The Furr Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Furr Den

A place for *B/DL Furs and the like to come be themselves!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Second Life?

Go down 
+7
Poco
Prav
Cuddy Fox
{gone}
kaiskune
Baby Kikyo
Lil Eevee
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lil Eevee

Lil Eevee

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2007-05-29

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 12:49 pm

So does any one here have a SL character? I just made one today and i have no idea what to do XD. So if anyone can help me out ill be on after work tonight. My name is Eevee351 Troncon.
Back to top Go down
Baby Kikyo

Baby Kikyo

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:18 pm

I've never heard of Second Life. What is it? *gets big, shiny, curious-foxy eyes*
Back to top Go down
http://www.bellflowermall.com
kaiskune
Admin
kaiskune

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2006-10-24

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:24 pm

its a sort of 3rd chat site for every one ... but i heard its been hit by hackers and trolls as badly as FTT recently was but its more often and sometimes ona much bigger scale
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kaiskune/
{gone}

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:47 pm

I used to play A LOT, and my account is actually still a mentor Razz, but I havent played forever, it is a fairly decent game, but after a while of dealing with the bugs, lag and attacks it gets annoying >.<
Back to top Go down
Cuddy Fox

Cuddy Fox

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2006-11-30

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:07 pm

I been ask about going to SL. I refuse because it is not what I want to do. I am a peace loving babyfur who care of others and not need to play games of what I can do in IM and PM.
Back to top Go down
Prav

Prav

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 5:12 pm

I make things in SL
Back to top Go down
{gone}

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 6:47 pm

oo, building is fun, I used to be contract builder, scripter, DJ, texturer(only if absoloutley needed), and I would dance too ;3
Back to top Go down
Prav

Prav

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 7:42 pm

who doesn't dance in SL?
Back to top Go down
{gone}

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 10:08 pm

easy way to make money xD
Back to top Go down
Poco

Poco

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 10:31 pm

I had an account for a while, but I couldn't figure out what to do either. I couldn't even figure out how to get a non-human avatar.
Back to top Go down
{gone}

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 11:39 pm

You just gotta ask around, if you get to a welcome area (and especially n00b island) a lot of people are willing to help you with anything you need. There are a few freebie furry avs on n00b island that are half decent (a fox, a wolf, a dragon). Find anyone with a group 'mentor or volunteer' and they will be able to help you out for sure (its their job xD). But most people are really helpful anyway. If you ctrl + f > places and type in luskwood (major fur hangout), lost furest(another major fur hangout), or furnation (another major fur hangout). People there should be really helpful. And if it really came down to it you could always contact a linden through the help tab. I would help anyone who needed it if I still played D:
Back to top Go down

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 5:30 am

I tried it but I just decided it wasnt for me. I found the modelling interface too clunky with the lack of a local coordinate system. The fact its connected to real money is a moral issue for me as well as the whole idea of a pseudo economy. Everything was far too expensive if you didn't make it yourself. and my programming skills were no where near what you need to do the scripting (you need advanced programming to be able to understand the script language as its a hybrid of C and Java both of which i do not know ) so that was out of the question for me.

The hacking and attacks - well their easy enough to get around or ignore. Its just linden labs knows exactly how they do what they do but wont fix it (its an exploit in how the game renders and one of their employees let out after they were fired). Find the exploit and patch it yourself then design the fireworks around it to make it look cool. Then sell it for thousands of real dollars and retire off of it I guess.

To me its nothing more than a WOW and a ho hum and another place to go to if you want. I didnt see the real gain to it
Back to top Go down

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 9:17 am

i tried it once, but i couldent edit any thing and even getting a diaper was hard as hell
Back to top Go down
{gone}

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 9:54 am

Well the learning curve depending on what you want to do can be really short or really long. If you want to get into the scripint (LSL) then it will take you a long time if you don't have a history in programming, which even then it will still take quite a while. But if you just wanna get to meet other people and talk and have fun in clubs or other placed then it isn't too complicated. I do agree though, and one of the reasons I stopped playing (played for a year), was because of high priced stuff. But that is only one of many many reasons Razz
Back to top Go down

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 4:52 am

i never figurged out all of the econ suff, what the hell is it for?
Back to top Go down
{gone}

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 1:19 pm

econ stuff?
Back to top Go down

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm

econ is short for economics.
Back to top Go down
{gone}

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 7:34 am

ahh, thats what I thought :\, and ya the linden dollar fluctuated so much all the time, like it could open at 300L for 1USD and be at like 200L for 1USD by the end of the day.

And anyone could open up their own shop and sell their own stuff at w/e rate they wanted to.

It wasn't/isn't a very stable economy (yet another reason I don't play anymore Razz)
Back to top Go down
Incontinent Wolfhound
Serious Business
Serious Business
Incontinent Wolfhound

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2007-05-28

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:47 pm

For all interested, I am Sirius Afarensis.
Back to top Go down

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 11:10 am

i have a new account, i hardly use it though (Kiru Yokosuka)
Back to top Go down
Kin, the adorable fox

Kin, the adorable fox

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-10-22

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 7:05 pm

Mine is Kin Nakajima.
Back to top Go down
Prav

Prav

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 8:48 pm

Prav Repine if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
Drake Silverscales

Drake Silverscales

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 6:36 pm

I have a second Life character and his name is Chris Saindberg, i hang out at the Rainbow Tiger. Feel free to drop me a line, i love making friends!
Back to top Go down
Link

Link

Number of posts : 2390
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 2:16 pm

My name is Zidane Wexler on SL.

I have a job on it as a walking advertisment and I make 1000L a week xD

Although I havent been on in forever because of my Fucking RL bastards of parents took my computer from me! *Cries*
Back to top Go down
http://Missmab.com

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:57 pm

i actually got a new husky avy w/diaper, unfortunately its always glitchy, but id love to meet ya online! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Second Life? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Life?   Second Life? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second Life?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next