a sketch pad on the coffee table in front of them. Picking it up, Skip chuckled seeing what was drawn there. “You draw this Lig?” Skip asked.

“Yep.” Lig answered with a grin. “Just a little something I’ve dreamed about every now and again.”

Skippa smiled and took a closer look at the sketch of the liger in the pick. It was definitely Lig (as if the diaper didn’t display that prominently enough), but what had Skip’s attention was the weird looking shirt Lig was wearing. “Whatcha wearing in the pic there Lig?” Skip asked. “Looks kinda like a diaper if it were worn there.”

“That’s cause it is.” Lig giggled. “It’s diapee armor. I dreamt about it once and thought it was a pretty cool idea. Just wish I could get a real set of it made.”

Skippa smiled and looked back at the picture again. A thoughtful look crossed his mind after a minute and he triumphantly snapped his fingers moments later. “I think I know just the place to get a set from actually!”

“You do?” Lig asked excitedly.

“As a matter of fact I’m almost one-hundred percent certain that a shop in the Star City mall either sells something like this or can make it for us!” Skippa said excitedly. “Know what? How’s about we go up there now? We can get there and back down here to show it off at the park for a bit before we call for pizza and settle down to watch Star Wars?”

“Okay!” Lig excitedly hopped off of the couch and ran for the door for a minute before stopping and looking back at Skippa. “Two questions. One, will we be able to fly up there for a bit? Zoe said last time I was up there I’d have wings every time I went up to the Star Region. And two, how are we gonna get there anyway?”

Skippa pat his lap with a smile as he fumbled for a pendant tucked beneath his shirt. “This little trinket here lets me go up there at will with passengers.” He explaine. Lig scampered up onto his lap as Skip closed his eyes and focused. “And I think we can fly for a little bit when we get up there. Sounds like fun to me.” Lig smiled and suddenly remembered something and slung off his shirt before Skippa opened his eyes. Lig saw them shining with a white light before with a flash, the duo disappeared…
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Number of posts : 11138
Registration date : 2006-10-15

PostSubject: Re: A trio of babysitters   A trio of babysitters Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:30 pm

Woot!! Great stuff Riolu. Love it. ^^ hehe. Always nice to see your stories. I really do need to get into the habit of writing more short stories like these.
Back to top Go down
http://lionstigerandligers.editboard.com
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

Number of posts : 1716
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: A trio of babysitters   A trio of babysitters Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:43 pm

Yay, babysitting fun! Heehee, Skip is the most fun sitter any cub could want! ^.^
Back to top Go down
Riolu

Riolu

PostSubject: Re: A trio of babysitters   A trio of babysitters Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:42 pm

Heheh, thanks guys! ^^ Glad you're enjoying it so far. Not finished up yet so definitely expect more. Skippa definitely is the funnest babysitter of Nate's extensive family but you gotta be careful about who he babysits. He might forget that rule on not mentioning diapers around you Zee-Zee X3
Back to top Go down
Shade_Koopa

Shade_Koopa

PostSubject: Re: A trio of babysitters   A trio of babysitters Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:31 pm

hehe, nice; Skippa seems to be pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
Raikan

Raikan

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: A trio of babysitters   A trio of babysitters Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:12 pm

Hehe Cant wait to see who the Third babysitter is. Anyway Its really cute Ri^^
Back to top Go down
Riolu

Riolu

PostSubject: Re: A trio of babysitters   A trio of babysitters Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:14 pm

Heheh, thanks Uncle Rai! ^^ Won't have to wait too long then. Here's a short update for you all.

Zoe smiled as she waved good-bye with Zee-Zee to Zed and Zena. Zena was off for another check-up to see how the baby was doing so when they asked for her to babysit she was all too happy to do so… okay, so she asked them if she could babysit (they had been thinking about asking their neighbor Raikan instead). She was growing rather fond of Zee-Zee and was having trouble deciding who felt more like a sibling to her, him or Zena. Grinning down at the squirrel still watching his parents drive off, she ruffled his headfur fondly. “So we’ve got the whole afternoon and evening ahead of us Zee-Zee. Anything in particular you wanna do?”

“Mommy said maybe you could take me to the park!” Zee-Zee answered excitedly. “Can we Zoe?”

“Hmmm… I think we can in a bit.” Zoe said in agreement. “I gotta find this note your daddy left for me though. He tried to tell me a few things but he was talking a little too fast since he was in a hurry. All I got out of him was he left a note.”

“I’ll go get it!” Zee-Zee said, scurrying inside. Zoe chuckled and walked in after him, shutting the door with her tail behind her. Zee-Zee came back moments later holding a piece of paper up to her excitedly. Zoe smiled and scanned the text.

