The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Delusions of Grandeur

Go down 
+2
Poco
Twilight_Prophet
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Do you want a sequel?
Yes
Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Vote_lcap50%Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
No
Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Indifferent
Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Incontinent Wolfhound
Serious Business
Serious Business
Incontinent Wolfhound

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2007-05-28

Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 8:55 pm

Very well concieved and played out, I am proud of you for making an idea and completing it ^^ I am also happy it actually ended, because so many of us get in the trap of starting somethign adn planing something so grand that we will never complete. I love you Xenon, I would love to see you write another story soon.
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

Number of posts : 489

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 6:36 pm

Thank you all for your comments but now that some time has passed...the question arises...(in the poll)
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 5:06 pm

Well here it is...the first chapter in the sequel. I hope you guys like it. Enjoy!

Delusions of Grandeur 2
Written By: Twilight_Prophet

Chapter 1: The Rebirth Of Opportunity

There is a time and place for all beings of this world

That was something I remember hearing from a stranger back before the incident at the facility, I never got to see his face, actually I never saw him again after that. From what he said apparently my time was far from over as I laid here in a hospital bed. I had gotten out of surgery for about a week now but my body was still pretty sore, all in all I would think to embrace what I had now considering what happened back at the facility. Every time I thought about that place I remembered Raven and what he did for me…he was still missing though, no one could find him after he alerted the authorities of where to go. I hoped that he was alright, that he would find someone to help him or to gain the ability to help himself. But what was I doing delving into the past, right now all I had to do was cooperate with the nurses and recover from all the trauma and stress that was put on my body. It was more than my body though, I might be on the rebound for physical recovery but my mind was still as tormented as it ever was when I left that place. I had nightmares…I still do, every night I remember the cries, the illusion, “Mother”, and everything else that served to torture me inside. I didn’t show it though, I hid my true feelings from the many doctors and nurses around me, why would I want to trouble anyone else with my own problems?

It must have been early afternoon for the sun shown through my window and poured onto my bed, I smiled, it was more then just the warmth that made me happy, it was the fact that I finally had a window, I could finally know that there was a world out there, one that I hoped I could start life anew. The doctors had told me that they were well on their way to finding a way to turn me back to 16…oh wait I wouldn’t be 16 anymore, I turned 4 exactly when I came here…so I would be 17…either way I knew they were lying, they were only trying to make me feel better until they would have to break the news to me, I guess since I was only 4 in their eyes, only a cub, that it wouldn’t be right to tell me right away. They didn’t need to though; I had already given up hope on anything surviving that explosion that wiped out the entire compound…I wasn’t sad though, I knew it would be another 13 years before I could be who I was before but in a way I sort of liked the idea of a second chance…a second life…

I sat up in my bed, it was clearly made for adults, as it was easily 5 times my size. I wanted to leave this hospital so badly, the staff could tell that each day I became more anxious to start my life again, but as much as I wanted too I knew I had to recover. I had indeed broken a few of my bones, one in my left arm and two in my right leg, for the first few days after my surgery I was completely incapable of moving them, after a few more days though I was able to walk around my room slowly…sure I was limping at that point but at least it was progress. I crawled to the edge of my bed, the white sheets getting bunched around my paws as I went. Looking over the edge I slowly put my left foot over and onto the floor and using the bed sheets to cling on too, I carefully set my right foot down as well. I had to be careful, even with minimal movement my right leg was still in a lot of pain, I winced a few times as I took a few steps from my bed, I knew that the doctors said to stay in bed and rest but right now my curiosity got the better of me as I wanted to go to the window to see what I could. It only took a few more steps to remember the other injury I had endured as a soft crinkling sound came from down at my waist, I seemed to forget at times that I was still wearing diapers, from what the doctors said they told me that my bladder had been punctured, making me permanently incontinent for the rest of my life, I wasn’t sad about that either though, I was just glad to be alive.

Moving over to the window sill, careful not to put too much pressure on my right leg, I eventually clambered up onto it and gazed out at the world that awaited me. Straight ahead was a city, skyscrapers and all, only about a mile away from where I was, it wasn’t the same city that I grew up in before though…I could tell. To the right of the city were the suburbs, I could see the many little houses that came in all shapes and sizes, off to the left were farmlands with windmills and pastures, the sort of stuff you would expect to see. All of it reminded me of the boardwalk that I always enjoyed going too, I remembered the lighthouse that guided the ships safely to the shores, I didn’t delve too deep into those memories though, I didn’t want to be reminded of the fact that I was kidnapped there. Looking down I saw the parking lot with cars of all colors, it made me wonder if I would eventually leave in one of them, I didn’t get to really think about it much because I heard a knock on the door behind me…

For all the people that came into my room to care for me, they knew they didn’t have to knock on the door to come in, I guess they did just to be nice, I still sat there on the window sill as one of the nurses came in, it was a raccoon, most likely in her 20’s or 30’s, wearing a pink nurses outfit that all the others wore as well. “What are you doing over there?...you should know better than to leave your bed without any help” she said in a lecturing sort of tone, we sort of stared at each other for a few moments before she smiled, returning to her usual cheerful self. I knew this nurse unlike all the others, she was one that cared for me on a daily basis, her name was Rachael, but beyond that I still didn’t know about her. She walked over to me and lifted me into her arms and tickled me on my tummy, I giggled happily, she was always being nice to me “You must be feeling better then…well that’s good because I have a surprise for you…”. She may have said I was a surprise but I knew what it might be, her surprises were usually some sort of treat or a toy to play with, both that made my time here a little bit better. I smiled up at her, wondering what she would have for me today, she started to carry me over to my bed, most likely to reinforce the idea that I had to get my rest but then something happened…she didn’t put me in my bed like she did all those times before, she continued walking, eventually carrying me out into the hall and down towards the elevator “…im going to miss you…” she said aimlessly as she tickled me once more, this time I didn’t giggle though “Wha do you mean?” I asked curiously. We reached the elevator, the doors parting as we entered, she smiled back down at me as she pressed the button to go down to the first floor “It took a little while but we finally found someone for you…you have been adopted…”. My eyes widened, I couldn’t believe what I just heard, Rachael started to say something to me but I never heard it, I think I must have feinted from the shock…
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

Number of posts : 1716
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 5:18 pm

Awww, cute! So glad you're carrying on writing! I really need to write something more myself...
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Number of posts : 11138
Registration date : 2006-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 6:25 pm

Woot!! I'm so glad your making a sequel. So far I like it. Keep it up Xenon! Can't wait for chapter 2.
Back to top Go down
http://lionstigerandligers.editboard.com
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:28 pm

Chapter 2. Got homework so I dont have much to say right now. Enjoy!

Chapter 2: New Life, New World [Part 1 of 3]

Did I hear her right? Was the first thought that popped into my head when I finally came too Did she say I had been adopted?. It seemed so surreal in my mind, I had never considered that anyone would ever adopt a person such as me…then again, I guess right now no one would have seen who I really was, they would only see the young and innocent cub I had become, would they really still except me if they knew what troubles I had experienced, what stress I lived through every night…those damn nightmares…

I slowly started to open my eyes but I only shut them again the second I knew where I was. I had only looked for but a second but I was still able to see in those few moments, apparently I was in a car, I had saw someone up at the drivers seat…I guess that was why I had shut my eyes, even thought I didn’t want to admit it, I was still pretty shy of others ever since how I was treated at the facility. So that’s what I did, I pretended to stay asleep, as if I hadn’t woken at all…but yet again my curiosity got the better of me so I decided to use what other senses I could. It didn’t take long to figure out that I was in the back seat of the car, from what I could feel I supposed I snuggly secured in a baby seat for safety. It was cushy and warm, most likely from the sunlight that had already washed over my face, I shifted a bit, the sunlight was getting a bit annoying. It was then that I heard the ever familiar crinkling sound from down at my waist, I really did hope that I hadn’t wet my diaper when I was sleeping, Rachael was the only one that had changed me when I was at the hospital, I was able to eventually get used to it from her…but not from others. That sort of started to make me think about how I ended up getting adopted, I had feinted back at the hospital so I missed the whole adoption process, it made me sort of sad, sad that I had missed my only chance to have a say in who would adopt me, there was no telling in who had done it…it could be anyone.

It was to my dismay when I realized that I had moved a little too much because I suddenly heard a voice from up at the front “You awake?” the voice asked. It was of a woman’s voice, soft and calm, I was getting more curious by the minute so I opened one eye slowly to look around. She apparently hadn’t turned around to see me when she was driving, it was if she had a feeling that I was awake, I was still unable to her though so I decided to look elsewhere. There wasn’t much to see though, I was too short to directly see through the windows, all I could see was the clouds and the tops of houses. Looking around the car though, I instantly spotted a bag of diapers and other such supplies in the seat on my left, most likely the hospital had provided it for her…whoever she was still. Off to the right in other seat I spotted a small plushy of a black cat, it reminded me of Raven, the one that had saved me in the first place, it made me wonder where he was now, if he was alright. Picking it up, I gave it a squeeze and held it close, apparently the woman had noticed, she was most likely now my mother but I still had doubts about considering her in such a way, she chuckled lightly “So you are awake…you can go back to sleep if you want…your new home is still a ways off…” she said to me, I wasn’t sleepy any more but I figured she was right, I laid back into my baby seat and started o drift off into sleep, huggling the plushy, I saw a sign, it was fairly decorative if not a bit fancy, on it read what must have been the community of where I was going to live. I waited until we passed the sign to sleep, letting out a yawn, I slowly began to fall into back into slumber…Lavender Hills

When I woke for the second time, I was no longer in the car. Looking around I found that I was in a living room, the room was spacious to say the least, I was on a blue couch up against the wall, which was painted a soft green color, to the wall ahead me were was a large sliding glass door that led to a backyard that from what I could see had a pool. The wall to my left had a flat-screen TV on the wall with a fireplace beneath it, the more and more I looked I wondered how much all of this must have cost. The wall to the left had two doors, the furthest from me was open slightly and revealed what looked like a kitchen, the other door was closed but my guess was that it was a bathroom. The middle of the room was completely empty, save for the giant rug that had colorful patterns of flowers. I gazed in awe at everything, whoever had adopted me must have been rich in any standard, it was then that I felt someone’s paw come down on my head and stroke it gently, sure it felt good but I felt like an idiot because I never realized that I was lying in her lap the entire time. I looked up at her, ready to see who my mom was but that was when a chill went down my spine. It was a white fox, a face that was gentle, loving, and caring, but my body started to shake in fear regardless. Instantly, all at once, I remembered “Mother” and the illusion that she put me under, I remembered what she really was, I remembered the horror of it all. I continued to look up at her, my body seemed entirely frozen at that point, she looked down at me, a worried sort of expression “What’s wrong?” she asked. She didn’t get an answer from me…well at least not one in words, I yelped out of fear and lashed out at her with one of my paws, my stubby claws connecting with her snout a second later…it was something I regretted only moments later…
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:16 pm

Pretty good. I like it. Can't wait to see what happens in the next part.
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:17 pm

Chapter 3 is in the works, I should be able to finish it by tomorrow...on a different note, does anyone know how to get rid of a poll, I dont need it anymore but I cant figure out how. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:53 pm

Well you should be able to do that by editing your first post in this thread and removing the Poll info I think.
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 2:40 pm

Nice to see a sequel, I liked the first story a lot.
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:35 pm

Here is Chapter 3. As for the poll troubles...sorry Lig but that didnt work... oh well I guess I just have to live with it now. Regardless, enjoy!

Chapter 3: New Life, New World [Part 2 of 3]

She reared her head back, I think I almost heard her swear, she clasped her nose, applying pressure to where I hit her. All the fear I had felt just a minute before had melted away, I was already sorry for what I did, I didn’t mean to hurt her…really I didn’t, it just sort of happened, I guess those nightmares haunted me more than I had believed. A single drop of blood fell from her nose onto my forehead, I watched as it dripped down my face, leaving a tiny trial of its crimson color behind it. I couldn’t stand it anymore…that much was obvious, tears were already welling up in my eyes, I let out a few stifled breathes before burying my face in her chest…as much as I didn’t know her, I couldn’t bear to see her hurt on my behalf. I started to cry, starting soft up until what must have been full-blown, I couldn’t stop myself at that point…I didn’t try to stop either.

