The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Delusions of Grandeur

Go down 
+2
Poco
Twilight_Prophet
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you want a sequel?
Yes
Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
No
Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Indifferent
Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Number of posts : 11138
Registration date : 2006-10-15

Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 11:04 pm

Oh Twilight you are a story genius! I'm loving this story. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down
http://lionstigerandligers.editboard.com
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

Number of posts : 1716
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 5:10 am

Yep, I agree with Lig! This is great stuff, I'm hooked! And good luck with the SATs!
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2007-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 8:35 pm

Here is Chapter 8 for you guys. Enjoy!

Chapter 8: Patience In Spades [Part 2 of 2]

The second day turned out to be worst then the first. Raven had told me to stay in my crib for the day, said it was “…part of the plan”. I wasn’t mad at him anymore but even then it made hardly any sense, how would keeping me cooped up here make any difference. I sat there in my crib, the cat plushy at my side, I watched as the other cubs were let out of their cribs by that black wolf. When he came over to me and unlatched he side, I refused to leave, I knew that I must have been annoying him, but he simply shrugged and latched it back up, leaving me to myself.

That was hardly the worst part, it got worse when breakfast started to come around, because I had refused to leave my crib I basically gave up my right to be fed, my tummy must have grumbled for about an hour before finally giving up. I watched as Raven and the others ate their food happily…Raven seemed a little too happy about it, I thought I saw him glance up at me and smile mockingly…I didn’t really think about it at the time.

1…2…3…4…5…6…I counted to myself silently, trying to pass the time as I laid there in my crib…7…8…9…10…I felt a little bit sick after a bit, must have been the lack of food…23…24…25…26…Damn I thought to myself How much longer until tomorrow?...57…58…59…60…61…It was getting me nowhere but I couldn’t figure out anything else to do…84…85…86…and then I heard it…

The cries, at first it didn’t occur to me that something was off about them, but it didn’t take long to figure it out….it was day…the cries were never there during the day. I sat up, it took me a bit longer then usual…how I wish I had breakfast, and listened. It was soft but clear, whoever it was must have been in pain, it sort of scared me, it made me wonder what would happen to me if I was the one that cried. I glanced over to Raven and the others, hoping that someone other then me was listening. It was then that I noticed that something was very wrong…the entire room was frozen. Everything was at a standstill, Eddy must have thrown his plushy up into the air to catch it but there it was, hanging there at mid-fall, Raven had built another toy tower, I could see that part of it had fallen off, but the blocks remained suspended there and never fell to the ground. What was going on? I wondered, I could still hear the cries, they were louder…closer then what I would have wanted. At that moment the door opened, I thought that it would have been the black wolf but it wasn’t…it was another cub. It was a fox, like Eddy but with red fur, and even though it was red I could still tell what he was covered in…blood. I felt nauseous, I couldn’t tell if it was his or someone’s else’s blood…I didn’t really wanted to know. The cub looked over at me, his eyes full of pain…full of suffering…god those eyes haunted me. I watched in complete horror as a shadow crept up behind the cub, it was obvious that someone was behind him, I just couldn’t tell who. It was at that moment that something happened, something that shocked me to my very core…it rang out amongst the silence…a gunshot…the bullet must have pierced the cub from the back for he fell to the ground. He seemed to fall in slow motion, his eyes were still looking up at me…it was when his body hit the ground that I screamed…

…I woke up. I jolted up actually, sweat ran down my face, my entire body was shivering. I must have wet myself also for I could see a faint yellow blotch at the front of my diaper, I didn’t care though, I only quickly grabbed my plushy and forced the blanket over me, over my head as well, I was trying to pull off that I was going to take a nap, even though it was most likely only around lunch time, I hoped that no one would see what I did next…I cried. Not audibly but I did cry, I couldn’t stand what I had seen, tears welled up around my eyes, I squeezed my plushy as hard as I could as I counted the tears that fell upon it…1…2…3…4…5…

…32…33…34…35…36… I was finally able to stop myself from crying, I couldn’t see because of the blanket over me but I could hear the other cubs eating their lunch, my tummy grumbled once again but went silent minutes later. I felt weak…I felt sick…I couldn’t even feel secure during the day now, much less the night…I wanted it all to end, I was already dead inside anyway.