Thanks for taking care of Zee-Zee for the afternoon. He won't cause you any trouble, I'm sure... well, not too much trouble, anyway, although you know what two-year-olds can be like. Just a thing or two to bear in mind to make things easier for everyone:

The best way to become Zee-Zee's best friend forever is to admire whatever he's doing and tell him he's clever and/or a big boy. He likes to do everything himself, so it's probably best to avoid trying to help him with clothes, food, potty etc until he asks you to, otherwise you might find yourself with a tantrum on your hands.

He's potty-training, and sometimes he'll remember to go by himself, sometimes he might need a gentle reminder if you see him wriggling (although if you do, he might refuse to go just as a matter of principle). He might prefer to use his little plastic potty (it was in the bathroom last I saw, but he likes to carry it around the house so it's convenient to wherever he's playing) or else demonstrate that he can use the grown-up toilet all by himself (he needs help with wiping and sometimes with getting his shorts/pull-up pulled back up). Spare pull-ups are in the bottom cupboard in the bathroom, if needed, along with wipes and baby powder. Don't mention diapers under any circumstances!

If the weather's nice, a trip to the park down the road would be fun. He loves the swings as long as you don't push too hard, and the big kids' slide if he's feeling brave (be prepared to come to the rescue if he gets to the top and doesn't want to slide down after all), and loves to climb trees without any fear of heights at all (that'll be the squirrel instincts at work). Don't let him climb above your head height, just in case, although he doesn't usually fall.

He'll generally refuse to take a nap, although if he's been running around all day he'll generally fall asleep around mid-afternoon anyway. Make sure Tommy the teddy is nearby, because if Zee-Zee starts to feel sleepy, cuddling Tommy tends to make him drop off instead of trying to stay awake.

He'll eat anything, but don't let him have more than two cookies at a time (whatever he says, because he's turning into a little trickster), because it upsets his tummy. He's an unbelievably messy eater, so make sure he's wearing his bib and be ready to clean up his paws and face afterwards.

He loves bathtime, as long as there are bubbles and plentiful toys, but just bear in mind that he will inevitably splash water all over the bathroom and possibly the rest of the house too - his latest game is escaping and running around naked until he's caught, so be alert! Make sure he cleans his teeth, too, although he tends to volunteer to do it just to show how clever he is, so you shouldn't have any trouble there.

Bedtime is seven o'clock, or a bit later if he's still awake and bouncing around. Pyjamas and night-time pull-ups are in the bedroom, don't pay any attention if he says he doesn't need the protection, just make sure he tries to use the potty before bed, and put it under the bed in case it's needed. He's a very sound sleeper and can be relied on to sleep all through the night, barring earthquakes or nightmares (not often, but a cuddle will help if he does have a scary dream). A song or a story, plus Tommy to cuddle and a sippy of milk, will get him off to sleep quickly and easily.

Our numbers are by the phone, feel free to call any time, any reason, even if it's just a little squirrel who wants to talk to Mommy and Daddy. Help yourself to anything from the fridge, and have fun!

Cheers,

Zed Squirrel

“Hmmmm… according to this note Zee-Zee, it’s Tommy’s naptime and he can’t get to sleep without a squirrel to cuddle with.” Zoe said, glancing around and smiling as she looked for Zee-Zee’s teddy bear.

Zee-Zee almost went to find his bear but stopped and turned around to look at Zoe with a suspicious glare. “You’re not just fibbing and trying to get me to take a nap are you Zoe?” he asked.

“Heheh, pretty clever of you to catch that so soon Zee-Zee.” Zoe giggled. “You caught me, the note really doesn’t say that but I thought I’d put it nicely that it’s really your naptime sweetie. But I’ll make you a deal instead if you like.”

Zee-Zee thought about it for a bit. Part of him was suspicious of Zoe still for trying to trick him but he couldn’t help but grin at how she’d called him clever for figuring it out. He could catch her if she tried to trick him again right? Giggling, Zee-Zee nodded and said, “Okay! What’s the deal?”

“We’ll pretend it’s Tommy’s naptime anyways.” Zoe said. “Just lay down with him for a while and I’ll tell your parents when they get home you tried to take a nap like a good boy but while you couldn’t sleep, you were quiet and resting. In other words, just lay down and be still for… thrity minutes I think, and we’ll go right to the park. I’ll even turn on the TV and let you watch on the couch while you rest. This way you won’t be tuckered out by the time you get to the park anyways.”