Only a minute had passed and yet it felt closer to an hour to me, I tried to say I was sorry to her, over and over I tried, but each time it came out muffled and faint, it was then that I felt her rub my back slowly, I could hear her out of my cries “I’m sorry…I must have frightened you…don’t worry, you didn’t hurt me”. I looked up at her face, first seeing the wet spot I had made on her white shirt from all the crying I had done, then her face itself, she smiled down at me reassuringly, yet I still wasn’t convinced. I let out a little whine, tears were still rolling down my face, and she continued to rub my back when she reached for some tissues “Shhhh…its okay now…you don’t need to worry, im fine, really” she said down to me, using the first tissue to wipe away the remaining blood on her nose then using the others to wipe off the small trail of blood on my face from earlier before, I still felt horrible though. I shook my head and buried it back into he chest, I started to cry again, I felt that she might stop me this time but she didn’t, she only continued rubbing my back gently “Its okay, just let it all out…im sorry”. That’s what I found weird about all of it…see was the one saying sorry to me…

That went on for the better part of five minutes, I eventually stopped crying, I kind of had too at that point, I didn’t have many tears left to shed “You doing okay now?” I heard her say. I nodded slowly, not directly at her, my face was still partially buried in her chest, but she got the hint anyway. Lifting me carefully, she gently laid me back down on her lap “That’s good to know…” I only sort of stared at her at that point; quite frankly, she looked beautiful in my eyes, knowing that she was now my mother only made me even happier. I almost wanted to cry again, not out of sadness, but out of joy…I never thought I would ever have a family again…I didn’t cry in the end, I knew it would only spark more commotion if I did, but one question was on my mind “whas your name?” I asked curiously, cocking my head to one side. She simply smiled brightly and patted me on my head affectionately “My name is Sheila”…Sheila, Sheila I repeated it over and over in my head, taking it all in as if there was a lot to see from it…the next thing I did was unexpected, even for me, I think I must have been overwhelmed by everything that had happened recently. I stood up in her lap and hugged her without warning “I wuv you mommy…” I said softly, I think she must have been surprised, as she instantly blushed when I said that, I guess she didn’t expect that so early considering that she knew that I was fully aware that she wasn’t my real mother…but she embraced it all the same, hugging me back, the only she said was “mommy loves you too…”. God, hearing those words for the first time made so much a difference in my life…those were a few of the words I would remember for the rest of my life…

As much as that was a heart-warming moment for me, I had made a mistake when I stood up. Without warning pain shot up my right leg, I stumbled back out her arms and fell on my diapered bottom on her lap, reaching for my leg, I held it still, hoping the pain would pass soon. Sheila had obviously noticed, she reached out and felt my leg at different places, testing my reaction to find where it hurt. My leg throbbed with pain when she did that, I whimpered and tried to keep her from touching it anymore “Ooo…poor little cub, I forgot you are still recovering from your injuries…does it hurt when I touch here…” she said applying a small amount of pressure to my knee, I yelped in pain, she quickly drew her hand back “Im sorry…don’t worry…I wont touch there anymore, just sit still and try not to move your leg too much, okay?” she said, carefully setting me down on the couch, I nodded, still holding my leg…the pain was still there but I could feel it readily going away…for now at least. Sheila had wandered off but returned a minute later, carrying a few pillows in her arms “These should help” she said, gently lifting my leg and setting one of the pillows under it, propping it up comfortably, She set the other one behind me, in which I slunk back into…I was so glad that she was there to help me. Sheila then kissed me on my forehead lovingly, I blushed lightly but smiled regardless “Now then, you just stay there and rest…I was about to get something to drink…would you like something to drink?” she asked, I nodded and then she was off, walking off to what I had believed to be the kitchen. It became very quiet all of the sudden, it didn’t bother me though, I knew I was in a safe place now, I sat there looking at what was now my backyard…that was when I saw it…

…it was faint at first…hard to see, but I quickly became aware that there was something in the bushes outside. I didn’t really pay much mind to it…it wasn’t until I saw them that it finally drew my attention…there were a pair of yellow eyes, staring at me from the shadows of the bushes. My fur stood up on end when I realized who I was looking at…who was looking at me… “Raven!” I thought out loud, I stood up without thinking about it and pain shot up my right leg once more, this time when I stumbled I tripped over one of the pillows and fell clear off of the couch and landed with a soft thud on the carpet. The problem was that I landed on my left arm, the other place that I still needed to recover. I cried out this time, but through it all I still looked forward, looking around for Raven, all I saw though was the scurrying of the bushes as a few of the leaves were thrown into the wind, gently falling to the grass moments later. I looked as hard as I could to find him but he was gone…at least, I thought I saw him, I couldn’t be entirely sure. I started to cry again, I still hadn’t moved off of my left arm, I saw Sheila come out and rush over to me…

…I could have sworn it was Raven…but why?…
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 10:20 am

Yay! Raven's back! I was wondering what had happened to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur   Delusions of Grandeur - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Delusions of Grandeur
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3