The day went on, eventually the light on the ceiling started to dim as the cubs were fed dinner. I remained under my blanket, my legs had started to chaff, I apparently had also given up my right to having my diaper changed when I refused to leave my crib. I heard a noise, I peeped out from under my blanket to see, Raven apparently had left a bottle of milk for me in my crib. My eyes narrowed, I swatted at it with my paw, sending it rolling out of my crib and onto the carpet below, I didn’t care about food anymore…I only cared about escape. The light eventually went dark as the others were tucked into their cribs, I layed their, ever motionless, I had a feeling that the cries would be back tonight…I was right.

Escape was the only thing fueling me back then, I only wished that the others would have gotten away…I only wished that they didn’t have to see “her”…I as well…
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 8:39 pm

Gah! That was freaky! pale

Nicely done.
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 2:30 pm

Wow this just keeps getting better. Great Job . Can't wait to read more.
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 4:34 pm

Well now that the SAT's are done I had time to write Chapter 9. Enjoy!

Chapter 9: Rise And Fall

The morning of the third day…the day of escape. I was so anxious that after I got changed into a fresh diaper I literally wolfed down my breakfast (no pun intended). I looked too Raven constantly during that morning, wondering when it would all go down, I asked him whenever I could, he would only reply “You will know when I give you the signal…”. I tried to keep my mind off it, I didn’t want the grown-ups to figure out our ploy so I forced myself to calm down…it wasn’t easy, my tail was constantly wagging around excitedly.

The day went on pretty simply…there was one thing that raised my suspicions, the black wolf that would usually watch over us wasn’t around…he was completely absent. I didn’t really think about it, I didn’t figure it mattered, I supposed the less resistance during our escape would only do us better. I played with some random toys, I didn’t even pay attention to what they even were, I just wanted to pass the time. It was almost lunchtime, I could tell that the plan was about to go down because of Raven, he started to walk around very slowly, as if preparing himself for the task at hand. It was then that the black wolf came in, so he was here, and started to pass out lunch to us cubs. I was ready to eat when Raven came over to me and placed a paw on my shoulder, he shook his head, telling me not to eat. I only nodded back at him as the black wolf made his way out the door, the door readily closing behind him. At that moment Raven picked up on of the many toy blocks littering the floor and chucked it at the door. It lodged itself between the door and wall, leaving a creak open that I knew we would use to escape. To my disbelief, I could hear the black wolf walking off…he hadn’t noticed.

This was it, the time I had been waiting for was finally here. Raven didn’t say anything, he only motioned us to move quickly, he and I both probably knew we wouldn’t have much time for our window of opportunity. Raven, Eddy, and I rushed out the door as silently as we could, the dog had remained, I asked Raven why he wasn’t following, he only said that he was already lost. Raven closed the door behind us and told us to follow, and within minutes we were well on our way, scampering down hallway after hallway, our diapers crinkling softly as we did so.

Raven was right, this place was a maze, every turn we made only went into another hallway, I started to doubt Raven’s ability to lead us out of here but I knew that he was the only one who had any sort of idea of where we were going. It was after about an hour or so that we finally reached a place that differed from the hallways behind us. I was actually the only one that really saw it, Raven was too busy to notice, it was a dark hallway, the air was cold from where it connected to the hallway we were going down. I stopped where I was, gazing at it, it seemed familiar…I was just about to ask Raven about it when I noticed that they were gone. I looked around frantically, trying to spot them, but they must have taken another turn into a different hallway, effectively cutting me off from the group. Apparently they didn’t notice that I had stopped and went on without me, I wondered when they would actually notice I was gone. I knew I had to keep moving though, regardless if I was lost, if any of the grown-ups found me here…I didn’t want to think about what would happen then. I gazed down the dark hallway once more before deciding that it was my only choice, I started down it…It wasn’t long before I was unable to see the light from where I was minutes before…it was then that I was plunged into the silence of the dark.

I walked further and further, using the wall to help me find my way in the dark. It was then that my eyes grew wide, I remembered where I was The dream I thought to myself This was were I was in the dream. My body started to shiver, it was obviously cold, and even though it was pitch black, I knew where I was going. It didn’t take long to find what I was looking for…the door I saw in my dream. I ran over to it and noticed that it had already been opened partially, just enough for me to fit, it was as if someone else like me had already been here…maybe it was me…

I entered the room, it was exactly as my dream had portrayed it, computers everywhere and in disarray, wires crossing the floor every which way, I instantly noticed the computer in the middle and ran over to it, tripping over some wires like I did in my dream…perhaps they were even the same wires I tripped over before. I hopped up onto the chair, expecting to see the list of names again but this time it was different, instead there were a bunch of video feeds, from different cameras around the facility. On one I could see Raven and Eddy, racing down a hallway before stopping at a crossroad. I could tell that Eddy looked curious as to where they would go next, Raven seemed to be contemplating which way to go…and then it happened. I watched as grown-ups came from all directions, the black wolf the first to reach them. Eddy tried to run away but was grabbed by the black wolf, I expected that the others would grab Raven as well but they paid no attention to him What was going on?. There wasn’t any sound from the video but I could tell that Raven started to laugh, anger boiled up inside me when I realized what had happened…it was a trap. Raven must have been in cohorts with them the whole time…he must have started the whole plan to escape to draw out any cubs part of the resistance. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing but here it was right in front of me. I watched as they carried Eddy off, he was crying, I felt sorry for him but he was the least of my problems. I wanted to look into it further, perhaps see if the computer had anything else that could be useful, but I never got the chance as I heard footsteps coming down the hall. The door was thrown to the side as 15 or so of the grown-ups poured into the room, I must have pressed a button on the keyboard when I swiveled around to see them because the video feed went down and another program came up…it was the list of names. They started to run across the room towards me, I was so frantic my mind went blank for a few seconds but then I knew what I needed to do…I highlighted my name and clicked on the ‘END PROCESS’ button without hesitation. I saw a loading bar appear, it slowly started to count down…1%...2%...3%...it was taking forever, it didn’t even get to 10 before one of the others arms wrapped around me and forced me out of the chair. I snarled, I bit, I tried everything I could to get free but it was useless…it was all over…we had lost…no, not “we” any more…I lost…
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 4:41 pm

Oooh! :O

BTW how'd the SAT's go?
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 12:59 pm

SAT's went by fine...just five long hours. I wont be able to write today because I have a cold.
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:01 pm

Hope your SATs went well and this just keeps getting better. I knew there was something up with that Raven but what I can't quite figure is what exactly is going on. I've got a few ideas but I'll keep em to myself and wait and see if I'm right.
Back to top Go down
Incontinent Wolfhound
Serious Business
Serious Business
Incontinent Wolfhound

Number of posts : 870

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:07 pm

Wow...taht is excelency!!! *Huggles you tight* I hope you did good on your SAT, I've never done anything like that before
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 2:16 pm

Get well soon! I'm still loving this story!
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 2:46 pm

Still sick but that didnt keep me from writing Chapter 10. Its bound to confuse but dont worry, explanations will come in the next chapter. Enjoy!

Chapter 10: Mother’s Embrace

…12%...

When I was captured I was put back into my crib, I stopped resisting after a while, what was the point anymore? The black wolf was here as well, he was leaning up against the wall next to the door, watching me, ensuring I didn’t try to pull anything. The dog cub wasn’t around either, he apparently had been taken as well, leaving me all alone. I felt sick to my stomach, so much so that I threw up multiple times in my crib, the black wolf cleaned it up periodically, he eventually force fed me a bottle of milk, it tasted bitter, it must have had some sort of medicine in it to keep me from throwing up anymore. I still felt sick though, a sort of depressing sickness, my body ached constantly, I wanted to cry but as much as I wanted too I didn’t, I had to retain what I had left of myself was my thoughts at the time. I eventually fell asleep, not completely but a sort of half sleep, even sleeping was painful in one way or another. I tossed and turned, nightmares plagued me but what was I talking about, I was already in a nightmare.

…27%...

I woke up when I heard the door open. Two other adults came in, one of them was dressed like a doctor, the other was holding a tray with syringes on it. They both came over, the doctor looking one took one of the shots and administered it into my left arm. It hurt like hell but you wouldn’t have been able to tell, my body didn’t react to much anymore. Another shot went into my other arm and the last one went in at my tummy. I wanted to know what they were doing but they never exchanged words, they only left leaving me all alone again with the black wolf…

…35%...

The cries, I started to hear the cries again after a while, they seemed to come from all directions, I tried to cover my ears but I didn’t have the energy. The cries didn’t sound like they should have…they sounded more like screams to me, screams of pain and torment, the same type of screams that I would have done if I was able. This time was worse than the other times though, this time the cries never stopped, damn it all I wished they would have stopped but as I laid there I knew it wouldn’t happen, wishing never seemed to do much for me…

…42%...

I must have fallen asleep for when I woke again I was being carried, I slowly looked up and realized that it was her, the same woman that had carried me to my room when I first got here. I watched curiously as we went down hallway after hallway, eventually a door came into view, it was larger than all the others, it was made of metal like some of the others were, it reminded me of the safes in banks. It hardly looked welcoming but I knew it was where she was carrying me, when we reached it she entered some sort of password into a panel, I could hear locks being opened somewhere in the door before it slid open. She put me down on the cold metal floor and nudged me into the room, the door closed a few moments later, locking itself and me inside.