“Hmmmmm….” Zee-Zee put on his thinking face at this. Sounded like Zoe was trying to trick him again for a bit but she didn’t towards the end. Sitting still for thirty minutes? He remembered that was about as long as one cartoon according to mommy and daddy. He could do that! Plus he got to get out of actually taking a nap! He’d only pretend to take one and she’d tell mommy and daddy he tried! It wasn’t his fault if he couldn’t fall asleep after all. “Okay! I’ll go get Tommy then! He’s already in the living room!”

Zoe smiled and followed Zee-Zee over to see his diapered teddy was already on the couch, where the giggling young squirrel jumped up and pounced his favorite bear. Zoe smiled when she saw a stuffed Pachirisu on the floor, so she plucked it up and set it next to Zee-Zee as well. “I see you’ve been taking care of that plushy Skippa gave you a while ago.” Zoe commented as she pulled a blanket that was draped across the couch onto the trio below. “He’ll be happy to hear that I think.” She added as she tucked Zee-Zee in as much as she could with his plushies.

“Yeah, but why are you tucking me in?” he asked, squirming a bit.

Zoe just tucked him in a bit more firmly with a smile and answered, “So we can pretend it’s their naptime better.” When Zee-Zee stilled she moved to a rocker and pulled a sewing project she had out of her bag she’d brought with her. “If we’re gonna pretend to nap, we better do a good job right?”

“Yeah… sounds right.” Zee-Zee said. He smiled when Zoe turned on the TV and watched when she turned on a nature documentary. A little boring but he supposed anything too exciting would make his plushies too excited to take a nap. Zoe began humming a little tune to herself so Zee-Zee turned to see her sewing some kind of cape or something. “Whatcha making?” Zee-Zee asked.

“Nate doesn’t really like raincoats much.” Zoe explained. “Skippa doesn’t either for that matter but I can’t have them coming inside dripping every time it rains. They do that often enough when it’s warm after swimming. So I’m doing something clever and making something he absolutely can’t resist. It’s a cloak made of water-proof fabrics. He wears this outside it should keep him from getting so wet in the rain. Of course, knowing him he’d probably go out into the backyard in just his diaper anyways just so he can get soaked.”

“Heheh, Nate’s silly.” Zee-Zee chuckled with a fond grin. He smiled when Zoe began humming again. For some reason the tune was making him feel very warm and comfy… kinda like when momma held him in a tight snuggle…

Zoe smiled as he little lullaby did the trick. Combined with some of the nature sounds coming from the TV, it had the squirrel taking a cat-nap in seconds. She kept humming and sewing, glancing at the clock every now and again to make sure she didn’t make Zee-Zee take any longer a nap than she’d promised. He might thank her for the good dreams when he woke up but he’d be bound to be unhappy about taking a nap period, any longer would ruin the good mood he’d doubtless wake up in…

“Wow! You’re good ma’am.” Shade complimented. The first entire world, Selanine’s red koopa hadn’t been hit once. She’d even kept Shade’s blue koopa from dying once or twice. As a result of the effective teamwork of the two, neither had died the entire time they’d been playing.

“Thanks sweetie. You’re not so bad at this game yourself.” Selanine complimented back. “I only had to help you on the castle and fort stages once each. That was actually pretty fun carrying you a couple times. Matter of fact…” Selanine giggled as they saved and exited the game, looking at the koopa boy with a mischevious grin. “I bet it’d be even more fun to carry you for real!”

Shade blushed and giggled a bit when Selanine scooped him up with her tails and shifted to her feral forme. Setting him on her back she scurried around the room a bit. Shade nervously clung to her for a bit before a sense of security washed over him and he began to enjoy the small ride the pokemon was giving him.
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

Number of posts : 1716
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: A trio of babysitters   A trio of babysitters Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:57 pm

Heehee, Zoe is a very clever babysitter! She might even be a match for a clever big squirrel! ^.^
Back to top Go down
Riolu

Riolu

PostSubject: Re: A trio of babysitters   A trio of babysitters Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:25 pm

Heheh, when you live with Ri and all his mischief and even Nate somtimes, you learn a few tricks of your own to handle just about any cub out there ^^
Back to top Go down
Shade_Koopa

Shade_Koopa

PostSubject: Re: A trio of babysitters   A trio of babysitters Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 5:36 am

hehe, nice; can't wait for more ^^
Back to top Go down
Raikan

Raikan

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: A trio of babysitters   A trio of babysitters Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 3:31 pm

One good thing about being an Adult. You can be sneaky and persuasive with the cubs^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A trio of babysitters   A trio of babysitters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A trio of babysitters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Furr Den :: Social/fun :: Stories-
Jump to: