The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)

Go down 
+2
Lig
Twilight_Prophet
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2007-05-28

Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Empty
PostSubject: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 12:36 am

To start off with, yes, I know I already have a thread for what was the Delusions of Grandeur 1 and 2. This is how it will go down though, the previous thread will remain as the official thread for the Delusions of Grandeur 1. But why bring this up? one might ask. Well back when my cat died I lost the motivation to continue with the second installment of the story and after doing so I declared that it would only be considered an extension of the previous story, not a true sequel...but after much thought I have decided to take the next step and create a true sequel. This is where I will post it once I complete each consecutive chapter but right now I am taking time to finish up school and consider how the story will play out so I wont start writing it for another two weeks. Since you guys were the first to give me inspiration and reason to continue writing the first one I will post here one day in advance when releasing each chapter before posting it on any other forum, consider it a gift...I just hope there are enough of you guys out there that would still like to see the story through and through to the end...

Signed, Twilight_Prophet

Last edited by Twilight_Prophet on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:40 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Number of posts : 11138
Registration date : 2006-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 7:57 pm

Woot! I know I wanna see the story through to the end. I loved the first one and I know the next one is going to be good.
Back to top Go down
http://lionstigerandligers.editboard.com
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:57 pm

Well here it is...Chapter 1...and I will keep my promise and ensure that 24 hours will pass before I post it anywhere else so you guys get dibs. I know I said I was going to wait until school ended before I would start writing but since I will be going on a vacation up to Lake Tahoe the day after school ends, I wouldnt have any applications up there to write the story...but they have internet up where I am staying so I will still be online...well then here is Chapter 1. Enjoy!

Delusions of Grandeur 2
Truth amongst Lies

Written By: Twilight_Prophet

Chapter 1: An Illusion of Fate

…from the horizon came a Twilun and in her arms a cub. The little one was barren and near the brink of death, the Twilun no different. She marched towards us, the light of the sunset at her back, it seemed troubling though, for I knew this would be the last memory I would know of her and for her cub. She struggled to continue, eventually falling to her knee’s before us…I looked into her eyes, there was nothing but determination in her gaze…but looking further I could see the sorrow, the anguish, and the pain that she was trying so hard to contain within herself. She set the cub down at my feet… the little one had started to cry…it was the only noise that broke the silence of the moment. The Twilun reached forward, stroking the cub’s head lovingly, trying desperately to calm it down…trying so hard to soothe the pain of death that was embracing them both…
- The Strangers Journal, page 212 -

Dripping…that was the first thing I heard when I woke up. It seemed to echo, drip after drip, drop after drop, I didn’t even know where it was coming from and yet it was there, as if someone had set it all up to ensure that there was something to break the silence. I opened my eyes, not a lot of good that did me though, there was nothing to see. My vision was a blur and after I tried to look around I knew that all the smudges I was seeing around me wouldn’t help to figure out where I was. Yet that was partly a lie, I knew where I was…just not specifically…

I had been kidnapped…again…which only served to remind me of the horrors I saw when I had been kidnapped 15 years ago and taken to the facility, the one where I had been turned back a cub of three years, the one where I had met Raven and escaped with him, the one where I had seen the abomination “Mother”…I still have horrible dreams of her…even today…

I guess when I thought about it I really didn’t know where I was…despite the fact I knew how it happened. I was walking home one day when some strangers pulled up beside me with a van, I didn’t get the chance to react before they had knocked me out and took me here…the more I thought about it the more it seemed reminiscent to what had happened once before…coincidence?...I truly hoped so…

My vision had finally returned to me and taking a good look around I found that there was very little to see, the first thing was the door only about ten feet from me, it was fairly simple, just a metal door with a knob, both of which were rusting as if they had been here for quite a while. Looking to my left I found the source of the dripping, a small pipe was protruding from the wall close to the corner, water was slowly leaking from the pipe, leaving a puddle on the floor…for how long it had been doing that, I was unsure. Above me was the only light in the entire room, just a single bulb hanging from the ceiling, a wire going from it to what had to be the source of its power from elsewhere. The light flickered occasionally which to my dismay didn’t do anything to keep its heat from being focused so neatly onto my head, my fur instantly absorbing it and it wasn’t long until I was starting to sweat…it was in contrast to the rest of my body though, which was fairly cold…it left me with an uncomfortable state of mind. Regardless to how much harder it became to think, I still continued to search about the room and it was then that I figured out the biggest detail…that I was securely tied to a chair. Sure I knew that I was already sitting, I guess I was too out of it to realize that both of my arms had been tied to the back side of the chair. Instantly I thought of my tail Perhaps I could use it to help me? I was thinking to myself when I found out that whoever had kidnapped me had also tied it to the bottom side of the chair Damn.

Some time had passed, which I could only estimate from the amount of dripping that came from the pipe, before I heard voices. My ears had perked up, trying to decipher what they were saying but no matter how hard I strained, they were to distant to hear. The voices went silent a moment later, it was then that the door in front of me opened, flakes of rust fell from the hinges as the door slowly creaked open, eventually coming to a stop as it hit the wall with a thud. Two men entered, one a black wolf, the other a fox with grey fur, they both looked slightly old…perhaps around their 50’s. They didn’t seem to even acknowledge the fact I was there for the first minute or so, as if they were looking at something else, though it was beyond me what else was in this room that was worth looking at. I gazed at the fox, his face was grizzled and rough, as if he had experienced things that were for the likes of men…but I clearly didn’t know who he was, it was the black wolf that caught my attention, I felt like I had seen him before…I noticed him grin before he spoke to me “Did you really think you could escape?”. What was he talking about? I thought when the other spoke “…now that we have you, we can ensure that what you know will ever reach the public…unless you have already told them…”. Again I had no idea, they must have seen the confusion in my expression, for that was when the black wolf stepped forward and grabbed my muzzle and forcefully turned my head to see what lay behind me…

…My eyes grew wide with fear, my body began to shake, I felt like I couldn’t even breathe when I saw them. There behind me were numerous bodies, some of cubs, others were older but I could tell that none of them appeared any older than 20. Their bodies were all stacked on top of each other, blood had stained the floor where they lay…one of them though I recognized…Raven. My mind had filled with complete and utter horror, I felt as if I was a helpless cub once more, more vulnerable then I had ever felt before. I opened my mouth but no words came, the black wolf had released his grip and I watched as they both backed away and stood near the door, the fox had reached behind his back and took out a gun, one that he must have concealed earlier. I continued to watch as he loaded and cocked the pistol and stepping forward I felt the muzzle of the gun touch my own muzzle. I wanted to scream, I wanted to beg for life, I wanted to be back in Sheila’s arms as a cub, to feel that feeling of love and security once more but I knew that this was it…I would soon join Raven and the others behind me. It was then that an image flashed into my mind and with a final gasp of air I shouted to the heavens themselves “I remember…”.

He pulled the trigger…
Back to top Go down
deltagumon

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:35 am

this was so beutiful and yet so painful
I love the way you discribed each detail and yet did not lose the fluidity
to me true art needs not just to tell a story but allow the observer to live the story and allow the most basic parts of the soul to comunicate on a raw level unhindered by obsticals

I do not use this term lightly when I say masterpice and I have now downloaded the first story from your FA account and will be reading it tomarow
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

Number of posts : 1716
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 3:46 am

Yikes! Another great story, Twilight, I can't wait for more!
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:53 pm

Wow.....Your really good at pulling out emotions from your readers and got some good imagery. Can't wait to see where this goes.
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:35 pm

Finished Chapter 2. Enjoy!

Chapter 2: In A Time Of Innocence [Part 1 of 3]

…it has been numerous days since the Twilun had come to us and presented us with her cub, yet it was only now that the little one had woken and began to cry again. A few of us had suggested that we do nothing with it and let it die…but I spoke against such ignorance. They couldn’t have seen it but I had, there was something about the little one, something I was yet to understand. The other Twilun’s amongst us had taken it and nursed it back to health…the one that had brought it to us though…she was long gone. Even with the Twilun’s nurturing, the little one still cried as if in some sort of pain, a scar of sorts, one that could not be healed…one that I believed would be with him forever…
- The Strangers Journal, Page 213 -

Accessing memory from File Bank 8.12.7

…complete.
--------------------------------
Name: ***** ******
Specimen: Wolf
Initializing

…complete.

“Breakfast time!” a voice said in the distance. It rung throughout my mind until it finally clicked Breakfast? But im still tired. I was lying in my crib, my arms and legs sprawled out and motionless, I didn’t really feel like even trying to get up…there really wasn’t much point, Sheila would most likely come in minutes later and help me out of bed anyway. It had been a few weeks since I had been adopted by Sheila and taken here, to Lavender Hills, a wealthy community full of nice people and perfect weather. I was ever grateful that I had some sort of family now… but the other side of me seemed constantly troubled by the past…I winced at the memory of being back at the facility which by now had been only a month earlier. I still had nightmares about that place…almost every day now, I would try to keep Sheila from noticing, but I could tell that she was becoming wary. I didn’t want to burden her by my past…she didn’t actually know anything about what had happened to me other than I was an orphan and was up for adoption when she accepted me into her family.

I continued to lay there, it was only when I rolled onto my side to avoid the sunlight that was constantly bombarding me from a nearby window that I was reminded of another memory when I heard a soft crinkling coming from beneath my blanket. Back at the facility, before escaping, I was struck by some shrapnel beneath my waist…it had ruptured my bladder, making control of it impossible…technically I was already incontinent, being a cub and all, but because of it I would incontinent for the rest of my life. It made me wonder what sort of problems I would have to face later in my life…even before I had been taken to the facility I knew that society didn’t take to teens and adults wearing diapers very well…but that was besides the problem I was faced with recently. Being a cub and Sheila being the only one to care for me (she’s single) I have to deal with her feeding, bathing, and changing me on a daily basis. Most of it I couldn’t complain about, I couldn’t remember my real mother and with it any memory of ever being loved or cared for…but a few, even today, I am shy about…particularly changing and bathing. Sheila finds it fairly cute whenever im naked but considering that I am 18 years old mentally, it seems fairly awkward to me. I would often try to get away from taking baths whenever I could, much like other cubs, Sheila would never know the true reason though, considering that she didn’t know that I was really 18 on the inside.

Sheila had walked into my room and quietly padded over to my crib when I had been thinking. Glancing down at me, she smiled down at me the same way she often did each morning “Did you sleep well sweetie?” she asked, helping to untangle me from my blanket Of course not was what I thought but I only nodded in response nonetheless “That’s good…now how about I get you some breakfast?”. I knew already that breakfast wasn’t going to be the first thing on her list, for when she lifted me out of my crib I could tell that she noticed the slight discoloration on my diaper, which had turned from a cloudy white to a pale yellow. This was far from a surprise though, I had already known I had wet myself when I woke up but it was to my disdain that Sheila started to carry me over to the changing table while humming a tune softly to herself.

I didn’t think of fighting it though, I knew it would have to happen sooner or later, although I still blushed when she laid me down and removed my diaper, leaving me with nothing to cover myself…but in a way I was sort of glad for what she did for me, being cleaned, powdered, and diapered in a new diaper had a sort of fresh feeling to it, one I knew I would have to accept eventually…it was something I would have to get used to for the rest of my life. “There, all done!” Sheila said with another smile as she taped up the fresh diaper around my waist, taking me by surprise at how fast she was at doing so.

Lifting me up once again, she carried me downstairs where she sat me down in a high chair near the dining table and tickled my tummy before walking off towards the kitchen. I couldn’t help but giggle…I knew it seemed out of place for me to giggle but what could I say?, the physical part of being a cub still remained regardless. I watched as Sheila came back with a small plate in her hands and placing it in front of me, I looked at the pancakes she must have made just for me, for it was neatly cut into small pieces. Pulling up a chair beside me, Sheila picked one of the many forks placed around the table and began feeding me, waiting patiently for me to shallow each piece before giving me another. It was undeniably that the pancakes were tasty, even to Sheila, because my tail was wagging happily all throughout the meal. I looked up at her sadly when there weren’t any pancakes left to eat, I was disappointed that breakfast was over so fast “Don’t worry…you can have pancakes tomorrow if you want…” Sheila reassured, using a napkin to wipe my face clean…

…It was right then that the doorbell rang, Sheila had put down the napkin and looked to the front door, I could tell by her expression that she didn’t look like she was expecting company. The doorbell went off two more times, each sounding more impatient then the last, Sheila glanced down at me “Wait here for mommy ok?”. There was a silence all throughout the house as I nodded, a sort of odd feeling in the pit of my gut when Sheila walked off. I had a view of the front door from where I was sitting but it wasn’t much, the doorbell went off for a fourth then a fifth time before Sheila reached the door and slowly opened it. Outside on the porch was a man, he was dressed in a trench coat even though it was fairly sunny outside which made it hard to make anything out of him but something did catch my eye…it was his face. The fur on his face was scorched, as if he had been in some sort of fire but that wasn’t what made me tremble in my seat…it was that he had black fur. Instantly I started to whimper, Sheila couldn’t hear me from the front door as she was having a conversation with the man, she obviously didn’t know him by the sound of it…but I did, it was the black wolf that I had met when I first went to the facility. I could tell he was eyeing me even though he was talking to Sheila, I started to wonder how he, if anyone, could have escaped when the facility was destroyed in the massive explosion.

I didn’t have much time to think on it though because the black wolf suddenly forced himself inside, shoving Sheila to one side and darting straight for me. I would have tried to move but I had no way to get out of the high chair without someone’s help and the black wolf was already next to me as he grabbed at the tuft of fur at the back of my neck and forcefully pulled me from my chair, lifting me to eye level with him. I suddenly started to cry without warning, the black wolf seemed to be enjoying it as he grinned a devilish grin “You thought you could ESCAPE! You never escaped…not from me…” he shouted, the way he talked seemed almost crazy, almost as if he had obsessed over trying to get to me. I was completely helpless in his grasp, I watched as he exposed his fangs, they were sharp and menacing “…now then before I KILL YOU, I will tell you my name so you know who it was all this time that he feared and hated!” he spat as he mumbled something to himself as if he was getting permission from himself to kill me “…my…name…IS…”.

I never figured out his name for it was then that I heard a loud crash above me. I closed my eyes, I felt his grasp release me and I fell to the floor onto my back, pain shot throughout my body…the next thing I heard was a thud and the sound of panting. Reluctantly I slowly opened my eyes; right next to me was the black wolf who was slumped on the floor, unconscious. Above him was Sheila, she has breathing heavily and I noticed small fragments of glass in her hands, from what I could tell she must have picked up one of the decorative glass vases she had around the house and smashed it over his head. I was still trembling badly, pain was still coursing through my body from the fall, I could tell Sheila wanted so much to help me but other thoughts were racing through her mind as she ran for the phone, most likely to call the cops. She didn’t get long into her call before the black wolf started to regain consciousness and, picking himself up again, I expected to grab at me again and finish what he came to do…but instead he ran, all I heard was him swearing to himself as he shot out the door, the silence that had been there when he first arrived was still lingering…it lingered for many minutes later until sirens could be heard coming over the hill…
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:43 pm

Wow. I'll say this you got my heart rate up reading some of this. Twilight this story is GREAT! Your really good at suspense and pulling out emotions. Nice job.
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:40 pm

I'm enjoying this one too. Nice to see more writing from you.
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 6:43 pm

Finished Chapter 3. Try not to think you understand the secrets behind the story after reading it. Everything is explained eventually. Enjoy!

Chapter 3: In A Time Of Innocence [Part 2 of 3]

...the cub still continues to cry, a pain of sorts still appears to envelope him, not of a physical variety but one of the mind…perhaps it is a pain of memory, perhaps a pain of knowledge. That is not why I write here today, for there is something else about the little one, more and more each day I start to see the truth behind his illusion, he hides something, although he does not have any memory of it. The others can not see it, all I see is the hate they have for him, for the burden that this cub has put onto all of us…

…once when the little one had calmed I asked him his name…he only stared back at me blankly, as if a name was new to him, like it was something he had never been bestowed with before. Question after question I asked him and none of them he could answer, it wasn’t until I started to walk away that I heard him whisper a name. I turned to face him, thoughts were racing through my mind as I gazed back at him…how could I have been so blind…

- The Strangers Journal, Page 214 -

“Are you sure you didn’t know who he was…ok…well I don’t think he will come back with us around and if you see anything else suspicious please call us…you two have a nice night…” A policemen was saying, I didn’t hear everything he was saying but it was clear that they didn’t know anything about the black wolf, Sheila didn’t know anything either, she was still in shock from what had happened, I heard words just tumble out of her mouth when she was talking to the police. I wanted to speak up, I wanted to tell them what I knew but in reality I knew very little that could actually be helpful. I was sitting on the living room couch during all of this, recuperating and trying hard to keep myself from feeling sad. I blame myself for what had happened; if I wasn’t here then Sheila wouldn’t have to deal with any of this.

I heard the front door close and footsteps as Sheila came over and sat beside me, I looked away from her though, I knew that if she got the chance to see my face see would be able to read me like a book, she would see how close I was coming to crying right then and there. I knew she wanted to see me though but she didn’t, she only started to rub my back soothingly. My back was still hurting from the fall when the black wolf had dropped me and although it hurt now as Sheila rubbed it, it still felt good…at least a little. “Im so sorry… I should have been there for you earlier…I promise I will always be there for you from now on…” her voice was soft and quiet as she reached down and embraced me in a hug I should be the one apologizing I thought, I wanted to have said that to her but I couldn’t hold back my tears anymore. I started to cry, I watched as my tears rolled down my face, dropping from there onto my diaper, which promptly absorbed them within seconds. I thought I was the only one crying but when a few tears had dripped onto my ears, I looked up and realized that Sheila had started to cry as well. Still embraced in that hug, she clung to me tighter, it was then I knew how much she truly cared for me, how much she would have done to ensure that I had a future. It was a feeling that I had never felt from someone else before, it filled me with so many emotions I didn’t know what to feel, only that it felt right. Most of the lights in the house were off and moonlight had started to shine through the windows, making the setting almost serene if not for the looming thoughts of what had happened only earlier before. “I know it must hurt right now…but im sure it will get better from here on out…” Sheila said through her own cries, I found it surprising that she could talk at all considering that I was completely unable to speak while I cried.

We spent another half hour there on the couch, enjoying each others company, I knew that Sheila was figuring out how tired I was becoming, my ears had started to droop and my tail no longer swished from side to side every few minutes. I wanted to stay with her all night if I could but I knew that I wouldn’t last much longer, Sheila only smiled at me when she scooped me up and rubbed my tummy on the way upstairs. Reaching my room, Sheila had gently set me on the changing table, at first I thought that I may have wet my diaper but she only walked over to the dresser, I watched with curiosity as she pulled out a light blue footed sleeper, for all the time I had been here I had never worn one and yet I instantly started to warm up to it as Sheila carefully dressed me in it, ending with buttoning up the flap at my waist. I couldn’t help but smile as a soft warmth enveloped my body, only quickening how close I was to falling asleep, my tail was completely limp now, and I didn’t have enough energy to move it around anymore. As if it wasn’t enough, as Sheila picked me up once again, she revealed a bottle of milk from her pocket and started to feed me, rubbing my neck to help me shallow. The creamy liquid had pushed me over the top, I wanted so much to thank her for how good she made me feel at that moment, but I never got the words out. My eyes had already started to close and I couldn’t even hear anything anymore…the last thing I remembered of that night was Sheila setting me in my crib…

…that night I dreamed, I wasn’t really sure it was dream though, it seemed more like a vision. I was dreaming of myself, only older, I was in some sort of hallway, the walls looked like some sort of medieval castle. I tried to look around but I found out that I was only looking through the eyes of myself and nothing more. I looked around, the hallway seemed endless, I couldn’t see either end of it, on the walls were portraits of individuals I did not know. It was then that someone had stepped from the shadows, the figure wore a hooded black robe, the hood was pulled back, revealing who it was. It was a fox, tall and slender, but the odd thing about it was its fur…it was dark blue. The person spoke, I could barely even hear it “Are you prepared for truth beyond limits?”. There was a long silence between myself and the figure before me, after about a minute I responded, although I had no control over what I said “Yes…Xenon…”.

Was it only a dream?
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 7:27 pm

Short, but well written. I could feel the emotion between them.
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 10:48 pm

Woot! Very nicely written Xenon. Can't wait for more.
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 5:26 pm

Sorry about the delay for Chapter 4, been having trouble with why I write, I have always enjoyed writing, but if others enjoy it is a different story. After reading a discussion on FTT I couldnt help but agree to what they were saying; that written works are an underappreciated medium to forums and other such places on the internet and that even lackluster visual artwork recieves more acknowledgement than stories that we writers have taken many hours to write. Most recently I had posted Ch. 3 of my story on FTT and although the view count goes up, without any sort of comment what so ever, how am I supposed to tell anyone even cares? I dont need compliments to keep writin, I and all writers need acknowledgement for what we do and what we give to the people. The problem is not here with you guys, I thank you all for your support, but the problem is elsewhere where so many arent willing to bother themselves with reading if they can just as easily look at an artwork for a few seconds and form an opinion right there on the spot. I have nothing against artists, them like writers, both create art...just in different ways. In the end I hope people will realize that this is a problem, that if it continues, more and more writers will pick up on it and stop all together...

...I will continue writing my story though, at least for here, until some sort of improvement can be made at FTT, I dont know if I will post it there anymore. Once again, thank you all that have read and enjoyed my stories, if not for you guys I wouldnt know if I would still be writing today.
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 5:37 pm

Yes, please do keep writing! Never mind what the FTT crowd think (or don't think), you know there are plenty of friends here who really want to read good stories!

In fact, it's far too long since I wrote anything, isn't it? I'll make a real effort to produce something soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 5:48 pm

Xenon, I couldn't agree with you more. I stopped posting my writing for the same reasons. I know furs are a literate group of people, heck most furs I've met are very intelligent. Yet it seems that writing receives little attention in the fandom.

Like you, I'm not interested in praise. I just want to know that I'm not the only one looking at my work. If I am I might as well not post it, which is why I don't.

For what it's worth I've been enjoying your story and would like to see more when or if you want to put it up.
Back to top Go down
kaiskune
Admin
kaiskune

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2006-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 6:02 pm

i have to say ive had the same reactions, people read it but dont post unless its the grammar nazis throwing a fit over the lack of a single comma or period. or in the case of miles prowler "whats taking so long and why is it so damn short!"

but FTT is a double edged sword, thought its a good story. when you actually get some constuctive critisism or feedback on there it really feels fulfilling

for example i have about 14 introductions to stories on FTT lying around somewhere. some people liked, most people didnt reply to... but when 'foreign exchange' suddenly took off it gave me to heart to continue it and finish it... because if you know people are reading it and looking forward to the next section you want to make it better
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kaiskune/
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 6:22 pm

Ah well I'm glad you keep posting here. That's pretty much why I don't post my stories on FTT anymore. Nobody says anything. Keep on writing buddy your stuff's pretty darn good. You really do capture the emotion of it. Great job.
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 3:01 am

Here is Chapter 4...stayed up late to write it so im sorry if there are any problems with the writing...Enjoy!

Chapter 4: The Raven Caws At Midnight

…It had been many days since I had met the cub, he seems to have warmed up to me, following me around and wanting me to carry him from time to time as if he and I had some sort of connection, some sort of invisible relationship…there was a connection, I knew of it when he had uttered that name days before, there was no way he could know who I was nor could she, the Twilun that had carried him to me, but it had sparked the memories of my past…memories I had hoped to keep only in the deep excesses of my mind…

…I had noticed that the little one never cried when I was around, he always seemed to muster some sort of smile whenever he spotted me, I thought him ignorant for not seeing the dangerous land he had become a part of when he arrived here, but he never seemed to mind, as if the pains of his own past was far worse in comparison…

…Once while carrying the little one around, I had spotted a creature that resembled a raven in his world, I could tell instantly that he was affected by it, he cowered in my arms, whimpering and trembling as he tried to hide himself from it. I asked him what he was being afraid of, I had already proved to him that the others and I would keep him safe from any dangers, but he didn’t respond…perhaps it reminded him of something that had left a mark on him…perhaps it was not a thing…but a person…

- The Strangers Journal, Page 217 -

Accessing memory from File Bank 5.47.3

…complete.
Name: **** ******
Species: Panther
---------------------------------
Restrictions Apply. Are you sure you want to continue? Y / N

Please Input Password: **********

Initializing

…complete.

Loneliness…if any one word could describe me, it would be that one. Not that I mind being alone, it was something that I had been introduced to at an early age, my parents had divorced and my father was the one that had took custody of me. He wasn’t the best of parents, often leaving me for other inconveniences, forcing me to only become dependant on myself and forcing me to look only inside myself to find the many answers I sought. Growing up with my father, I grew isolated from the many people that I had tried so hard to become friends with earlier…I even grew isolated from my father as well. When I graduated from high school, I immediately left what family I had left and moved out, traveling hundreds of miles from them to suit my own reasons…I didn’t leave because I didn’t care for those that had loved me, I left because their purpose to me was over and my own was readily emerging…that was when my independence became my greatest and only ally.

I had no one and no one knew me, it was simple yet I enjoyed the fact none-the-less, I reveled in understanding others when no one could understand me in college…I didn’t stay long though, I graduated early, leaving all the others to there incompetence…as for what I had learned in college…lets just say it suited me just fine…

Years passed and more and more I became a shadow of society, just another face in the crowd, yet I became more than that, more than most that I had ever met. I quickly found my career, it was hardly even a challenge to get the job and although very little I did at my job was worth talking about, I can say that it helped me to answer some of the questions from my childhood…so many questions remain though…I didn’t get far from there sadly, that was when I was kidnapped. It took them five different guys to take me, I knocked out two of them when they approached me, the other three ganged up on me, forcing me into a van and locking me in the back…that was the end of my fight for the time being…I didn’t struggle or let emotions get the better of me. There were a few minutes of tension as they drove me away and then…loneliness…

Many hours passed before I arrived at the facility, I only caught a glimpse of the place before being injected with some sort of liquid and passed out…I never tried to fight it…I wanted to play their game…and win. When I finally woke the real surprise to me wasn’t the fact that I was a cub again but the situation they had put me in. I was in a single room, lying in a crib, I could see other cribs but all of them were empty…I was completely alone. Perhaps they thought they could break me apart mentally if they isolated me and in many cases that could happen to lesser men…but not to me. I could tell there were others too, I often heard other cubs cry at night, so I knew from the start they had purposefully set me apart from anyone else…did they know about me then they should have?

It was a month before another cub had been assigned to my room, it was a fox with vibrant orange fur and an humorous attitude to boot. I didn’t actually even approach him until a week later when we were playing with some toy blocks, he had said his name was Eddy and naturally I could tell that he wanted to know my name as well, I only shook my head and told him to call me Raven…he didn’t even question it…

More weeks passed before I decided to finally make my move, that was when I started to form a plan of escape, I shared the idea with Eddy who instantly wanted to be a part of it…I think escape wasn’t on his mind truly, I think he only enjoyed the idea of going on what he perceived as an “adventure”. It was when we were in our second week of planning that another cub joined us…it was a wolf with silver fur and a single streak of black going down his tail. He instantly appeared to be more competent then Eddy to me but we didn’t really talk much for the first couple of days he was with us but the more I observed him he only continued to intrigue me…

…The rest of my memory of when he and I escaped isn’t clear anymore, I actually cant remember any true details about what happened, sort of like I was a different person during that short time of my life…

Loneliness…right back where I started, sitting amongst the leaves in a tree, I watched him sleep soundly in his crib, my tail silently flicking from side to side He must be so happy to have someone like Sheila I thought, the moonlight shining down on the peaceful suburb of Lavender Hills, a gentle breeze came across the tree, the leaves parting exposing my white diaper and golden eyes So naïve…but then again, aren’t all cubs?. I watched him silently for around a half an hour, his paws twitching every so often He must be dreaming I muttered to myself. It was then that he woke from his dream, sitting up and looking around sleepily, I could see the confusion in his eyes when our gazes met, it only made me wonder what he had dreamt about. Still he looked around in his room, it appeared as if he was about to go back to sleep when he stared outside his window and caught me, staring back at him. I wanted to spring away, back into the blackness of night, but I knew it was too late…this was the second time he had caught me observing him, this time like before he was trying to get to me, trying to escape from his crib and perhaps ask me why I was here. Sometimes I wondered why I was here too…but now was not the time to think about that. I scampered away from my hiding spot and climbed higher into the tree, disappearing among the thick bushels of leaves. Climbing higher and higher I reached the top, poking my head out and gazing up at the sky, the moon was at its highest point…it must have been nearly midnight and yet I was still wide awake. This was the fifth time I came to observe him and each time I wondered why…I guess it was because I saw something in him, something I had never seen in a person before. Time after time I keep coming back to find out what it is, but every time it eludes me. I growled hatefully at the moon…it wasn’t really the moon I was angry at but him, Sheila’s cub, all my life I had sought answers to my questions and each time I had figured it out, every single one…except this one. “TELL ME!!!” I shouted into the night, I could tell he heard me for I could hear him start to cry, a light went on in his room, most likely Sheila to comfort him. That was when I decided to leave, climbing down the tree and back into the darkness…I would be back though… and I would keep coming back, as long as it takes, until I could figure out the truth…
Back to top Go down
deltagumon

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:23 pm

very interesting I can't wait to see where this leads

and as for the writing thing I think one part is that you have to take time and you can't just stare a it for ten seconds and have fully observed the work the way you can with a picture

also it dosn't really help that you have to download stuff from FA before you can read it
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 7:09 pm

Ooooo. Very nice one Twilight. I like seeing things from Raven's perspective. Cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 8:04 pm

Finished Chapter 5. Enjoy!

Chapter 5: In A Time Of Innocence [Part 3 of 3]

…More and more the little one clings to me, following me everywhere I go and refusing to go with any of the Twilun’s to be cared for. I try to deny it from time to time but after each passing day it becomes clear, that he sees me as his father. I try to tell him but he only shakes his head in response each time and clings to me even more…I cant really deny it either, sometimes I do see him and think him my son occasionally…but those are thoughts I can not yet acknowledge…once he grows past the illusion of his innocence, that…that is when he will have to prove what affection he thinks he has for me…

…but enough of the cub, most recently it had started to rain in our lands and from what I have seen a storm is coming…a most violent storm. The others had suggested to retreat from our home to keep those of us most vulnerable safe but I quickly shot down that idea, we will stay. The others don’t fight my decision nor should they…in reality they do not know why I have chosen for us to stay…it is because of the cub…soon I will test him…

- The Strangers Journal, Page 220 -

Reanalyzing memory from File Bank 8.13.6

…complete.
Resuming memory

…complete.