…66%...

I looked around, it was dark, I could hear humming like from a computer, it was then that I heard it…a cub was crying, it was here, this was the place that all those cubs had cried before, here at the belly of the beast. At that point the lights began to turn on, one by one, illuminating the room, the first thing I noticed was that it was like the other room with the damaged computers, except here all of the computers were up against the wall in solid running condition. Halfway between me and the middle of the room was the cub that was crying, hesitantly I walked over, when I saw who it was I couldn’t believe it…it was Raven!

…79%...

Raven looked up at me, tears running down his face, he was obviously surprised when he saw me as well “We need to get out of here…” he chocked out. “Why?...you betrayed us, don’t you remember?” I said back to him angrily. “You don’t understand…they betrayed me too, they promised me that I would be able to leave but then they threw me in here…” he said. I wanted to be angry at him, I didn’t want to believe anything he said anymore, but I knew he wouldn’t have much reason t lye at this point “Where are we?” I asked. “This is where ‘she’ is…” Raven’s body started to shake in fear “Who?” I asked back, Raven looked at me eye to eye, I could see the pain in his eyes “…Mother…” was all he got out before an ear splitting noise rained down on us. It was the static, the noise I heard a couple days back, except here the noise was almost deafening. Raven fell to the ground, he tried to cover his ears but it was probably no use, I remained standing over him, I looked forward towards the middle of the room, it was then that I noticed that the static wasn’t just noise…it was visible as well. The room appeared to change back and forth each time the static reached a peak. At first we were in the room with the computers, then after one the peaks the appearance changed to that of a nursery, with a soft blue carpet and all things you would expect to see in one. Back and forth it went, I couldn’t comprehend what was going on, it all seemed so surreal. It was then that I saw “her”, the one that Raven called “Mother”…

…90%...

She was in the middle of the room, when the static peaked and we were in the nursery setting, she appeared as a white fox, she called out to me “Come and sit in my lap my child” her voice was tender and loving, I didn’t know why but I couldn’t resist. I waddled over to her and she lifted me into her lap, she was sitting in a rocking chair. She stroked my fur gently as she rocked back and forth in the chair, I smiled, I couldn’t explain it but she made me feel loved even though she wasn’t my real mom. The static peaked again and I was back in the room with the computers…something was off. Her lap no longer seemed warm…it was hard and cold. It took me a moment but I realized that it also felt metallic. My body started to shake, a chill ran down my spine “What’s wrong my child?” she asked, her voice was no longer tender, it sounded…computerized. Tears started to run down my face when I looked up at her face, it was not one of the fox I saw only minutes before, it was one of a robot’s. The static at that point reached its peaks within only seconds of each other, each time the image went back and forth between the fox and the robot. I cried out loud, the fox was never real, I finally realized how it all worked. The cubs that were brought to her that were under their own delusions of grandeur saw only the fox, they only saw what they wanted to see but never the truth. So many of them must have seen past the illusion, that’s why they cried in horror, that’s why I was crying as well.

…100%...

What happened next was the only thing that I never figured out later on. An alarm rang out, before I knew it I was thrown off her lap, I twisted my ankle when I landed on the ground, I screamed in pain, I was unable to move due to it. The static had ended, the illusion no longer showed up. I looked onward at the supposed “Mother” and saw sparks running off of her robotic body. The last thing I remembered was that she exploded, a bright flash enveloped the room. A bit of shrapnel struck me at the waist, I saw blood coming out from where it punctured me. The entire room was now in flames, I wanted to move but I knew I couldn’t, I only said my last prayers before falling unconscious…
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:00 pm

This is such a great story! I love it!
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:43 pm

Nice addition! I love this story.
Back to top Go down
Incontinent Wolfhound
Serious Business
Serious Business
Incontinent Wolfhound

Number of posts : 870

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 7:59 pm

Awwre, I hope our little friend will be okay...
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:44 pm

This just keeps getting better and better. Great job I got to say I didn't expect this part. Can't wait to find out what the purpose of all this has been.
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:21 pm

Opps...there is one last chapter before the explanations...well then, enjoy Chapter 11!

