The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A constant work in progress

Go down 
+14
vincent
Twilight_Prophet
Raikan
Prav
Incontinent Wolfhound
Maxis
Neptune_Orca
Silverdrake20
Envy
{gone}
Lig
Poco
Zee-Zee
FFF
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Prav

Prav

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2007-04-19

A constant work in progress - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:49 pm

Raikan wrote:
Good pic of me FFF!!! Although I resent the dress..... I was in pink DIAPERS Embarassed Other than that, pretty good.

PINK USED DIAPERS :p
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2007-05-28

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:36 pm

The diaper comes with a dress. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/furryfurryfurry/
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 2:41 pm

I'm making it a happy of double posting...

Another
Important Moments
A constant work in progress - Page 4 070cPocoEvilLaughColored

It's slightly modified from the context it was in but... well, I always wanted to do an evil laugh picture.

Once again, I tried a slightly different style, both in lineart and coloring.

Sorry about the cream color. Didn't quite come out as well as I had hoped.

... ... ... I wonder if I didn't over do the whole evil grin/evil laugh thing. There's really something... surreal about an maniacal evil laugh wearing a pink tutu...

The tutu was Prav's idea (. .)>

Also, this'll probably the last time I make your eyes sting for a while... unless someone's got a special request?

Last thing, I just made a Fur Affinity account, so I wanted to get your permission to post art with you guys in it.

Last edited by Furryfurryfurry on Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Prav

Prav

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 2:52 pm

it really does look better ^^
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Number of posts : 11138
Registration date : 2006-10-15

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 2:58 pm

Now that is good. I love how you did the evil grin thing. And sure go ahead and post any art ya do with me in it. I don't mind. Just link me to your FA account so I can add you to my watch list.
Back to top Go down
http://lionstigerandligers.editboard.com
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

Number of posts : 1716
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 3:00 pm

*giggle* Evil Poco! I love it!

I've got a special request - please draw more pictures, please! I don't care what they're pictures of, they'll be brilliant, I'm sure!

And of course you can post anything involving me on your FA account!
Back to top Go down
Incontinent Wolfhound
Serious Business
Serious Business
Incontinent Wolfhound

Number of posts : 870

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 4:00 pm

You can draw me any time. Special requets? Not really, lol. I am content with what awesomeness you ahve created for us sofar.
Back to top Go down
Neptune_Orca

Neptune_Orca

Number of posts : 928
Registration date : 2007-09-19

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 4:20 pm

These are just getting better and better!
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 8:26 pm

Yay! My evil laugh of semi-triumph!

You should absolutely make a FA account and fill it with many more pics.
Back to top Go down
Prav

Prav

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 8:30 pm

yeah, make one!
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 9:30 pm

Aww! Thanks so much guys!

Okay, for one thing, I made the Fur Affinity account and here's the link:

I haven't finished putting everything up yet but I'll do it when I get the chance.

Also, I take it means I have permission from everyone? I'll assume a lack of comment means yes. (Because I hope the answer is yes ^^)

And now, part of a new series of drawings.

A constant work in progress - Page 4 071cErvinandSerinaColoured

I have five plushies at home and this picture was inspired by two of them.
Ervin is the arctic white fox and Serina is the pink spaniel on the right. If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm just love romance and I just thought they really made a cute couple.

They do, don't they?

I'm trying out this new style of eyes. It's coming along pretty well, I think I may stick with it.

Ervin is white, but I learned that it's better not to leave anything white. Seeing as he's not background, I gave him a very light shade of silvery gray.

Serina, in real life is actually completely pink. I mean apart from her eyes and nose, everything is a shade of pink. I had to add some different colors not because I don't like her natural color... but an all pink drawing almost feels, cheap.

Maybe I'll post a picture of the Ervin and Serina at one point.

As another note, my drawings will probably be much more far in between now that March Break is over.

Last note: That avi... *gasp* Thanks Poco!
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 10:55 pm

Wow very nice. I like it. OH and if you want Romance feel Free to draw Warren and Talia together. Talia's a white Siberian Tigress.
Back to top Go down
Raikan

Raikan

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 11:18 am

Very cute in a lovey dovey way
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:22 pm

They're adorable!

I noticed Ervin is dressed like your avi. Was that intentional?
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 4:18 pm

Actually, it wasn't intentional.

It's just proof I really need to get out more because when my mind wants casual wear, the first thing that pops up is green sweater, brown pants. Maybe I should go clothes shopping more often...
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:16 pm

Double post again! Shocked XD

Okay, I managed to get one drawing out this week.
A constant work in progress - Page 4 073cWarrenandTaliaColoured

Yup, it's Lig's suggestion. I actually had a lot of fun doing this one, but I encountered quite a few snags, one of them resulted in a mistake I still cringe about when I see it. I just hope it's unnoticeable enough.

When I heard "white Siberian Tigress", the first thing that jumped to my mind was the mountains of Siberia.

At first, the scene was meant to be a bit more humorous, but I think romance won out in the end.

As a small detail, Warren's tail gave me a bit of a headache, not because it was hard to draw, but because I didn't know what to do with it. I had three options, either leave it out like I did with Talia's, have it tucked in his jacket, or covered in a tail glove. I went for the last option for three reasons, one because I figured a feline would need it's tail to keep balance, and if I had it tucked it in, people would probably think I forgot it and I didn't want it uncovered because you try not wearing a glove on a cold cold day... yeah. Talia, on the other hand, I figured would be used to it.

Another funny thing. When I drew Ervin and Serina and ran into the white fur on white background problem, I told myself that I would no longer have that problem when I'll start putting backgrounds to my pictures. Ironically, in this picture, despite telling myself "what are the odds?" I end up with Talia's white fur against the white snow. XD. I don't know how obvious t is, but the snow has a slight orange tinge to it. I also experimented with shadows in this picture.

My rambling aside, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

Number of posts : 1716
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:27 pm

I said it on FA too, but this is such a great picture! I love your art! ^.^
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 5:51 pm

She's laying back on him, so it's on the other side, hidden from view.
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 9:03 pm

Awwww. Wow thanks FFF!!!! I love it you did a very nice job. I just love how you did this thanks a lot! *Huggles tight.*
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 10:35 pm

Argh! I swear, I am dealing with the largest artist's block I've had the bad luck of coming across.

It's been weeks now, I can't draw, I can't write... it's bloody annoying!

Any tips?
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 10:38 pm

Well Music can help and so can looking through other people's art for inspiration. TV can help too. Also try watching some comedy or listening to some stand up. Humor just helps sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Incontinent Wolfhound
Serious Business
Serious Business
Incontinent Wolfhound

Number of posts : 870

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:40 pm

my block started a year ago and I still can't shake it. so I am really no help on teh topic Razz
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

Number of posts : 489

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:44 pm

An artists block and a writers block, thats a bit tough to work with, but there are ways to work your way around them.

For artists block I generally just look around for ideas, in books, in movies, anywhere truly. If anything try to keep yourself from asking someone else for an idea, it may get the job done but it means little if the idea doesnt come from your creative process. As for anything else, well im sure there are many other ways that other people use to get past artists block...but like art itself, finding out how and what you make from it will always yeild results.

For writers block, one that I commonly come face to face with, I usually just sit down and write...yep thats it, write anything that comes to mind, your thoughts, your opinions, anything at all. It doesnt matter if anyone ever sees it, it doesnt even matter if you throw it away after your done because the more you just write the more your mind will be able to flow and the less writers block you may encounter. This doesnt mean you have to make a commitment to do it, of course not, writing takes time and to make it good it takes skill, but you dont see new fantastic writers popping up each day do you? Its all about pace, if you dont feel like writing but force it then in the end it might not work out, give yourself time. Most people will see that and say "But thats exactly why I have writers block, because I have taken too much time and cant get back into it...", it is only hard to get back into it because the ideas arent flowing, because people feel obligated to get something out to their readers, writers should know though that the story will end when they say so. Be able to take a step back, forgeting about the illusion of consequence, and say that your story will end when all that you wished to do with it has ended. No matter how long it takes, it can be guarenteed that someone, even if he isnt part of your target audience, will read it.

Hmmm....looks like I kind of went off on a rant. I hope some of it could be helpful for you and good luck with your writing and art. Most writers and artists should be encouraged any way to continue with their work, most other people give up before they ever start...
Back to top Go down
FFF

FFF

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:06 pm

Aaah! It's been so long since I've been able to put the pen to the tablet, finally being able to draw again is like stepping outside into fresh air after being stuck indoors. Thanks to all who commented and offered help for the artist's block.

Anyways, I've only been able to make one drawing since the last time, but I'm going to post two version of it so it looks like I've done more work. ^^

A constant work in progress - Page 4 076cBythetreeColoured

Backstory: I'm not feeling really bad or anything, but exams are approaching for me so there's always that annual anxiety period.

Technical: Ho. Ly. Shucks. Halfway through drawing this, I realized just much of an impossible pose that is. I mean, seriously, sit on the floor, lean against the wall if you want and just try to actually sit in that same position, arms, head and everything. The head is actually way to far ahead relative to the neck and body. But at that point, I was way too far into it to go back and correct it.
Also, I usually use two programs per drawing, "SAI Painter" for the lineart and "Corel Painter 3" for the colours. I tried using Sai for the colors as well, and I found a really nifty brush tool in there. Look at the grass, you should be able to see some of the grass blades. Does anyone notice a difference in the way this was coloured? Which one do you think is better?

Overall, I think the end result came out pretty well.

Speaking of Lineart, what difference colour makes, don't you think?
A constant work in progress - Page 4 076bBythetreeLineart

Also... including this one, my two last drawings have all been profile drawings... what's up with that I wonder... Next one up (whenever that's going to be) will have to either be frontal or 3/4 view. ^^

For this drawing, music really helped.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw
Anyone knows if that's a real song and what it's called or more unlikely, it's just a Muppet song?
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:18 pm

Very nice. Your character looks very contemplative. You're right, the textured brush on the grass gives it an extra dimension. It's good to hear that you're over your block.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A constant work in progress   A constant work in progress - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A constant work in progress
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next