The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cartoon Rant thread.

Go down 
+10
Envy
Neptune_Orca
{gone}
FFF
Poco
Lil Eevee
Cuddy Fox
Zee-Zee
Tonga
Lig
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Number of posts : 11138
Registration date : 2006-10-15

Cartoon Rant thread. Empty
PostSubject: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 1:00 am

Well I was thinking about a lot of old cartoons I liked so I decided to make this thread to talk about just about any cartoon ya want here. I was thinking about a lot of classic stuff like Hey Arnold, Ren and Stimpy(one of my favs), Rocko's Modern Life and a few other nick ones. Those were all some great cartoons in there day and well you just don't get goods stuff like that anymore. American animation has kinda floundered since the 90's in my opinion. But anyway what's your all fav cartoons? What do ya think about modern ones? Well say anything ya like here.
Back to top Go down
http://lionstigerandligers.editboard.com
Tonga

Tonga

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 1:51 am

I remember when they used to show looney-toons, good times, good times... I would the only good modern cartoon now is 'Fairly Odd Parents' quite frankly I'm surprised shows like 'Billy & Mandy' haven't been taken off the air Oxo
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

Number of posts : 1716
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 5:41 am

Apart from Fairly Odd Parents, there are other good modern cartoons out there - Ben 10, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends and Robotboy are all excellent.

But I grew up in the 80s, so for me, cartoons reached their peak with Thundercats, He-Man, Transformers and MASK. Smile They really don't make them like that any more.
Back to top Go down
Cuddy Fox

Cuddy Fox

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2006-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 9:38 am

I always like 2 anime toons, pokemon and digimon, but my very favorite cartoons was in the '80s. The toons of Transformers, GI Joe, My Little Pony, The Ghostbusters, and The Smurfs.
Back to top Go down
Lil Eevee

Lil Eevee

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 4:27 pm

Did anyone mention Street Sharks??? Bo Yeah! Such a random great show.
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 4:47 pm

I agree wholeheartedly on The Smurfs and Rocko's Modern Life. Did anyone else watch Ducktales? I loved that show!
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 4:58 pm

Ooh, yeah, I loved Duck Tales!
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2007-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:01 pm

Ducktales was an awesome show. I have the first few episodes on a DVD set. Now to find a place the other DVD set.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/furryfurryfurry/
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:22 pm

How about favourite preschool cartoons? I love Baby Looney Tunes, naturally enough, and I also adore Maggie And The Ferocious Beast.
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:55 pm

I never saw either of those. Did you ever see Muppet Babies or Dragon Tails?
Back to top Go down
{gone}

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:07 pm

Zee-Zee wrote:
How about favourite preschool cartoons? I love Baby Looney Tunes, naturally enough, and I also adore Maggie And The Ferocious Beast.

Omg I loved those x3, especially Maggie and the Ferocious Beat. I used to watch that like ever day.

Ohh, and I seen Muppet Babies and Dragon Tails, I never really saw much Muppet Babies so I can't really say anything, but I didn't really like Dragon Tails at all X_X.
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:23 pm

Yeah, I never really liked Dragon Tails either, although I've only ever seen a couple of episodes. Muppet Babies, though, I really really love!

Speaking of dragons, did anyone like Pocket Dragon Adventures?
Back to top Go down
Neptune_Orca

Neptune_Orca

Number of posts : 928
Registration date : 2007-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:31 am

Lets see, how about the original spiderman? Yes... when I was a little kid (early 90s), I intentionaly skipped past all the cartoons meant for my age and went to the old 60s spiderman. I also used to watch X-men evolution, wow, even when I was a little kid I was a nerd.

As for recent ones, I'd have to go with the new batman series. Oh, and Danny phantom!

PS: the Sonic the hedgehog tV series!
Back to top Go down
Envy

Envy

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:00 pm

Zee-Zee wrote:
Yeah, I never really liked Dragon Tails either, although I've only ever seen a couple of episodes. Muppet Babies, though, I really really love!

Speaking of dragons, did anyone like Pocket Dragon Adventures?

!!! O.O I immidiately knew what you were talking about! XD I didn't remember that show's name at ALL, either, I just went 'THAT'S what that was called!'

I have to wonder if there really are less good shows now, or if you just don't remember the old ones that weren't good. That being said, I like the 90s toons too. x.x I want Teletoon retro, but MTS doesn't get it. Bleh.
For good modern cartoons, I like Avatar, Foster's, uhh.... I don't watch that much TV Xp
Back to top Go down
fire_lupine06

fire_lupine06

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:35 pm

I Loved Rocko's Modern Life, baby Looney Toons was nice too, and Tranformers from the 80s rocked.

Most new cartoons are too zany or poory drawn and voiced to be good.

Also Pinky and the Brain anyone?
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 2:32 pm

Alright lets revive this.

Anybody out remember an old CGI show by the name of ReBoot? I found some eps of it on you tube and a wiki site for it recently. I used to love that show. Heck I even rented the Video game several times although I don't think I ever beat it.
Back to top Go down
Baby Eevee

Baby Eevee

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:15 pm

I loved Voltron and Gobots when I was little.
Back to top Go down
Raikan

Raikan

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 5:19 pm

Reboot was very good for the time. It was CGI, Made in canada and one of the most popular shows ever run on Cartoon network.

Anyone ever remember Transformers beast wars? I was absolutely nuts over that show, Beetleborgs and Power rangers. I grew up on that stuff used to get up at 6 to watch them.
Back to top Go down
Incontinent Wolfhound
Serious Business
Serious Business
Incontinent Wolfhound

Number of posts : 870

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 6:08 pm

Lig wrote:
Anybody out remember an old CGI show by the name of ReBoot? I found some eps of it on you tube and a wiki site for it recently. I used to love that show. Heck I even rented the Video game several times although I don't think I ever beat it.

Reboot FTW, as well as Beastwars, the only Transformers franchise I ever liked. I watched Power Rangers too Rai ^^ I loved that when I was 5/6. The other major show I loved was Sailor Moon, its what started me on anime. *blush*
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 6:43 pm

Yeah I loved Beast Wars and Beast Machines. Great stuff. I loved both of those. I also liked BeetleBorgs and Power Rangers. Grew up on that stuff. Although Power Rangers has gone down hill in recent years though.
Back to top Go down
Baby Eevee

Baby Eevee

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 11:20 pm

Do you remember Ronin Warriors,that was a good cartoon.
Back to top Go down
Tonga

Tonga

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:06 am

Incontinent Wolfhound wrote:
The other major show I loved was Sailor Moon, its what started me on anime. *blush*

I remember that show... Everything had the word 'moon' before it and when they got mad the characters would have huge heads with sweat drops everywhere... Good times, good times...
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

Number of posts : 393

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:18 am

I used to watch a show called The Animals of Farthing Wood which apparently is based on a series of novels.

I swear, though, that series was not for children. I swear, the show was so dark, it's like, whoa...
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/furryfurryfurry/
Baby Eevee

Baby Eevee

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:00 am

Do you remember Biker Mice From Mars,that was a cool cartoon.
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 2:15 pm

Furryfurryfurry wrote:
I used to watch a show called The Animals of Farthing Wood which apparently is based on a series of novels.

I swear, though, that series was not for children. I swear, the show was so dark, it's like, whoa...

I remember watching that. It was seriously traumatic! Almost as upsetting as the Watership Down movie!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Rant thread.   Cartoon Rant thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cartoon Rant thread.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next