Chapter 11: Not Much Time For The Dead

Chaos…that was the easiest way I could describe what was going on around me. I was still there in the room, laying motionless…I wanted to move but that was clearly impossible…I could barely breathe much less move. My wound down at my waist had only worsened…blood had seeped down into my diaper and had been absorbed into it, turning it from white to a sickly red. I struggled to move, really I did still think I could get out of here, but the longer I laid here the more I figured I would eventually be consumed by the flames that were steadily spreading across the room. The heat alone had already singed part of my fur…god the pain was immeasurable.

Another explosion, this time somewhere else in the facility from what I heard. It must have been a large one for it shook the foundation of the entire place for a few seconds, I listened as part of the ceiling started to creak and collapse from the pressure, bits and pieces of it were now falling to the ground, spreading a collection of dust and other such things around the room, only adding to the smoke that clouded the room as well. I coughed when I could, I couldn’t really see but I knew that I must have been coughing up blood, I didn’t deny it, I knew that I was going to die sooner or later, it was just a matter of what would end it all. I closed my eyes and waited in what I believed may be the last moments of peace…

…and then I felt it, a paw had reached out from the smoke and grabbed me from the scruff of my neck, and started to drag me inch by inch. I opened my eyes, completely surprised Who? I thought, it didn’t take me long to know that there was only one person there that would actually care enough to help me “Raven…” I muttered to myself. “…Your correct” Raven’s voice said back to me, I heard him cough a few times, I knew that he was most likely injured as well, I sort of started to cry, you wouldn’t believe how grateful I was. “I’m sorry…” was the only thing I heard from him before another explosion went off, more of the facility began to crumble and fall away, it felt like the entire place was going to go down in only a matter of minutes. Raven only continued to drag me across the floor, slowly we reached the large metal door that had locked us in here in the first place, it must have been blown open for it was lying on the ground in smolders. Passing that we entered the maze of hallways, this only reminded me of all the others, did they get out?, I really hoped that none of them especially the cubs didn’t get hurt…or worse.

More hallways, though they weren’t all the same, in many of them the lights were either broken or flickering, in others there were flames protruding out of the open doors to other rooms, we had to bypass these numerous times, I could tell Raven was struggling trying to get both of us out of here, I wanted to thank him and cheer him on, but no words were ever exchanged when we traversed the endless hallways, he and I both knew that we both needed to preserve our strength…in my case talking would possibly only quicken my death if we failed to get out in time.

I started to feel drowsy, I was struggling to stay conscious the whole time, I was losing blood which was easily apparent because I could see a small trail of blood leading out from me, it only got harder to stay awake when more explosions started to go off every few minutes, the mental stress of it all was getting to me, I didn’t want to fall asleep though, I would only feel more like a burden to Raven if I did so, but I couldn’t fight it much longer. It wasn’t long before I slowly closed my eyes…

…Silence. Pure silence was what I heard or didn’t hear per say when I woke up. Was I dead? Was the first thing that came to mind but that was soon dismissed when I started to feel the pain of my wounds again. That wasn’t the only thing I felt though, I could feel warmth, not only in my diaper where I must have wet myself again, but everywhere on my body. I slowly opened me eyes to something I hadn’t seen in quite a while…the sun. Sun? It didn’t really register with me until I figured out that we must have escaped! Regardless of the pain I was in I was overwhelmed with joy, I instantly looked around for Raven and spotted him a few feet off. He was gazing at a building in the distance, what must have been the facility we were in, smoke and fire had surrounded the entire compound. I shifted around where I was lying, seeing if I was at least able to sit up…but I wasn’t, it was then that I saw where we were exactly. We were in the field of gravel, the place where the van dropped me off when I came here, in the direction opposite the facility I saw a forest except for a single road that led up through where we were. I looked back to Raven and tried to thank him but I was cut short when I coughed up some more blood, he looked over at me in a solemn sort of way before walking over to me “I need to go for help…” he said calmly, looking to the road that led out of here. He walked past me and looked back at me one last time, I could see it in his eyes, he wasn’t sure if I would live until he got back, I wouldn’t blame him if he never came back…I sort of doubted myself as well. Tears came to his eyes, the last thing he said to me was “I’m sorry…” before running off. It took a few minutes for him to leave my sight; I only laid there staring up at the sun, enjoying the warmth…

It was half an hour later when it happened, I was lying there half awake when I heard the explosion go off. This one was on a level of its own though for when I looked to the facility I saw that the entire place was engulfed in one massive explosion. It spread out, taking in everything near it, it looked so huge that it looked like a nuclear bomb had gone off or something. It was at that point when I stared at it that I was instantly blown off of the ground itself, the shockwave it created threw me around 50 feet away from it, I eventually crashed down on the road itself, I must have broken a few bones but at this point I couldn’t feel anything anymore. I knew this was it, the end was only minutes away…I was going to die…

