The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fun in the Stars

Go down 
+2
Lig
Riolu
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Riolu

Riolu

Number of posts : 1610
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Fun in the Stars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Stars   Fun in the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:33 pm

Glad you liked Lig. Here's a bit more of the story I worked on last night.

“You’re welcome but don’t lift off with me please.” Zoe laughed. “Remember, I don’t like flying.”

“Oh! Right.” Zee-Zee said. He found to his surprise that when he focused, his wings obeyed him and stopped flapping. “That feels weird.”

“You’re just getting used to something you didn’t have before.” Dr. O explained. “It happens to a lot of cubs up here when they get their wings. They’re not used to having them so it feels different to be able to control them. You’ll get used to it soon enough I’ll bet. You look eager to fly.”

“Oh yeah! I can fly now!” Zee-Zee said. “Wait till Nate sees I can fly instead of him flying me!”

“Let’s go show him then.” Zoe said, pulling Zee-Zee’s shorts on for him. The bulge was obvious and the shorts barely fit but they stayed on, despite some of the waistband showing. “Thanks for your time doctor. It looks like there are no hard feelings so you’re off the hook.”

“Glad to know.” The opossum laughed in relief. “Enjoy your new wings now!”

“I will! Thank you!”

Izuri left with Sai shortly after leaving the clinic. As it turned out, the excitement Zoe had heard in the waiting room was indeed Lig growing his own pair of wings, unfortunately with his shirt on. He wasn’t hurt and his shirt wasn’t damaged but it did take a bit of fuss and time to get the constraining garment off of him. So at the moment, the diaper bag Zoe was carrying held two extra shirts that wouldn’t fit Zee-Zee and Lig with their new wings in place.

“I think our first stop should be to get you two a t-shirt at least.” Zoe said as she walked down the sidewalk of the eternally night-time Star City. Nate was currently trying to teach Zee-Zee and Lig how to hover or at least do low altitude flying. All Lig and Zee-Zee could manage at the moment was a high jump without taking off completely (which they both did once only to be called back by Zoe quickly). “But since you two are about to take off on me anyways and nobody really minds seeing a couple cuties in just their diapers (insert blush from Zee-Zee and a giggle from Nate and Lig here), I think we can go to the safest place to fly instead.”

“Which one is that?” Nate asked as Zee-Zee and Lig bounced excitedly, nearly taking off again were it not for Zoe gently anchoring them by their tails. “Fist Point, Mind Point or Meadow Point?”

“Oooh! What are those places like?” Zee-Zee asked.

Lig’s question was, “Why are they all called Points?”

“This world is called the Star Region for a reason.” Zoe explained to them both. “The world is sort of a miniature dimension made up of tiny pocket dimensions, and they’re arranged out in the shape of an eight point star. At the center of them all is the main Star City here. The dimensions arranged outside this one are called Points. One of the four main ones is Meadow Point. It’s mostly a grassland world with a few forests scattered around. It’s the main grower of the world’s food. Fist Point looks more like you’re stepping into Feudal Japan. It is home to a ton of dojos and gyms. Most of the areas furs would go to in order to improve their physical condition is there. They even have a few Renaissance stores in there we could go see if you wanna see stuff like swords and such. And the last one I mentioned, Mind Point, is home to most of our schools and libraries. It’s the center of knowledge for our world.”

“Cool!” Zee-Zee and Lig said together. “I wanna go see Mind/Fist Point!”

“Before you two have to worry about which one to go see.” Zoe said quickly as the two cubs looked at each other. “We have plenty of time to go and see both of them. I’ve got four points I think we’ll show you and four we’ll probably skip.”

“Which ones?” all three cubs asked together.

“We’ll see Mind and Fist of course and we’ll head to Meadow for lunch.” Zoe answered. “Then we’ll go to Splash Point and maybe let you kids do a little swimming around the underwater city.”

“Cool!” they all said in unison again.

“But we’ll skip Zap Point for one.” Zoe said. “I’d rather Zee-Zee and Lig not do any mid-storm flying just yet. Flame Point I wanna avoid cause the place is volcanic. Iron Point is just kind of boring for cubs and Dread Point is just an absolute NO!”

“What are each of them for?” Zee-Zee asked curiously.