“Shhh…shhhh, its okay, mommy’s here for you…there there, don’t cry…” Sheila was whispering as I lay cradled in her arms crying loudly. I had just spotted Raven only minutes before and although some might think that seeing him was the reason I had started to cry…that was not the case. It was not he himself but the way he made me feel…he made me feel helpless. This was the second time I had tried to get to Raven and just like before I had failed miserably…that is why I started to cry…well, that, and because being a cub I had very little control over my emotions, sometimes the littlest of things could set me off…

It was another couple minutes before I finally could stop myself from crying, I looked at Sheila, she was wearing a blue nightgown “I’s sowwy mommy for waking you up…” I said, already feeling guilty for being a burden “Oh its not a problem at all…what scared you?”. Without pause I blurted it out “Raven…” Sheila looked down at me for a few seconds You idiot…she doesn’t know who Raven is my conscious seemed to say in my mind “A bird?…there’s nothing to be frightened of from a bird sweetie, but your still learning so its okay…you can sleep with me tonight if you want?”. I wasn’t actually scared of what she thought it was but I still nodded slowly, Sheila smiled as she silently cuddled me and carried me from my room, I was still looking at my window, wondering where Raven had gone…

Down the hall and into her room, Sheila placed me on her bed, to me the bed seemed huge, I thought Sheila was going to get in the bed too but what she did next completely took me by surprise. Sheila had taken off her nightgown, leaving her in nothing but her bra and panties, both of which were pink. My face instantly went red, I think I was holding my breath but I wasn’t sure, I felt so wrong for staring but I couldn’t really help it. Sheila had walked over and kneeled beside me, she was looking at my face but I couldn’t say the same for her, my gaze was frozen on her body “Are you feeling ok, you look flushed?” she said with a worried expression, I was able to tear myself away as I shook my head furiously. After a few moments of silence I calmed down, once again I felt guilty for what I had done, I knew Sheila didn’t know the truth behind me and it was at that moment I decided to put my past to rest. My past did nothing to benefit me and even though I was really 18 what truly mattered was who I am now, just a cub with a clean slate. I didn’t know why I hadn’t figured it out before, for all the time I had been here I let my past haunt me, as if it was something that I would have to face later on…but that wasn’t the truth, there was only the future to look too, not the past. Raven, “Mother”, the facility, the black wolf, everything…one by one I forced those memories from my mind and each time I did so I felt a little bit better. Even though things from my past had already come back to greet me recently, I no longer cared, it wasn’t my problem anymore…

After all of my memories of my past had been purged, I felt relieved, like a giant burden had been lifted off my back. Sheila had gotten into bed and nudged me gently with her foot to get my attention, I couldn’t help but smile as I quietly crawled over to her, knowing that this was my life now, that nothing could keep me from living it. Reaching her, Sheila lifted me and laid me out on her stomach before pulling the blanket up enough to cover us both. Resting my head on her soft, fluffy tummy, I quickly started to fall back asleep. I heard my diaper crinkle when Sheila checked it, just as she whispered to me “Feel free to wake me if you have an accident and if you…” I didn’t hear the rest, I was already sleeping peacefully…right before I feel asleep though, I had tried to remember anything from my past…none of it was clear, it all appeared as a blur to me now…

Once more I dreamt of myself but this time I was still a cub. Once again I realized that I had no control over what I was doing during the dream, I was standing in a desolate field, I could just barely make out a castle in the distance, and above me storm clouds blocked out the sky. Without warning the ground started to shake and rain began coming down heavily, drenching the landscape. I could only watch as the wind started to pick up at a violent rate, pushing me over and onto the ground like I was twig. I struggled to lift my head to look ahead and what I saw was a figure in the distance…it was the blue fox…the one I had called “Xenon”. He was wearing his black robe, as he was before, but this time his hood was on, covering most of his face. Being drenched with rain did little good to my visibility but I still see that his mouth was moving…all I could make out that he said was “…can you prove to me that you and I are no different…son…”.
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 8:21 pm

Oooo. Nice chapter Twilight. can't wait for more.
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Prophet

Twilight_Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:57 pm

Cameos are available for the next two chapters. If you would like to be a part of it please post your character info here or PM it to me...oh and one more thing, only cub cameos will be used.
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 10:32 pm

I'd like to be in it.

Name: Lig.
Species: Liger.
Diaper status: Diapered 24/7.
Appearance: You all know what Lig looks like.
Bio: Lig's a nice out going cub who likes to make friends. He's pretty close with his big brother Warren and at this age still has his mom and dad who he loves a lot too.
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 3:41 am

Ooh, I'd love a cameo! You know Zee-Zee's character info without having to be told it, right? Smile But just in case, two-year-old red squirrel, hyper, excitable, clever, friendly, working on potty-training, loves his friends and family.

Still loving this story!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)   Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Delusions of Grandeur 2 - The Official Thread (Ch. 7)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next