The last I ever heard was sirens…
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:33 pm

He's dead? Shocked

Really?
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:52 pm

Great story so far and so sad. I hope the poor lil guy doesn't die. *Grabs a starfleet medical kit and speed dials doctors Crusher, Bashier, and the Doc.*
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Over? Not yet at least, I wouldnt end on a number like 11, it just doesnt seem like a good number to end on in my opinion. I finally got over my cold so at least I can feel good when I write now. Chapter 12 to be here in the next couple days.
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 5:05 pm

So he's not dead? That's good, I was pretty shocked when I thought he was. Although I always give props to authors with enough balls to kill their hero (I've never been able to do it).
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 5:20 pm

So here it is...the final chapter. I hope you all had as much fun reading it as I did writing it. Enjoy!

Chapter 12: Time And Time Again

14 years later…

That was how it all went down, when I blacked out on that day I was indeed rescued, It seemed as though Raven actually came through, I wanted to thank him but I learned later that he was nowhere to be found, he did get help, ambulances and police and firefighters, all of them came…when they got to the facility and found me they instantly rushed me off to the nearest hospital, they wanted to check out Raven too but that was when he vanished.

After hours and hours of fighting the fire that was raging all over the compound, they were finally able to take control of it and put it out. It was then that the police went in to investigate, to salvage what was left, surprisingly they found bits of data still left on the computers that weren’t entirely destroyed. With that information I learned everything in time, the facility was a scientific research company that went out of business over a century ago, that specific branch was focused on genetics. The robot I saw that was referred to as “Mother” was an AI that was put there to conduct the research, over time it became corrupt and damaged, that’s when it learned how to use inverse genetics…inverse genetics is what they used on us when we were there, it was a process of basically rewinding our genes until we were young cubs again…it wasn’t perfect though, we were still able to retain our thoughts and memories which only served to our benefit when I escaped. When “Mother” used it for the first time, her AI reprogrammed herself, which is why she eventually thought that she was to take care of us…even against our will. As for the adults that were there, some of them were caught in the illusion, some of them truly believed that the place was a nursery and worked there, others were held there like prisoners, the “Mother” AI ensuring they never left. The illusion itself was the biggest mystery, no one knew how she used it, some thought that she used a gas to give us hallucinations that made it look as so, as for me, I was already content with what I figured out already so I didn’t really think about it much.

Back to when I was rescued, I was sent to the nearest hospital and instantly sent into the E.R., they told me I was in there for 10 straight hours, they said it was a miracle that I actually survived. I guess that wasn’t the hardest part about it though, first off the shrapnel that struck me at the waist hit my bladder, it ruptured it so bad that it terminally made me incontinent for the rest of my life, second since the facility went down in flames and since “Mother” died there, it was impossible to reverse the inverse genetics so I had to relive 14 years of my life just to get back to where I started…the only funny thing about it was the fact that the exact day that Raven and I escaped was indeed my birthday. Third I learned later that Raven and I were the only ones who escaped…everyone else died, I mourned their deaths, even the ones I didn’t life when I was there…they didn’t deserve to die that way.

Now then, when I left the hospital, I was put up for adoption. I able to talk like I was back at the facility but I was told never to talk about what happened there, they said it was for the best, I agreed because I knew what sort of burden it could be for people to think about it. I stayed at the hospital for about a week before I was eventually adopted by a white fox (ironic isn’t it?) named Sheila. She was 24 at the time and of course she wasn’t told where I came from, she was single and was very happy to get a cub of her own. She lived in a nice suburban setting in a great community, had a two-story house and was fairly wealthy.

As for what happened between then and now…well that’s an entirely different story. So here I am, sitting in my room upstairs on my bed and writing in my journal, my diaper crinkling ever so softly whenever I moved my tail around. I guess in the end it all worked out, my whole life was now right back where it started…only this time I knew it was entirely worth living.

THE END

To Be Continued
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 5:34 pm

cheers Twilight, this has been a great story! I can't wait for more! *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 5:36 pm

Awww... I wanna know what happened to Raven!

Great story, Xenon! I'm impressed!
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 8:01 pm

Woooooooot!!!!! Great Story Twighlight! I loved the ending and hope there's a sequel someday! Woot. Ya know the plot for this might make for a good RP sometime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Delusions of Grandeur
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next