“Zap Point is permanently under a thunderstorm.” Zoe answered. “We use it to gather power for the whole world. Flame Point is where we gather raw materials for things like glass and steel. It’s a mineral rich area, just kinda hot and smoky most all the time. I mentioned Splash Point before. That place is simply to gather water for the world since it’s all around the city. Iron Point is where most of our factories for building and processing things are. Interesting to tour some of them but not much to really do otherwise. And as for Dread Point… it’s a place meant more for adults really… it has two functions. Firstly is it’s home to places like bars and such where cubs generally aren’t allowed or shouldn’t be allowed. It’s also home to the worlds graveyard. Another place cubs generally don’t wanna visit for obvious reasons.”

“Ohhhh…” Zee-Zee and Lig said together.

“So why can’t we fly here?” Lig asked, looking eagerly up at the sky.

“Gravity gets a little weird up here sometimes.” Zoe answered. “We’re practically in space up here and at some altitudes in here outside of buildings, the gravity can shift abruptly on you and send you hurtling up or down against what you’d originally intended. Definitely not for beginners and I don’t even like Nate doing it.” Nate just giggled and smiled at Zoe when she shot him a look. Zoe couldn’t help but crack a smile back at him. “You’ve been taking smiling lessons from Ri and Skippa haven’t you?”

“Yep!” Nate answered nodding, smiling even more broadly.

Zoe just rolled her eyes and turned to Zee-Zee and Lig with a grin. “So where do you wanna go first? Shall we get some lunch and fly off the meal in Meadow Point? You wanna go swimming yet? Or should we be tourists first?”

Where will they go next? We'll see in the next post since that's all I got right now XD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/riolucariolu/
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

Number of posts : 11138
Registration date : 2006-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Stars   Fun in the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:34 am

Woot! Once again nice stuff Riolu. Looks to be very interesting. Like how you explained the gravity. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://lionstigerandligers.editboard.com
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

Number of posts : 1716
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Stars   Fun in the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Sorry it's taken me so long to read this, but squeeee! Thanks so much for writing me! *hugs and giggles* The wings definitely make up for the diapers, and it's good to know at least Zoe's on Zee-Zee's side (mostly) about potty training! ^.^ Awesome work, Ri!
Back to top Go down
Riolu

Riolu

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Stars   Fun in the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Got around to starting this one back up too so I'll post what I got. Here you all go!

Nate’s growling stomach and subsequent blush decided the matter for everyone. Zoe allowed them to fly on ahead of her provided they stayed together and stopped at the end of every block so she could see them. Zoe wasn’t worried about anyone hurting them and didn’t think they’d get lost with Nate to guide them but she’d rather they stayed in her sights anyways. Nate didn’t wish to get too far away from Zoe either, remembering the last time he’d been in the star region and had been somewhere he shouldn’t (although admittedly he did get a brother out of that little adventure). So with a little help from Nate and a few more pointers along the way, Zee-Zee and Lig quickly got the hang of low altitude flying and stopped before crossing every street. Aside from a few “Awwww’s.” at how cute they were, other furs paid them no mind other than to be sure they didn’t step on them. After about five times of that happening and about ten crossings later, Zee-Zee looked up at Zoe and asked, “How come they think I’m so much cuter than Nate and Lig?” Indeed, most of the attention seemed to be pointed more at Zee-Zee than the other two.

Zoe giggled and picked Zee-Zee up into one arm. “Probably cause while they just giggle and smile, you blush and look all shy.” Zoe answered smiling. “It just makes you all the more adorable when you do that unfortunately. Plus you’re the one who looks the most obviously diapered here too.”

Zee-Zee looked down at the very noticeable shape in his shorts and then at Lig and Nate’s. Apparently their shorts were cut better and while definitely still there, the bulge wasn’t nearly as noticeable due to the shorts not having to stretch over the diapers as much. Plus while the tape zone of his diaper was almost showing, Lig and Nate barely had theirs over the top (although it wasn’t as noticeable for Nate given he still had his shirt on. “Maybe we should have gone for clothes first.” Zee-Zee mumbled embarrassedly.

“Don’t worry about it.” Zoe laughed as she picked Lig up as well. “Nobody minds and they probably already know you’re clever.”

“How do they know that?” Zee-Zee asked. “I look like a baby don’t I?”

“A really cute and clever baby.” Zoe answered smiling. She laughed when Zee-Zee pouted at the baby part. “Sorry but you do look like an average squirrel your age normally would except for one thing. Most two-nearly-three-year-olds aren’t ready to wear glasses yet and here you’re wearing yours like a pro. A lot of cubs up here are really smart already but you’re already showing you can wear glasses at your age. That’ll probably impress a few people when they stop to think about it.”

Zee-Zee felt a little better as they walked into a wide building. Inside were a few disk-like objects stacked around the walls and a simple hole a couple stories wide across. “What’s that?” Lig inquired, pointing at the hole.

“That’s called Meadow Well.” Nate answered. “It’s a bridge between through the dimensional wall between here and Meadow Point, and we’re gonna jump right down it!”

“We are?” Zee-Zee asked when Zoe stepped over to let them look. He eeped with fright when he saw the ground was several miles below them and suddenly found himself wishing he had wings…. Like a light bulb turning on Zee-Zee remembered them but simultaneously remembered Zoe didn’t have wings. “How are you gonna get down Zoe? You can’t fly.”

“Just watch Nate for a second sweetie.” Zoe answered. Zee-Zee and Lig nodded and Nate gave a small bow to them before simply falling backwards and started to plummet down… for like two feet before his fall slowed drastically.

“Oooooohhhhhhh!” Lig said in realization. “Gravity is lowered to allow people to simply float their way down. Those disks must be for people who like something beneath their feet on the way down. This place is a sci-fy dreamworld!”

“Yep but I actually like free falling.” Zoe laughed. “Pretty weird since I hate flying but oh well. I’m gonna hold onto you two cause it’d be like those weird gravity shifts up in Star City flying in here okay?”

Zee-Zee and Lig nodded before Zoe stepped off seemingly into oblivion. As they suddenly dropped, both cubs wet themselves out of instinctual fear for their lives before it felt as though they’d plunged into a pool of water. They still felt dry (aside from the obvious) and yet the same sensation of jumping into deep water could be felt. The drop steadily slowed down even as they passed Nate (still enjoying a leisurely ride down on his back) but at no point did it stop.

“This feels so weird.” Lig said looking around. “It almost feels like I could just swim back up from here if I wanted.”

“You probably could with some effort.” Zoe said, keeping a tight hold of both cubs. “You two have wings and if you fought the current long enough, you’d be able to reverse the direction. The Wells have a sort of minor artificial intelligence about them. They know which end you’re getting on at and send you safely down or up when you enter. But you sort of trick it if you get stuck or fight it. Oh! Look! We’re entering another dimension now boys.”

Zee-Zee and Lig looked quick and stared out at the scene before them. Rolling grasslands with the occasional forest dotted every here and there could be seen almost as far as the eye could see. Off closer to the horizon however there were rows of gardens growing all kinds of plants.

“Just beyond those gardens boys is Meadow Point.” Zoe informed them. “While this whole dimension may be Meadow Point, it’s also what the town is referred to as. We’re gonna head there for lunch and maybe let you three fly around for a bit. Meadow Point is the best place for cubs to fly as it has good conditions for it and it’s also the safest.”

“I like Flame Point more.” Nate explained, still floating along beside them. “Better thermals but the air is kind of smoky. Don’t even try flying in Zap or Splash Point though. Zap Point is a big bug zapper and Splash Point is miles underwater.”

“He’s a bit of a hypocrite.” Zoe giggled to the cubs in her arms. “He’s done both before.” Nate just blushed as Zee-Zee and Lig giggled at him but he smiled as well. He was used to being teased by his family for the most part.

When the four finally landed on the ground below, Zoe walked outside of a clearly marked ring and they felt gravity return to normal again. They found themselves at the end of a road and looking out, they couldn’t see the gardens from before. “How are we gonna get there now Zoe?” Lig asked, looking around for signs of some other sci fy marvel. “That’s a long way to walk.”

“I’ll make my own way there kids, you go ahead and fly on over to the town.” Zoe answered. “Nate, how’s about we meet up at that little coffee shop Skip and I took you to once? That’s a good place to eat and pretty easy to find.”

“Okay!” Nate said eagerly,tossing off his clothes for some reason and hoping up onto Zoe’s shoulders. “Toss me?”

Zoe rolled her eyes with a grin and set Lig and Zee-Zee down. “Okay you furry impersonation of a rocket.” Nate giggled and hopped into the air, landing on Zoe’s upheld paw on his belly. With a well-practiced thrust, Nate was thrown through the air like a javelin. Just when he started to lose altitude, he stretched his wings and took off into the air. He swirled back around and began hovering 30 feet above Lig and Zee-Zee. “Time to really learn how to fly guys!” he exclaimed loudly with great excitement.

Zoe giggled kneeled down next to Lig and Zee-Zee. “You two wanna fly like him?” she asked. Lig answered by stripping his shorts off and climbing up onto Zoe’s back. “When you start to fall, spread your wings and aim yourself upwards. Nate will help you with the rest.” Lig nodded and Zoe got him into position before launching him. Lig was a little shaky compared to Nate but instinct seemed to set in and soon he was circling above them in an easy glide.

“Why did they take their clothes off?” Zee-Zee asked. “Isn’t it cold up there?”

“Not really sweetie.” Zoe answered. “The sun shines so much here the air is always nice and warm. The only place warmer in this entire world is Flame Point only because it’s a volcanic area. Even when it rains here it’s always warm, kinda like a greenhouse.”

“Come on Zee-Zee!” Nate said as he swooped down past them, zipping around and generally showing off. “Fly dressed like me and Lig! The wind feels amazing blowing through your fur!”

“Okay!” Zee-Zee said excitedly. He started trying to pull his shorts down but it kept catching on the diaper he was wearing. With a bit of a giggle, Zoe had them off of him in moments and up ready to be thrown the next.

“Remember what I told Lig?” Zoe asked, arching her arm back for the launch.

“Spread my wings when I start to fall and aim for the sky.” Zee-Zee nodded. Zoe nodded in reply and literally let fly the squirrel in her grasp. Nate flew below and a bit behind Zee-Zee just in case as he went sailing but needn’t have worried. Despite how excitable Zee-Zee was at times, he still was a clever squirrel and did exactly as Lig did and was soon zipping up into the air. Nate giggled as he and Lig flew up alongside him before Nate explained how to level out and glide. Zee-Zee cupped his wings above the air and caught a thermal rising from below. Zee-Zee went wide eyed as the land grew farther away beneath them.

“Amazing feeling isn’t it?” Nate asked, gliding right alongside his friend, Lig on his other side. “To fly on your own wings is really different from flying on somebody else’s isn’t it?”

“Yeah…” Zee-Zee agreed, sounding kinda quiet as he was utterely amazed. Even Lig was speechless at the weightless feeling they all had. It was as if the earth held no bounds to them, they were truly free. The gentle wind that was blowing across them as well was like a bunch of caressing fingers through their fur. It seemed to whisper words of encouragement as it stroked them soothingly. Today at least, the wind was their friend.

Finally breaking the moment, Lig let out a whoop and aimed downward. Nate and Zee-Zee both laughed before chasing after him. A sort of game began between them, almost like Tag except they never touched each other, just kept getting close. All in all they just had a good time, and Nate even managed to keep them flying in the general direction they were supposed to be going. Pretty soon, Nate giggled and began hovering before pointing downward. Lig and Zee-Zee both looked down and were amazed to see a small town flourishing beneath them. Vines seemed to cover most of the buildings and plant life was everywhere! With a chuckle, Nate spread his wings ever so slightly and began sinking down towards the ground below. Lig and Zee-Zee (after a few sharp drops and sudden wettings later) copied Nate and parachuted towards the earth below as well.

“Here we are!” Nate said, when they’d all landed. He pointed to a shop behind them and smiled. “Skippa and Zoe took me here a few times before we left here. They said it was one of their first dates. Let’s head on in! Most of the people there know Zoe so they’ll be happy to see us when we tell them she’s coming.”

“Yeah, let’s get inside…” Zee-Zee said, sounding embarrassed now as the confidence of the air had left with the sudden onrush of “Awwww’s!” came around. Nate blushed now as he realized he hadn’t thought the whole idea of being in just a diaper through as all three of them were standing on the sidewalk in decidedly squishy padding.

The trio scurried inside and Nate found himself suddenly up in a pair of arms. “Well lookie who I found!”

Nate’s eyes widened and he squirmed in the arms until he could get a look at the face of whoever had ahold of him. “Grammy Karen!” he squealed, launching himself at an elderly looking kangaroo and snuggling up to her as much as he could.

After about a minute of hugging, Lig padded up and gave Nate a light tug to his tail with a smile and asked, “Is this a friend of yours Nate?”

Karen finally noticed Lig and Zee-Zee standing there and smiled at them both. “Who are these cuties Nate? Come on, don’t be rude. Introduce us to each other.”

Nate giggled and hopped down next to them, throwing an arm around both of his friends. “Grammy Karen, the liger here is the diapee fanatic Lig. And the clever, big squirrel here is my buddy Zee-Zee. Guys, this is Karen. She’s Izuri’s momma!”

“It’s nice to meet you both.” Karen said with a motherly smile, holding out a paw and her thick, roo tail for them to shake.

“It’s nice to meet you too!” Lig and Zee-Zee echoed, shaking the offered limbs politely with equally friendly smiles in return.

“Y’know… you look familiar actually Lig.” Karen commented. “I think I’ve seen you somewhere before…”

“He’s the poster boy for Pawper’s diapers!” Nate exclaimed. “He’s probably got one of the coolest jobs ever!”

“Ah! So that’s where I’ve seen you before.” Karen chuckled. “Your dimension has such high-quality diapers we import them here to the Star Region. You look so cute on some of those packs. I think I saw you on one commercial too Zee-Zee, but I can’t remember if it was for Pawpers or not…”

“Must’ve been somebody else…” Zee-Zee said, trailing off with a blush. Nate just giggled and made a point of it to ask Aunt Zena later if she’d tell him about it.

“Speaking of diapers…” Karen giggled. “Looks like you lot could use a change. Are you all here alone?”

“Nah, Zoe let s fly on ahead and she’d meet us here.” Nate answered with a giggle, Lig giggling as well while Zee-Zee had a mild blush. “We left her at Meadow Well. Do you have changing supplies on you by any chance?”

“Always do dearie.” Karen laughed, pulling a few diapers from a small bag she had next to her. “Let’s get you all changed till Zoe get’s here kay?”

“Okay!” Lig and Nate said excitedly; Zee-Zee… not so much so.

Karen took them off to a booth and Nate blushed wildly when she plucked him up and changed him right there. “Oh don’t be so shy sweetie.” She teased. “Nobody’s really watching anyways and lots of babies get changed in public anyway.”

Nate blushed further and almost covered himself with his tail in embarrassment but he relaxed when he saw that aside from a few glances, Karen was correct and nobody was paying any mind to them. As embarrassing as it was for him though, Nate couldn’t help but feel a bit of a thrill from being changed in public view. When Karen had finished up with him, she plucked Nate up and set him in her pouch. Giggling a bit, Nate poked his head up for a moment then popped it back down when he saw a very embarrassed squirrel was about to be changed as well.

“It’s okay Zee-Zee, we’ll have you changed into a new diapee in just a sec.” Karen said, trying to sound soothing but probably just embarrassing the poor boy even more. She’d decided to change Zee-Zee next because she saw a familiar look of concentration on Lig’s face and knew she’d have a job on her hands when he was done.
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Stars   Fun in the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:53 pm

Once again Ri great stuff! I really gotta include you in one of my stories sometime. And Oh boy looks like Lig's gonna do what he does best. Fill that diapee. XD
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Stars   Fun in the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:45 am

Wow, the Star Region is full of fun! ^.^
Back to top Go down
Riolu

Riolu

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Stars   Fun in the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:18 am

Yep! It's a really cool place! Glad you both like it. Heheh, it'd be interesting to see what you come up with Lig ^^
Back to top Go down
Riolu

Riolu

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Stars   Fun in the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 4:43 pm

Here's the other one I managed to get another post ready for. Hope you enjoy the update guys!

When she’d finished changing Zee-Zee, she lifted the boy up and gave him a quick nuzzle to the nose before depositing him into her pouch with Nate, where he was quickly hugged by the fellow bespectacled cub. Blushingly, Zee-Zee returned the cuddles. “Don’t worry Zee-Zee, this doesn’t count towards your record.” Nate said, trying to cheer his friend up. “Not your fault. At least it’s comfy in here with a cuddle buddy right?”

“Yeah…” Zee-Zee agreed, feeling a bit better that Nate wasn’t teasing him at least. “Thanks Nate.”

“Heheh, no problem Zee-Zee!” Nate said, snuggling down into the pouch some more with his friend so they were surrounded by the warmth of the pouch. If it weren’t for the fact he was hungry, Nate would probably have fallen asleep right there.

Meanwhile, Karen just grinned at the conversation as she got to work on Lig. “Phew! We got a little stinker here don’t we?” she teased. Unfortunately for her, Lig had intentionally squished down into his diaper when she’d set him down.

“Heheh, yup!” Lig giggled.

“Sounds like somebody likes being a squishy cub.” Karen chuckled, using several wipes to clean Lig up.

“Yup! I love being squishy!” Lig said with yet another giggle. There were few things Lig liked more than a well-used diaper.

“You sure are a silly one.” Karen chuckled. After a few minutes she finally had Lig in a fresh diaper and the old ones tossed into the nearest garbage can. She slipped Lig into her pouch as well and patted at the bugles they made in there. “We’ll just have you all wait in here ‘til Zoe shows up then.”

“Okay!” Nate giggled excitedly.

“How are we all fitting in here?” Lig asked curiously. He found it odd that even with three cubs in one pouch, he wasn’t squished at all.

“Karen can make the inside of her pouch as big as she wants.” Nate answered with a grin. “As long as it can fit past the opening, she can fit it inside.”

“Wow…. That’s cool!” Lig said. “How does she do that? She got some more of that cool technology you got up here?”

“Nah. This is closer to magic really.” Karen explained. “This dimension has a bunch of energies in other dimensions overlapping it. When many of us who live here get old enough, we gain the ability to manipulate our Auras and can even open small holes in the dimensions to charge our Aura with these energies. Using them we can perform a variety of different feats including what I’m doing with my pouch. Or rather, anyone who could manipulate their Aura could do this with some practice. This for me is actually a natural ability, a “power” if you will. Some of us have them and don’t even need to tap into the energies to use them.”

“Pretty much, take the Ninjas from Naruto in terms of how we work energies and when it comes to powers, either think of witches from Charmed and their unique powers or more accurately how some vampires in the Twilight books have extra powers.” Nate explained, to dumb down the explanation just a bit.

Lig nodded understandingly with a grin. This place just kept getting cooler by the minute. Karen looked up when she heard a bell placed over the door ring and smiled when she saw Zoe walking in. “Ah! There you are Zoe!” she called out. “The kids are over here with me!”

Zoe smiled at the familiar voice and padded over to see her charges were peeking up over Karen’s pouch to smile at her. “We keep running into all sorts of people today don’t we?” Zoe asked with a chuckle. “Hello Karen. Always nice to see you again.”

“Same to you dear. I was actually just about to order lunch for these little ones when you walked in.”

“Ham and cheese croissant sandwiches okay with you three?” Zoe asked. “With an obligatory glass of milk on the side of course.”

Lig, Zee-Zee and Nate all nodded in agreement. Zoe went up to the counter and paid for four such sandwiches and brought them back. Karen let Lig and Zee-Zee out to eat theirs but Nate opted to stay in her pouch and eat his. It didn’t take long for them all to finish their lunches (Zoe eating the last bits the kids couldn’t eat as they were pretty big), and they were happily surprised when Karen offered to accompany them for the rest of the day. Nate made the decision for them all when he ducked into the pouch and promptly fell asleep. When they walked back outside, Zee-Zee and Lig both hid behind Zoe’s legs and Karen couldn’t help but chuckle. “Still charming our dragons I see Zoe.”

Zoe just laughed and pat the heads of the cubs behind her reassuringly. Standing in front of them all was a gigantic grey-scaled dragon. “Don’t worry you two, these big guys are harmless.”

“Ar-are you sure?” Zee-Zee asked as the dragon brought its head over to sniff at the cubs.

“Absolutely.” Zoe answered with a chuckle, kneeling down to give a hug to the nervous cubs attached to her. “These guys could eat you and you’d be fine.”

“WHAT?” both of the nervous cubs yelped.

Zoe chuckled. “These big draggies fly around keeping an eye out for lost cubs.” She explained. “Usually they’d swallow a cub they find into a special pouch they’ll carry them in for a bit before they force them down another passage and let them out in an egg. They have special magic of their own that can let them know exactly where to deliver the eggs. They’re sorta like big scaly storks in a way.”

“If you know how to charm them like Zoe does though, they’ll do just about anything else for you as well.” Karen said teasingly. Zoe just chuckled at that.

“This one’s actually offered us a ride back to the Meadow Well.” Zoe explained. “That way we can get to Mind Point ASAP. I think we should do that while Nate takes his nap cause Mind Point is kind of boring for him now. He already knows most of what the museum can tell him anyways and he’s not old enough yet to go to the schools to learn how to use his powers yet.”

“He’s not gonna eat us is he?” Lig asked.

“No, the ride is on his back.” Zoe chuckled, ruffling Lig’s minimane. “You guys aren’t lost or where you’re not supposed to be so he’s got no reason to bring you guys home.”

Zee-Zee tentatively reached a paw out and finally smiled when the dragon let him rub the end of his snout. “He is a nice dragon!” he squeaked happily. With a hop and a flutter from his wings, Zee-Zee soon clambered up onto the dragon’s back. Lig followed while Zoe helped Karen up into place. A single hop and a mid-air front flip that earned applause from Lig and Zee-Zee, Zoe was perched up right behind the two cubs, Karen sitting behind her. The dragon spread his wings and after jumping, flapped them once, twice, three times and was high in the skies. With a few more flaps, they were off towards the Meadow Well once again. Zee-Zee and Lig both marveled at how different even flying like this was. Riding upon the back of a flying creature was almost as fun as flying under their own power.

“Hey kids?” Karen asked, noticing the dragon was taking his time flying. “Wanna get some last bit of flying in? If I’m guessing what we’ll be doing right this might be your last shot.”

Zee-Zee and Lig nodded before jumping off the dragon and stretching their wings. The two took off almost as though they’d been born flying. They were really starting to get the hang of it now. Zoe smiled and turned to Karen. “Alright, what’s up?” she asked.

“Not surprised you know me well enough to know I wanted a word alone.” Karen chuckled. “There’s something I should probably tell you dear.” Zoe gave her a look to ask her to continue. “Nate’s sick. He’ll have a full blown flu by tomorrow.”

“Must be why he’s so sleepy.” Zoe chuckled. “Oh well. At least the doc said it’d only last for a day.”

Karen nodded. “I still remember when Skippa got sick that first time he got the flu shot. You wouldn’t leave him alone for a second! Waited on him hand a foot. Of course I remember him repaying the favor the next day too cause you got sick being near him before the antibody kicked in in full.”
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Stars   Fun in the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 4:52 pm

Heehee, oh wow, dragon rides too! This place has everything! ^.^
Back to top Go down
Riolu

Riolu

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Stars   Fun in the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:15 pm

Everything but the cutest/cleverest squirrel in the world! We're just borrowing him for a bit unfortunately X3
Back to top Go down
Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Stars   Fun in the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:27 pm

*giggle* You can borrow Zee-Zee any time! Even if it means ending up in a diaper, he's always guaranteed a lot of fun in your stories! *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Riolu

Riolu

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Stars   Fun in the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:36 pm

*giggles and hugs back* Well we can't have you not having fun in them now can we? We'll never get you to like them if you don't!
Back to top Go down
Lig
Head Kitten
Head Kitten
Lig

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Stars   Fun in the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:06 pm

Woot! Very cool Riolu! And Yay for Dragon back rides. Nice to see we're getting used to wings. Hmmmm. You know it occurs to me. Lig and Warren both have a seldom used light ability. Usually used for healing but has other applications. Maybe if Lig learns to apply it in the right manner he could manifest those wings back home too. ^^
Back to top Go down
Riolu

Riolu

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Stars   Fun in the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:07 am

That actually might be possible. Skippa can do that with water after all. Glad you're still liking the story Lig! ^.^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Stars   Fun in the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fun in the Stars
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2